Ferry to NYC

Terri065
Terri065 Member Posts: 81

At the suggestion of someone here on the broad, my husband and I took a ferry to NYC and walked up 1st Avenue to Dr Russo's office. It was actually a very nice way into the city. We boarded the ferry in Atlantic Highlands, NJ and got off the ferry on 35st. It's a bit of a walk but the blocks are short. This would also work if you are going to Memorial Sloan Kettering on 67st. 

:) Theresa

Comments

• Jojo61
    Jojo61 Member Posts: 1,309 Member
    I remember someone mentioning

I remember someone mentioning it, but cannot remember who! lol. Glad you enjoyed it....was it not too cold?

Was this another appointment? If so, how did it go?

Hugs

Jojo

• That suggestion was by me. 

That suggestion was by me.  The only way to travel as far as I am concerned.  For me, there is something cathartic about taking the ferry across the bay, under the Brooklyn Bridge and up the river to 35th Street.  I was born by the river, and grew up near the beach, and lived near the beach and by a river most of my life. I love the walk up 1st Ave to 67th.  That side and part of NYC does not feel like the rest of NYC.  It is quieter and has a interesting feel to it with the United Nations, Dangerfield's (the Comedy place) and some interesting restaurants. A FDNY friend of mine offerred to let me park at the fireouse closest to MSKCC.  After driving in and out once, never again.

Hope yours and your husband's days was a good one.

• Terri065
    Jojo61 said:

I remember someone mentioning

I remember someone mentioning it, but cannot remember who! lol. Glad you enjoyed it....was it not too cold?

Was this another appointment? If so, how did it go?

Hugs

Jojo

Yes, it was cold but a great

Yes, it was cold but a great walk up 1st Avenue. 

• Terri065

That suggestion was by me. 

That suggestion was by me.  The only way to travel as far as I am concerned.  For me, there is something cathartic about taking the ferry across the bay, under the Brooklyn Bridge and up the river to 35th Street.  I was born by the river, and grew up near the beach, and lived near the beach and by a river most of my life. I love the walk up 1st Ave to 67th.  That side and part of NYC does not feel like the rest of NYC.  It is quieter and has a interesting feel to it with the United Nations, Dangerfield's (the Comedy place) and some interesting restaurants. A FDNY friend of mine offerred to let me park at the fireouse closest to MSKCC.  After driving in and out once, never again.

Hope yours and your husband's days was a good one.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Thank you for the suggestion. We really enjoyed the ferry. It was so cool to go under the Brooklyn Bridge. I would agree being on the water was cathartic. Going up 1st Avenue is much nicer then going across town. All in all a good day. :)

• Terri065 said:

Yes, it was cold but a great

Yes, it was cold but a great walk up 1st Avenue. 

And your husband must be

And your husband must be recovering well if you guys did that walk in the cold.

• Terri065

And your husband must be

And your husband must be recovering well if you guys did that walk in the cold.

God bless him, I could hardly

God bless him, I could hardly keep up with him.

:)