Some surprising good news from blood work today!

Djinnie
Djinnie Member Posts: 945 Member

I have been in a pretty bad way recently so I was not expecting my blood work to be in good shape. It was a big surprise to find everything from my Bilirubine, Creatinine and Liver Enzymes all to be in the normal range!!! Also my Oncologist has been giving me a hard time for ages in my refusing to take medication for my Hypothyroid problem. Surprise, surprise it is now back to 4.04 mUI/1 which is .04 over normal range, how crazy is that. Obviously Votrient and I are on better terms at the moment, long may it continue on the 800mg. 

Just need to be able to take leave of the bathroom for a while and I will be a very happy camper:)

Comments

• tyjsbtn
    tyjsbtn Member Posts: 50
    I am so glad that you got

I am so glad that you got such great news.

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    tyjsbtn said:

I am so glad that you got

I am so glad that you got such great news.

That's wonderful news! I'm so

That's wonderful news! I'm so happy for you.

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    APny said:

That's wonderful news! I'm so

That's wonderful news! I'm so happy for you.

Nice!

Good blood is where it's at. Now what cha gonna do?

• foroughsh
    foroughsh Member Posts: 779 Member
    It's good to hear that news,

It's good to hear that news, wishing you health and happiness. Take care

• brea588
    brea588 Member Posts: 240
    thats wonderful

so happy that your blood work is goood and you can stay on the higher dose of meds.  Hope you get that break from the bathroom. BLess your heart. I pray you continue to keep on getting better.  Praying for you my friend.

• Jojo61
    Jojo61 Member Posts: 1,309 Member
    brea588 said:

thats wonderful

so happy that your blood work is goood and you can stay on the higher dose of meds.  Hope you get that break from the bathroom. BLess your heart. I pray you continue to keep on getting better.  Praying for you my friend.

At the risk of sounding

At the risk of sounding corny....that is bloody good news!!! Wonders never cease! It just goes to show that you never can tell what your body is going to do.

Good show, my friend. Love hearing that kind of news.

Hugs

Jojo

• Srashedb
    Srashedb Member Posts: 482 Member
    Excellent!!!

DJ, what wonderful news and an early Christmas gift. 

my husband finally went to a nephrologist who did a full (and, I ,aen full) blood test that I have been combing through 

the creatinine was higher (1.68) so the radiologist did not want to use contrast and would not do scans without it, 

when the order reads "with and without contrast), why could they not have done the without part???

but today it is your good news that this is about 

Sarah

2014-12-15

• Jan4you
    Jan4you Member Posts: 1,330 Member
    Srashedb said:

Excellent!!!

my husband finally went to a nephrologist who did a full (and, I ,aen full) blood test that I have been combing through 

the creatinine was higher (1.68) so the radiologist did not want to use contrast and would not do scans without it, 

when the order reads "with and without contrast), why could they not have done the without part???

Sarah

2014-12-15

Well, its about time you get

Well, its about time you get some better news, DJ!!!

YAY YAY YAY YAYYYY!!!!!!!

Hope you start to FEEL better.

With your will, there is always HOPE!

Warmly, Jan

• Scottie22
    Scottie22 Member Posts: 99 Member
    Way to go Djinnie

So glad to read your good news on blood work.  I have been reading your recent posts and saw that you were going through a bad patch.  You were so very kind to me with your help at the beginning of my journey along this route and I will always be grateful for that.  So I will be thinking of you over the Christmas period as always and hoping that you are able to spend as little time in the bathroom as possible. Enjoy!!

J, Smile

• Djinnie
    Scottie22 said:

Way to go Djinnie

So glad to read your good news on blood work.  I have been reading your recent posts and saw that you were going through a bad patch.  You were so very kind to me with your help at the beginning of my journey along this route and I will always be grateful for that.  So I will be thinking of you over the Christmas period as always and hoping that you are able to spend as little time in the bathroom as possible. Enjoy!!

J, Smile

Scottie good to hear from you!

Thank you for all those lovely comments ladies and gents, that's very kind of you!  

Scottie my friend how nice to hear from you, it's been a while. I often think of you how are you doing? Do you have family coming over for Christmas?  it's seems so long since we last talked about that doesn't it? My daughter Emma is coming over from New York, this will be the first Christmas we have shared in 4 years. It's going to be great I miss her so much, we are pulling out all the stops when it comes to Christmas decorations this year. When we lived in Texas we bought masses of decorations and my husband has adorned the outside of the house with the teardrop lights, reindeer and Santa for the first time. Christmas is very low key here, at night the only lights are the stars. When we turn these on the village will have a fit, they will think we have gone seriously doolally! We will probably have the Mayor round within a few days,lol,  Still it will be fun:)

I am hoping to stay out of the bathroom as much as possible. My husband thinks I should make better use of my time in there and start the retiling, save him doing it after Christmas, cheeky bugger!

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas, and all the best for the New Year:)

Djinnie xx

• danbren2
    danbren2 Member Posts: 311
    So Happy!

Djinnie,

That is wonderful news! Hope everything just keeps getting better and better for you!

Warm wishes to you and your family for the holiday season!

Brenda

• Djinnie
    danbren2 said:

So Happy!

Djinnie,

That is wonderful news! Hope everything just keeps getting better and better for you!

Warm wishes to you and your family for the holiday season!

Brenda

Have a great Christmas!

Hi Brenda, I haven't had a chance to speak to you in ages, thankyou for your best wishes! I hope you are doing well, I wish both you and your family a great Christmas and the happiest of New Years!

Djinnie xx

• Phredswife
    Phredswife Member Posts: 162
    Awesome news!!

So happy for you DJ about time you had some good news. Have a lovely Christmas with your family. Hugs Melissa xox

• firedude21
    firedude21 Member Posts: 52
    Great news

Great news Djinnie. Hopefully much more to come. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

firedude

• Great news

Great news Djinnie. Hopefully much more to come. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

firedude

Excellent news, Djinnie. 

Excellent news, Djinnie.  firedude, how are you doing?

• Djinnie

Excellent news, Djinnie. 

Excellent news, Djinnie.  firedude, how are you doing?

Thanks both!

Thank you firedude and P_M, I appreciate it. I hope you are both doing well?

Djinnie

• Djinnie

Awesome news!!

So happy for you DJ about time you had some good news. Have a lovely Christmas with your family. Hugs Melissa xox

Thanks Melissa!

Thanks Melissa,

I must admit to being a little gob smacked by those results, especially the Thyroid. I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall in Dr War's office when they turned up on her desk. I don't know how many times she told me that my Thyroid won't improve. We had quite a few exasperated discussions over those meds. Just hope it stays functioning on a full tank now!

I can't wait for Christmas, the wonderful aroma from the cloved oranges, and the mulled wine always sets my taste buds off. I have made my mince pies and Christmas pudding a good slice of which has my name on. 

My cough appears to be less persistent which is promising!! and last night I made some progress with mashed potatoes and creamed soup, although I don't want to say too much and put the mockers on it. But I am feeling more hopeful that I won't be banished from the table come Christmas Day, lol!

Melissa I wish you, Greg and the family a wonderful Christmas and a better, brighter New year:)

Djinnie xx

• Djinnie
    Srashedb said:

Excellent!!!

Sarah

2014-12-15

Hubby's Scan!

Hi Sarah, that's a bummer what does the Oncologist have to say? I agree about the scan, if they could do the first option at least you would have some information far better than none at all. I was given just half the contrast one time because my creatinine was a little out of whack. Could they not put your husband on saline the day before for maximum hydration. That's one thing my Oncologist is hot on the previous day I have to drink at least three litres of water, then a litre before the scan and two afterwards. Is that how it works in the States?

Djinnie x

• Phredswife
    Phredswife Member Posts: 162
    Djinnie said:

Thanks Melissa!

Thanks Melissa,

I must admit to being a little gob smacked by those results, especially the Thyroid. I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall in Dr War's office when they turned up on her desk. I don't know how many times she told me that my Thyroid won't improve. We had quite a few exasperated discussions over those meds. Just hope it stays functioning on a full tank now!

I can't wait for Christmas, the wonderful aroma from the cloved oranges, and the mulled wine always sets my taste buds off. I have made my mince pies and Christmas pudding a good slice of which has my name on. 

My cough appears to be less persistent which is promising!! and last night I made some progress with mashed potatoes and creamed soup, although I don't want to say too much and put the mockers on it. But I am feeling more hopeful that I won't be banished from the table come Christmas Day, lol!

Melissa I wish you, Greg and the family a wonderful Christmas and a better, brighter New year:)

Djinnie xx

Thanks dj

SmileCan't believe you have been baking when you have been feeling so awful. You are amazing! Enjoy your real food and not just mushy stuff. You deserve it ! xx

• BellaBinksMom
    BellaBinksMom Member Posts: 78
    Congrats!

Congrats on the bloodwork!  Good news is always uplifting for the soul!