Went to my onc today

DSFrey
DSFrey Member Posts: 69
edited December 2014 in Kidney Cancer #1

Just a small update to my last post from a couple weeks ago. I did indeed go ahead and see the oncologist and I told him what my urologist had told me at my 3 month post-op visit about not needing any further follow up because I was "cured". Also mentioned to the onc how no one had told me about needing, at a minimum, chest x-rays annually for 3 years. He agreed that would be minimal follow-up but said he'd rather do abdominal and chest ct scans annually for 3 years, so he's set me up to have scans in 6 months, since I had my last one 6 months ago. Other than that I had some blood work done today and that was perfect he said. So all is well so far, at least now I don't feel so alone and adrift.

Comments

• angec
    angec Member Posts: 924 Member
    Things are going as they

Things are going as they should! Hope you feel better now about it all! 

• foroughsh
    foroughsh Member Posts: 779 Member
    It's great that your onc has

It's great that your onc has a good plan for your follow up. I think all RCC patients should be vigilant and advocate for themselves. It gives me peace of mind when I follow up my health issues.

• Jojo61
    Jojo61 Member Posts: 1,309 Member
    foroughsh said:

It's great that your onc has

It's great that your onc has a good plan for your follow up. I think all RCC patients should be vigilant and advocate for themselves. It gives me peace of mind when I follow up my health issues.

Glad to hear it DS!

I am proud of you!! Thank you for sharing!

Hugs

Jojo

• Skagway Jack
    Skagway Jack Member Posts: 224 Member
    Excellent news.

Sounds like you have a plan.  Keep up the good blood work too!

Jack