It has been one year. UPDATE: One year, all clear!!!

sblairc
sblairc Member Posts: 585 Member
edited October 2014 in Kidney Cancer #1

On the one year anniversary of my husband's diagnosis with kidney cancer, he will be attending the service for his childhood friend that passed away after a lengthy battle with cancer. It is all so bittersweet. I am so grateful for the gift of getting to keep my husband, but the scanxiety and fear of the unknown is the worst. I have booked a day off work to attend his oncology appointment to review scan results Wednesday. Please keep us in your thoughts. 

Comments

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    You are in our thoughts

You are in our thoughts

Icemantoo

• Jojo61
    Jojo61 Member Posts: 1,309 Member
    Your story shows how much can

Your story shows how much can change in just one year. All the best for a successful scan. Will be thinking about you and your husband.

Hugs

Jojo

• sblairc
    Thanks everyone

I appreciate everyones comments so much. Today is the official one year mark since diagnosis. Tommorow, year 2 begins. We have survived. Thank you all here for the wealth of information, knowledge, support, laughs. I know I never actually had the cancer, but I feel like I walk along side you all in support of this sneaky, evil disease. 

• Jojo61
    Thinking about you - and

Thinking about you - and anxiously awaiting for your results.

Hugs

Jojo

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    Jojo61 said:

Thinking about you - and

Thinking about you - and anxiously awaiting for your results.

Hugs

Jojo

You will be in my thoughts

You will be in my thoughts and wishing you all the very best!

• danbren2
    danbren2 Member Posts: 311
    Strength!

sblairc,

Sending strength for whatever happens and wishing for another very uneventful year!

Prayers for good health,

Brenda

• gingersnaps
    gingersnaps Member Posts: 67 Member
    scans

Prayers for clear scans and worry free holidays.

• Ed J
    Ed J Member Posts: 34
    icemantoo said:

You are in our thoughts

You are in our thoughts

Icemantoo

I can relate. My one year is

I can relate. My one year is Nov. 12th  I am however concerned about my Creatinie levels (1.6 three months ago).  I'm scheduled for an X Ray, then Lab. Shouldn't I have a Lab appt first?

• sblairc
    Ed J said:

I can relate. My one year is

I can relate. My one year is Nov. 12th  I am however concerned about my Creatinie levels (1.6 three months ago).  I'm scheduled for an X Ray, then Lab. Shouldn't I have a Lab appt first?

yes, labs first if getting a CT

they will ask for your creatinine level at the CT scan. But you should be getting more than just an xray, I"d call your doctor and find out.  

• sblairc
    Thank you all for the support.

No evidence of metastatic disease. As i sit here and enjoy the breeze. Tomorrow my husband is actually taking a sick day so we can spend it together (ironic, right, taking a sick day when you find out you aren't sick?) and plan our holiday trips and my 40th birthday bash in March. Love and good thoughts to you all!

• Jojo61
    sblairc said:

No evidence of metastatic disease. As i sit here and enjoy the breeze. Tomorrow my husband is actually taking a sick day so we can spend it together (ironic, right, taking a sick day when you find out you aren't sick?) and plan our holiday trips and my 40th birthday bash in March. Love and good thoughts to you all!

Such good news!

Such good news! Congratulations! Enjoy your "sick" day tomorrow! That sounds perfect!

Hugs

Jojo

• Phredswife
    Phredswife Member Posts: 162
    Awesome news!

SmileAwesome news!

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member

Awesome news!

SmileAwesome news!

So happy for you. Enjoy that

So happy for you. Enjoy that day off!

• aamdsi
    aamdsi Member Posts: 284
    sblairc said:

Here's hoping

That you are enjoying your "sick day" 8-)  So glad results were clear as well.

Laurie

• Djinnie
    Djinnie Member Posts: 945 Member
    sblairc said:

Love the news!

BRILLIANT NEWS!!! Party time!! I am so happy to hear it what a great result, shame we all can't get together to help you celebrate! I will be toasting you both tonight though from a large glass of something red and alcoholic for a change! To a bright future together:).... (Cheers!)

Djinnie x

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    APny said:

So happy for you. Enjoy that

So happy for you. Enjoy that day off!

That's GREAT!

Sorry. Somehow I missed this. At first. Have 50 more years!