Weight loss and improved creatinine level

sblairc
sblairc Member Posts: 585 Member

Up until recently, my husband's levels were 1.5 which was exacty what they were post neprectomy. Kept measuring that way. Today, after 30 pounds of weight loss (due to intense cardio and some moderate weight lifting, and eating appropriately) the decreased to 1.3. 

I'm not sure if the weight loss is related, but if you are told to lose weight, just do it, you will likely see results. Just thought I'd share. 

Comments

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    Same results

I lost over 30 pounds from May-July.

My Creatine went from 1.7 to 1.4. Maybe we discovered something.

Icemantoo

• sblairc
    Way to go, Iceman.

Seems logical, the easier their job is, the more effecient they are at removing the crap from the blood. Awesome job. 

• What exactly did your husband do for

What exactly did you do for intense cardio?  How many days per week?  What about weight lifting?

• sblairc

What exactly did your husband do for

What exactly did you do for intense cardio?  How many days per week?  What about weight lifting?

he did bike and elliptical machine

He was burning 1000 calories a day in cardio, sometimes exercising 3 times a day, 7 days a week to get 1000 calories a day. He only took one day off in several months. He tends to go to extremes and I can't say this type of exercise would be recommended for anyone. I should add the disclaimer that he is a former competitive athlete, used to training hard, and is a big dude at 6ft 5. Crazy, but it was good for him to focus on something intensely. 

• myoung790
    myoung790 Member Posts: 75
    Congrats to your husband.  I

Congrats to your husband.  I too was a competitive athlete and tend to do things to the extreme.  I played division one lacrosse in college on a scholarship.  I think that's why I was able to recover so quickly from my recent nephrectomy.  I have somewhat maintained my physical function although not quite at the level it used to be.  Good information to know.

Congrats Icemann on your recent weight loss too.