Half way through

Just wanted to share this with you. Today I had my 6th chemo and there are 6 more to go. I can't beleive that time passed so quickly and now I have to count backwards, 6,5,4,3,2,1 and done! I simply can not wait to not feel tired and enjoy the feeling of feeling normal again. I hope I can get there soon....

6 down! :)))

6 more to go!

Comments

• givingrace
    givingrace Member Posts: 161
    Keep up the good fight

Keep up the good fight lifeisbeautiful you'll be done before you know it. 

Hugs

GG

• Sten
    Sten Member Posts: 162 Member

Keep up the good fight

Keep up the good fight lifeisbeautiful you'll be done before you know it. 

Hugs

GG

Counting too

Hi Lifeisbeautiful,

I am counting too, my Temodar periods of four days every month. 20 done and four to go. Soon finished!

Sten

• amanda_christy
    amanda_christy Member Posts: 60
    Yaay!

:-)

nice to see u so cheery! ur a real fighter!

Christine

• amanda_christy
    Sten said:

Counting too

Hi Lifeisbeautiful,

I am counting too, my Temodar periods of four days every month. 20 done and four to go. Soon finished!

Sten

Hiya

Glad ur Temodar is almost done. Hang in there i know u mentioned it being particularly hard on u.

herez a smile for u :-)

lolz

• amanda_christy
    jimwins said:
    ur animated gifs r the best

:-)

they always always make me smile

keep spreading cheer with ur silly pics Jim

lolz

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,803 Member
    Half

Life is Beautiful,

I guess if a person is going "to hell and back," getting there is the half way point. You are headed back to the heaven of wellness, so keep moving ! Your pic is of a neat street sign; a few days ago you sould have seen a "U-Turn Premitted" sign also.

Twelve infusions is a lot. You, me and some others here have done that much. I am sure you have seen that after a while it becomes somewhat of a routine, and you know how to speed things up a little. I used to get to my infusion center before the nurses had even arrived, and had my chair set up with my books, blanket, pillow, a drink --everything when my infusion tech walked in.  I was very nearly on auto-pilot.  My infusion room had about 35 stations, and I made several friends. 

Jimmi Hendrix had a hit years ago titled, If Six was Nine. Soon it will be infusion #9, and then #12, and then ring the bell !

• Jeff148
    Jeff148 Member Posts: 184
    Down hill from here

Congrats!!! Love the attitude. Just knock um down one by one!!

• Lifeisbeautiful
    Lifeisbeautiful Member Posts: 50

Half

Life is Beautiful,

I guess if a person is going "to hell and back," getting there is the half way point. You are headed back to the heaven of wellness, so keep moving ! Your pic is of a neat street sign; a few days ago you sould have seen a "U-Turn Premitted" sign also.

Twelve infusions is a lot. You, me and some others here have done that much. I am sure you have seen that after a while it becomes somewhat of a routine, and you know how to speed things up a little. I used to get to my infusion center before the nurses had even arrived, and had my chair set up with my books, blanket, pillow, a drink --everything when my infusion tech walked in.  I was very nearly on auto-pilot.  My infusion room had about 35 stations, and I made several friends. 

Jimmi Hendrix had a hit years ago titled, If Six was Nine. Soon it will be infusion #9, and then #12, and then ring the bell !

The Bell

Thank you everyone!

Yesterday I had my 8th chemo and there are 4 more to go. And you are right Max, you create a routine and it seams as though time flyes faster like this. I start with a difficult sudoku, then after they start the infusions I move to the easy one and guess what?! I usually have an easier time with the fisrt one and then the chemo fog effect keeps me working longer on something so easy. Then the last 15 minuteas I'm reading a book writen by a comedian and cancer survivor so I'm trying to have something to read on my last day because it makes me laugh. It's called "Cancer on Five Dollars a Day" by Robert Schimmel . It may seam voulgar at times but we can all relate to some of his stroies or understand them better. So I'm looking forward to the bell to ring and the book to finish. It will be like closing a chapter in my life and moving to the NORMAL! :) Except, is this really possible to go back to normal after everything we go through? I think and hope it is.

Natasha

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,803 Member

The Bell

Thank you everyone!

Yesterday I had my 8th chemo and there are 4 more to go. And you are right Max, you create a routine and it seams as though time flyes faster like this. I start with a difficult sudoku, then after they start the infusions I move to the easy one and guess what?! I usually have an easier time with the fisrt one and then the chemo fog effect keeps me working longer on something so easy. Then the last 15 minuteas I'm reading a book writen by a comedian and cancer survivor so I'm trying to have something to read on my last day because it makes me laugh. It's called "Cancer on Five Dollars a Day" by Robert Schimmel . It may seam voulgar at times but we can all relate to some of his stroies or understand them better. So I'm looking forward to the bell to ring and the book to finish. It will be like closing a chapter in my life and moving to the NORMAL! :) Except, is this really possible to go back to normal after everything we go through? I think and hope it is.

Natasha

Great price !

Life is Beautiful,

If that writer knows how to treat cancer on $5.00 a day, I've gotta read his book !

Also: Never having been "normal," I don't have that to go back to !

Bless your great progress,

max