*blush*.....I am officially an author!!!!!!! *blush*

KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member

With some help from a 'self-publishing' publishing house, my 'Bald Lady' book is now a reality!!!

WHEW!!!  Who would have thought?????

I just downloaded the Kindle verson....and am so excited!!!!

For those who do not know me...I'm one of the 'old folks'....double primary...breast and colorectal...

For those who DO remember me....*smile*....THANK you!!!....most of the stories in this book are about experiences I had during my active treatment, and times shared with all of you!!

BIG hugs, Kathi

Comments

• maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    well done

Well done "old timer Kiss" good for you and many many congrats........mags

• ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Good on you Kath

Well done mate . With what you have gone thru there should have been no shortage of subject material. Hugs Ron.

• LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!  :)

• Cathleen Mary
    Cathleen Mary Member Posts: 827 Member

Congrats, Kathi !!! What a

Congrats, Kathi !!! What a great accomplishment. Good for you. To be able to do something like that helps cancer lose and you to take control. I bet the writing itself was an amazing and difficult experience. 

Between you and Craig, we are on our way to a library :-)

CM

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Awesome

That is a wonderful accomplishment.  Congratulations.  Good to see your smiling post again as well.

Kim

• Easyflip
    Easyflip Member Posts: 588 Member
    Congratulations Kathy!

I'm relatively new to this board and I don't recognize you but congratulations! I've always thought this is fertile ground for a writer and this is not fiction, this is real life and death! Now who will play you in the movie? Hmmm lol Way to go!

• traci43
    traci43 Member Posts: 773 Member
    congrats!

That's quite an accomplishment.

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    traci43 said:

congrats!

I'm also new

I'm new here, too, and don't know you (or most people on here) but I just wanted to say congratulations. That's making lemonade out of lemons, good for you. I found writing about my cancer journey to be very cathartic.

• TheLadySkye
    TheLadySkye Member Posts: 203 Member
    That is so wonderful that

That is so wonderful that your story is published.  Congratulations!!!

• KathiM
    maglets said:

well done

Well done "old timer Kiss" good for you and many many congrats........mags

Thank you, dear one!

It was bumping around in my head for years....

Just finally got it out....*grin*

Hugs, Kathi

• KathiM
    ron50 said:

Good on you Kath

Well done mate . With what you have gone thru there should have been no shortage of subject material. Hugs Ron.

Thank you, my dear Ron, for the kind words!!!!

Believe it or not, it's only 58 pages....but it's the title that says it all...

"It's hard to say 'No' to a bald lady!  Surviving cancer with a sense of humor"....so it's very light....

Hugs, Kathi

• KathiM

Thank you, dearheart!

I have had to read it so many times to proof it, I could almost recite by heart....*grin*

Hugs, Kathi

• KathiM

Awesome

That is a wonderful accomplishment.  Congratulations.  Good to see your smiling post again as well.

Kim

Thank you, my dear Kim!

Yes, WHAT a year!!!  With Hans celebrating a full year with his new heart and doing VERY well.  And he wrote a book about a cousin in the resistence during WWII that will be presented in November in The Netherlands.  And my book....well....WHEW!  I have been absent from many places...

But now things can return to normal....well...almost...I had booked a celebration cruise to Tahiti for Hans' new heart...but after that...well, back to 2-country living....

Hugs, Kathi

• KathiM
    Easyflip said:

Congratulations Kathy!

I'm relatively new to this board and I don't recognize you but congratulations! I've always thought this is fertile ground for a writer and this is not fiction, this is real life and death! Now who will play you in the movie? Hmmm lol Way to go!

It's funny...this publisher wanted to get rights for a movie....

*grin*  But I said "At 58 pages, the intermission would be longer than the film!".....*grin*

Thank you for your kind words!

Hugs, Kathi

• KathiM
    traci43 said:

congrats!

Thank you, dearheart!

I finally took it to print because a Dutch friend of mine badgered me into it....(she wanted a copy for her sister, who is in active treatment...*smile*)

Hugs, Kathi

• KathiM

That is so wonderful that

That is so wonderful that your story is published.  Congratulations!!!

Thank you, my dear!

I downloaded a copy for my Kindle app....still shaking my head that it's real...*grin*

Hugs, Kathi

• KathiM

Congrats, Kathi !!! What a

Congrats, Kathi !!! What a great accomplishment. Good for you. To be able to do something like that helps cancer lose and you to take control. I bet the writing itself was an amazing and difficult experience. 

Between you and Craig, we are on our way to a library :-)

CM

Thank you, dearheart!

Yes, it seems that cancer inspires many to at least blog with others...

I just took the 'Irma Bombeck' approach of laughter...just like when I was in treatment....a DECADE ago...*grin*

Hugs, Kathi

• KathiM
    JanJan63 said:

I'm also new

I'm new here, too, and don't know you (or most people on here) but I just wanted to say congratulations. That's making lemonade out of lemons, good for you. I found writing about my cancer journey to be very cathartic.

Thank you, my dear Jan!

We all seem to have one book in use, I was told...

So this is mine....*smile*...

Hugs, Kathi

• lilacbrroller
    lilacbrroller Member Posts: 412 Member
    KathiM said:

Thank you, my dear!

I downloaded a copy for my Kindle app....still shaking my head that it's real...*grin*

Hugs, Kathi

Congrats

that is wonderful. What is your book about?  Can you share the title with us, like Craig's article?

Karin

• marbleotis
    marbleotis Member Posts: 720 Member
    Nice

We are all very proud.  Such a great accomplishment!