Update on my vaginal wall cyst

Cyst turned out to be benign. It was a Mullerian duct remnant with wolffian/mesonpheric duct.  The Wolffian duct (also known as the mesonephric duct) is one of the paired embryogenic tubules that drain the primitive kidney (mesonephros) to the cloaca. In both the male and the female the Wolffian duct develops into the trigone of the urinary bladder. In the female, in the absence of testosterone, the Wolffian duct regresses. However, inclusions may persist resulting in the epoophoron and Skene's glands. Where a remnant exists lateral to the wall of the vagina a Gartner's duct or Gartner's cyst may form.The doctor said it was there from birth and that I probably had to much testosterone in the development stage which caused the remnant. I believe that is exactly right in my case as I had excessive hair growth as a child (including on the face) and had fertillity problems and had to have shots to keep my estrogen levels up for the first 5 months of my pregnancies so I wouldn't miscarry. Even now I have facial hair (whiskers) on my chin so I think my testosterone level is still to high. The doctor now has me watching a mole on the labia that I didn't even know I had down there. If it starts to grow then they will biopsy it also. Biopsies on the vaginal wall take  awhile to heal and they have put me on antibiotics since it was not healing a week after the biopsy.

Comments

• It happened to Me
    It happened to Me Member Posts: 206 Member
    Michaelynn

So happy to hear that the cyst was benign.  I never knew about all the different ducts and what they did.  thanks for the explanation.

Jeanette

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,677 Member

Michaelynn

So happy to hear that the cyst was benign.  I never knew about all the different ducts and what they did.  thanks for the explanation.

Jeanette

Big smile on my face

Delighted for you.

• Ro10
    Ro10 Member Posts: 1,561 Member
    Michaelynn

so happy to hear your cyst was benign.  Enjoy each day.

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,353 Member
    Thrilled to hear the cyst was

Thrilled to hear the cyst was benign!  I am hoping the mole is nothing as well.  I have to say, quiet the biology lesson you have given us here!  Wow!!  The things we learn here...

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Yea!

Michaelynn:

So glad to hear the cyst is benign.   Wishing you a speeding recovery from the biopsy.

My best to you.

Kathy

• Michaelynn
    Michaelynn Member Posts: 85 Member
    Thanks for the support

I finally see some sings of healing and am feeling a bit better. What an ordeal! I have had to literally stand on my head to pee so the urine would not cause the biopsy site to burn. What a comic site that was.

• Kaleena

Thanks for the support

I finally see some sings of healing and am feeling a bit better. What an ordeal! I have had to literally stand on my head to pee so the urine would not cause the biopsy site to burn. What a comic site that was.

Oh My!

Oh my, Michaelynn!   What an image!   So glad you are finally seeing some signs of healing.   That burny feeling is just awful!    Its bad when you know you have to go but you know it will burn and it doesn't matter whether you let a little bit out at a time or just let it flow - its just DANG!   that burns!   I had a ureter stent put in at the begining of August and it took about a week until the burn finally went away.   Now I have to do it again (it needs replaced every 12-14 weeks) near the end of October.    Thinking about it makes me want to cross my legs Sealed

Anyway, so glad you are starting to feel better.  Hang in there kid!

Kathy

• molimoli
    molimoli Member Posts: 514
    Kaleena said:

Oh My!

Oh my, Michaelynn!   What an image!   So glad you are finally seeing some signs of healing.   That burny feeling is just awful!    Its bad when you know you have to go but you know it will burn and it doesn't matter whether you let a little bit out at a time or just let it flow - its just DANG!   that burns!   I had a ureter stent put in at the begining of August and it took about a week until the burn finally went away.   Now I have to do it again (it needs replaced every 12-14 weeks) near the end of October.    Thinking about it makes me want to cross my legs Sealed

Anyway, so glad you are starting to feel better.  Hang in there kid!

Kathy

Happy for Michaelynn

Kaleena  you are too funny, "thinking about it makes me want to cross my legs"

Causes my whole  face to laugh, head moving  from side to side,eyes rolling and my legs are crossed.  Thanks for the laugh.

• Kaleena
    molimoli said:

Happy for Michaelynn

Kaleena  you are too funny, "thinking about it makes me want to cross my legs"

Causes my whole  face to laugh, head moving  from side to side,eyes rolling and my legs are crossed.  Thanks for the laugh.

(No subject)

Sealed