Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,812 Member
    illead said:

A bit sobering

Hi Max,

Did you see that he had MCL?   AArgh!

Becky

Specifics

Becky,

The link I sent did not specify what type of lymphoma the writer had suffered from, at least that I saw (I re-read the thing twice, trying to find exactly that information, but I understand that I may have missed it).

Sorry if it was very 'close to home'; I viewed the story as inspirational, and reveals how widespread and devastating lymphoma is throughout the world.  I recall when I was told that my strain of Hodgkin's was what killed (after two relapses) former Pennsylvania Senator Arlen Spector. It definitely gave me "pause" for a moment.

Perhaps England does not yet recognize and use Bill's new drug for MCL ?

Blessings,

max

PS:  I took the link down, not due to the story, but because it had corrupted somehow, and was directing to some other area within CSN.   I do not know the technical reason for this . max

• Rocquie
    Rocquie Member Posts: 869 Member

Specifics

Becky,

The link I sent did not specify what type of lymphoma the writer had suffered from, at least that I saw (I re-read the thing twice, trying to find exactly that information, but I understand that I may have missed it).

Sorry if it was very 'close to home'; I viewed the story as inspirational, and reveals how widespread and devastating lymphoma is throughout the world.  I recall when I was told that my strain of Hodgkin's was what killed (after two relapses) former Pennsylvania Senator Arlen Spector. It definitely gave me "pause" for a moment.

Perhaps England does not yet recognize and use Bill's new drug for MCL ?

Blessings,

max

PS:  I took the link down, not due to the story, but because it had corrupted somehow, and was directing to some other area within CSN.   I do not know the technical reason for this . max

Becky and Max

Thank you, Max, for sharing the notice of the writer, Graham Joyces's death from Lymphoma. Within the article there was a link to the author's personal blog. Obviously Becky clicked on it, as did I, because that is where he revealed that he had Mantle Cell Lymphoma. 

Becky, did you see where he wrote, "I await a promised drug. The cost of the drug is beyond the imagination of mere mortals. However there is a window of possibility in a special programme for me. (Each pill must be seen to be rarer than rubies.)  But while I wait in the holding pattern, it's back to the chain-gang of chemo, breaking rocks". 

I am so thankful that Bill was blessed with funding for the drug so quickly! And that it is working for him!

Thank you again, Max for sharing. On the writer's blog are some beautiful writings about living with a cancer diagnosis.

Here is the link:   Graham Joyce

Rocquie

• illead
    illead Member Posts: 884 Member
    Rocquie said:

Becky and Max

Thank you, Max, for sharing the notice of the writer, Graham Joyces's death from Lymphoma. Within the article there was a link to the author's personal blog. Obviously Becky clicked on it, as did I, because that is where he revealed that he had Mantle Cell Lymphoma. 

Becky, did you see where he wrote, "I await a promised drug. The cost of the drug is beyond the imagination of mere mortals. However there is a window of possibility in a special programme for me. (Each pill must be seen to be rarer than rubies.)  But while I wait in the holding pattern, it's back to the chain-gang of chemo, breaking rocks". 

I am so thankful that Bill was blessed with funding for the drug so quickly! And that it is working for him!

Thank you again, Max for sharing. On the writer's blog are some beautiful writings about living with a cancer diagnosis.

Here is the link:   Graham Joyce

Rocquie

Yes, I did see it.

I didn't have time last nite to read more of his blog, so this morning I read what you quoted.  It settled my thoughts but made me very sad for him, he had a rough go of it and so sad that he knew the drug was out there but unreachable.  It is very humbling for us, we don't deserve it anymore than anyone else.  We are so thankful but incensed that others aren't able to benefit.  Thank you Roquie for your kind thoughts and Max, I always thank you too. 

Becky