Just started Brentuximab

Just wanted to update you guys. The stem cell transplant still hasnt happened. My husband did 2 rounds of ESHAP and had a great response. They collected his stem cells and decided to do one more treatment to see if he would be in complete remission. After fighting with insurance they did another pet scan and it was pretty much all back to pre ESHAP numbers. He just started brentuximab and he will do 3 treatments before another scan. God I hope this works. He now has that cough that he hasnt come back since his first round of ABVD. Wish us luck!

Comments

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,812 Member
    Geeze

Sounds like he has really run the course with all of these alphabet-soup medicines. Wishing you not just luck but the blessing of recovery.  We know that what you are enduring is extremely stressful.  Get out some on a fun day with those beautiful kids when you can.  They worry more than the parents sometimes realize.

max

• Chrisjag
    Chrisjag Member Posts: 18

Geeze

Sounds like he has really run the course with all of these alphabet-soup medicines. Wishing you not just luck but the blessing of recovery.  We know that what you are enduring is extremely stressful.  Get out some on a fun day with those beautiful kids when you can.  They worry more than the parents sometimes realize.

max

Thank you! It is extremely

Thank you! It is extremely stressful. Both times the medicines started to work only to finish and have it grow back. :( He has a port and a catheter right now, so the kids definitly know something is up. When he stays in the hospital they get nervous but the nurses help make them comfortable and they cant wait to visit him everyday (and get chocolate ice cream from the nurses) He will do 3 rounds of this before the next scan. I'll keep you posted.

• pamperedwife
    pamperedwife Member Posts: 3
    Brentuximab

I'm pretty new to this site but I wanted to say you have a beautiful family and pray for a great result this time around. I wish you all the best. 

• tall floridian
    tall floridian Member Posts: 95
    Praying for you

My prayers are for a full recovery- I'm a 4th stage lymphoma survivor now 2 years in remission (thank God) due to all the faithful prayers of friends and church members. You'll have a beautiful family and have so much to live for. Trust God,follow doctors advice,eat healthy and take each day as it comes, stay positive at all times. Will be praying for ya'll-keep me informed of your progress. Hugs, Steve