Comments

• DadysGirl
    DadysGirl Member Posts: 346
    :(((( what happened?

Hoping things are ok

• NANCYL1
    NANCYL1 Member Posts: 289
    PRAYERS

Prayers, of course.  Please tell us what happened.

Nancy

• coachmike
    coachmike Member Posts: 155
    prayer sent

prayer sent

• allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    Prayers

My prayers are with you both. Please let us know how things are when you get a chance. Love...Sue

• jimwins
    jimwins Member Posts: 2,107
    Of Course

Prayers and hugs - just read your post sorry for the delay.

• anliperez915
    anliperez915 Member Posts: 770
    I'm sending you both my

I'm sending you both my prayers and hoping that everything is fine. 

Let us know when you can...thinking of you!

Sincerely,

Liz

• illead
    illead Member Posts: 884 Member

I'm sending you both my

I'm sending you both my prayers and hoping that everything is fine. 

Let us know when you can...thinking of you!

Sincerely,

Liz

No no no no

We were gone this evening and just now read,  Yes, our prayers are with you.  You know we love you, you are special.  This is not what we want to hear!  We know you will fill us in, but in your own time, just hang on to each other, we can wait.

Love, Becky & Bill 

• jimwins
    Still thinking of you today

Just wanted you to know you guys are on my heart today. 

Hugs

• MChantal
    MChantal Member Posts: 107
    I apologize for the prompt

I apologize for the prompt scare yesterday as I was in a state of shock, it was I just know that I can always depend on you all here with the power of prayer and positive thoughts.

For the past 3 days Kyle developed a temperature ranging from 99-101, a headache, with quite some fatigue and body aches. The first day he told me about it we ended up calling the cancer center and of course, they called us immediately in. They did blood work, took blood cultures and started him on antibiotics. On this day, his WBC's were 2.2 (low) and platelets 119 (low). Their plan was to continue the IV antibiotics until the blood cultures came back.  Yet, for the past nights his temperature has gotten up to 101.6 and has broke out in a sweat.  Yesterday, the blood cultures came back were negative in which they decided they wanted to do an immediate MRI of his head and face. After his traumatizing MRI (as those that have had one know how uncomfortable it is) we were walking back to the infusion room to finish up his fluids and the oncologist caught us and took us into a room in which she told us she needed to do an immediate bone marrow biopsy with a full work up due to his blood work now. His WBC's were now 1.6 and platelets 75. His ANC is also 1.2 (neutropenic). They want to make sure the Lymphoma is not back....That is when they took him away to do the bone marrow biopsy and I posted the prayers please. They are working. After his dreaded bone marrow biopsy we got the results that his brain is fine and that they do see a sinus infection. So in all pleads and hopes, we are praying that this is all it is, a stupid sinus infection that is causing his body to freak out especially the blood work.

I am just scared again and I can only imagine how Kyle is feeling right now. I just really, really hate this feeling.

I will keep you all update with the results on Monday. Until than, we go back to the cancer center all weekend for IV antibiotics and fluids.

• jimwins
    MChantal said:

I apologize for the prompt scare yesterday as I was in a state of shock, it was I just know that I can always depend on you all here with the power of prayer and positive thoughts.

For the past 3 days Kyle developed a temperature ranging from 99-101, a headache, with quite some fatigue and body aches. The first day he told me about it we ended up calling the cancer center and of course, they called us immediately in. They did blood work, took blood cultures and started him on antibiotics. On this day, his WBC's were 2.2 (low) and platelets 119 (low). Their plan was to continue the IV antibiotics until the blood cultures came back.  Yet, for the past nights his temperature has gotten up to 101.6 and has broke out in a sweat.  Yesterday, the blood cultures came back were negative in which they decided they wanted to do an immediate MRI of his head and face. After his traumatizing MRI (as those that have had one know how uncomfortable it is) we were walking back to the infusion room to finish up his fluids and the oncologist caught us and took us into a room in which she told us she needed to do an immediate bone marrow biopsy with a full work up due to his blood work now. His WBC's were now 1.6 and platelets 75. His ANC is also 1.2 (neutropenic). They want to make sure the Lymphoma is not back....That is when they took him away to do the bone marrow biopsy and I posted the prayers please. They are working. After his dreaded bone marrow biopsy we got the results that his brain is fine and that they do see a sinus infection. So in all pleads and hopes, we are praying that this is all it is, a stupid sinus infection that is causing his body to freak out especially the blood work.

I am just scared again and I can only imagine how Kyle is feeling right now. I just really, really hate this feeling.

I will keep you all update with the results on Monday. Until than, we go back to the cancer center all weekend for IV antibiotics and fluids.

Thanks Michelle

Thanks for the update.  Hopefully the sinus infection is all it is.  We'll keep you guys in our thoughts and good luck Monday.

Hugs - Jim

• Rocquie
    Rocquie Member Posts: 868 Member
    MChantal said:

Worry

Michelle and Kyle. . .worry and fear are terrible side effects of having been through treatment for cancer. I recently heard someone say it was like having a stupid song stuck in your head. You know the one--it just keeps droning on and on in your mind. Anyone can say, don't worry. Live your life. Trust. Hope. 

But when you have a scare like you just had, it is almost impossible not to worry and be frightened. 

I am thankful that Kyle's medical team is so proactive! Best that he is in their hands right now and that they are watching over him. 

I am so sorry you are scared. I hate that feeling in myself and I wish I could give you a big hug and a shoulder to lean on. 

Prayers, hugs, and love,

Rocquie

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,803 Member
    MChantal said:

Super

I'm very glad that things seem to be OK. That fright was undoubtedly horrible.

I saw your post only a moment ago, so did not get the prayer request till now.

But, there are also prayers of thanksgiving, and I will pray for you two now in thanksgiving....

max

• illead
    illead Member Posts: 884 Member

Super

I'm very glad that things seem to be OK. That fright was undoubtedly horrible.

I saw your post only a moment ago, so did not get the prayer request till now.

But, there are also prayers of thanksgiving, and I will pray for you two now in thanksgiving....

max

Let's hope

So far that is a big relief.  I am thinking that it very well could be something simple like a sinus infection.  His body is no doubt not recovered completely from the SCT, so that could explain the intensity of whatever is happening.  It is so good to know that we all have been so supportive of each other and that we feel so comfortable to share.  We are here for you and Kyle every step of the way.  We are so hoping the news stays good.

Our prayers remain with you both, Becky and Bill

• MChantal
    Today

Today: 

WBC: 1.3

Platelets: 60

They are continuing to drop. He received neupogen today. Hoping for a rise in his counts.

His liver enzymes are also becoming increasingly elevated. 

Kyle is fearful that it is back.... 

I adore and love you all. Please keep praying for Kyle. 

• DadysGirl
    MChantal said:

Today

Today: 

They are continuing to drop. He received neupogen today. Hoping for a rise in his counts.

Hoping it is just sinus and

Hoping it is just sinus and blood work liver enzymes are result of sinus and his immune system being weak.

Thinking of you both and your families all the time I was traveling yesterday checked with phone for updates but couldn't write back... Please keep us posted as much as you're able to...

Lots of luv and hugs sweetie..

• DadysGirl
    I know you may not be able to

I know you may not be able to let us know how things are but if you do get a chance please let us know how things are... Thinking of you all and praying for benign results...

• anliperez915
    anliperez915 Member Posts: 770
    MChantal said:

Today

Today: 

Praying

Thinking and praying for you both...I'm so sorry that you guys are going through this tough time! I'm hoping and praying that he gets better soon! Take care and when you get a chance please keep us updated. Sending you both hugs!

Sincerely,

Liz

• MChantal
    Good evening everyone

Well no news is good news?

Kyle's counts continue to drop (WBC and platelets). Liver enzymes and LDH continue to drastically arise.We have a PET/CT scan for tomorrow and should have the results of everything on Wednesday. 

I do not know if it's denial or if we are at peace with the possibility of the cancer being back or if we are merely going absolutely crazy because not one of us talks about it.... 

Kyle lie claims to be feeling somewhat better yet, his blood work tells otherwise. He has not had a fever in over 16 hours. Which brings me hope. I just cannot believe this is happening. Life... 

• jimwins
    MChantal said:

Good evening everyone

Kyle's counts continue to drop (WBC and platelets). Liver enzymes and LDH continue to drastically arise.We have a PET/CT scan for tomorrow and should have the results of everything on Wednesday. 

I do not know if it's denial or if we are at peace with the possibility of the cancer being back or if we are merely going absolutely crazy because not one of us talks about it.... 

Kyle lie claims to be feeling somewhat better yet, his blood work tells otherwise. He has not had a fever in over 16 hours. Which brings me hope. I just cannot believe this is happening. Life... 

Hi Michelle

You're probably going absolutely crazy ;).  Hope lives here you know :).  Please keep us updated and you know you're in our thoughts.

Hugs,

• DadysGirl
    MChantal said:

Good evening everyone

I know how you all feel very

I know how you all feel very well... Things going so well and suddenly things not looking so good and yet no one has any definite answer... One is in shock denial and acceptance yet still hoping God will not let it happen... We were going through all of that exactly two years ago these past few days and following days... These past months and this month is extremely emotional for me, just know you are all in my thoughts, prayers in a time when my heart is so broken... No fever is good news. We were told with my Dad's elevated LDH that it can happen from the recent high dose chemo, inflamation (He also had stem cell transplant). I know they were watching his liver enzymes during sct, because he had 30% chance of liver shutting down I forgot the medical term for it vod something like that... Is it possible it could be a delayed version of that from high dose chemo that they may need to treat him for? Please keep thinking positive no matter how difficult it may be. I'm so glad about no fever. Thank you for letting us know how things are going. Hoping and waiting for a message that is benign and with tons of smileys...