Shoopy (Karl)

jimwins
jimwins Member Posts: 2,107

It breaks my heard to share this but I just got this message from a friend of Karl (Shoopy):

"I am a friend of Karl.  I know how much support he felt from this site and I think he would want you to know that he passed away on Saturday.  He was loved by so many and I know he died feeling that love.  His plan was to live forever ... and he will ... in our hearts.   Please share this with those who you feel would want to know. 

Best wishes and good health to you."

The sender's name on here is "friendofshoopy".

Comments

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,812 Member
    What a Blow

Geeze, Jim.  I just logged on, and this is front-and-center.

Karl was obviously universally loved here. His personality was unequaled.  He went through so many salvage therapies, and fought so hard for the transplant to happen and work.  His path reminds me a little of Dixiechick, another precious voice.

Bless his soul, bless his memory, bless friendofshoopy. Bless the family .

Thank you, Jim and friendofshoopy,

max

• jimwins

What a Blow

Geeze, Jim.  I just logged on, and this is front-and-center.

Karl was obviously universally loved here. His personality was unequaled.  He went through so many salvage therapies, and fought so hard for the transplant to happen and work.  His path reminds me a little of Dixiechick, another precious voice.

Bless his soul, bless his memory, bless friendofshoopy. Bless the family .

Thank you, Jim and friendofshoopy,

max

I agree, Max

I was stunned honestly but I know Karl wouldn't want us to be sad for long.  He fought well and was uniquely courageous.  It's always hard to get this kind of news here and thankfully, it doesn't happen very often on this board.  I think you said it pretty well, Max as you usually do.

Bless everyone,

Jim

• illead
    illead Member Posts: 884 Member
    jimwins said:

I agree, Max

I was stunned honestly but I know Karl wouldn't want us to be sad for long.  He fought well and was uniquely courageous.  It's always hard to get this kind of news here and thankfully, it doesn't happen very often on this board.  I think you said it pretty well, Max as you usually do.

Bless everyone,

Jim

Such sad news

I was just thinking about him and Matt.  It's hard to take, we will pray for his loved ones and of course all of you dear friends.

Bill & Becky

• Rocquie
    Rocquie Member Posts: 869 Member
    My Friend Karl

Cry

• DadysGirl
    DadysGirl Member Posts: 346
    Ive been thinking of him constantly and was very afraid :(((((((

• Bill_NC
    Bill_NC Member Posts: 133 Member
    DadysGirl said:

Ive been thinking of him constantly and was very afraid :(((((((

Sorry to sound so ignorant

I serached memebers area with name shoopy but could not find any. I found Karl but last active was on 2008. just like to know more about him, may GOD bless his soul.

Bill_NC said:

Sorry to sound so ignorant

I serached memebers area with name shoopy but could not find any. I found Karl but last active was on 2008. just like to know more about him, may GOD bless his soul.

Shoop

Bill-NC,

The last time Shoopy started a thread (that I can find) was April 30, entitled "Day-7 Through Day 0" . The title refers to the time sequence of his Stem Cell Transplant.

He may have posted on some other thread since that time....., but I think it was his last post.

He joined in 2013, and the counter shows 210 posts from him.

If you go to his thread and click on his name, it will take you to his bio.

There is no "ignorant" here, just people willing to ask questions.

max

• jimwins

Shoop

Bill-NC,

The last time Shoopy started a thread (that I can find) was April 30, entitled "Day-7 Through Day 0" . The title refers to the time sequence of his Stem Cell Transplant.

He may have posted on some other thread since that time....., but I think it was his last post.

He joined in 2013, and the counter shows 210 posts from him.

If you go to his thread and click on his name, it will take you to his bio.

There is no "ignorant" here, just people willing to ask questions.

max

Same problem

Bill, I couldn't search his profile by member name (shoopy) either.  Not sure why unless it was requested it be deactivated?

• Bill_NC
    Bill_NC Member Posts: 133 Member
    jimwins said:

Same problem

Bill, I couldn't search his profile by member name (shoopy) either.  Not sure why unless it was requested it be deactivated?

Thanks Max and Jim.

I actully found his posts by typing shoopy in the google search. no luck in CSN site.

• Jeff148
    Jeff148 Member Posts: 184
    RIP Shoopy

I didn't know Karl very well. He did offer me encouragement and advice to one of my posts a month or so ago. He had a great attitude and beautiful spirit. He told me to stay positive.  I'm sure he's dancing with the angels, pain free. 

jimwins said:

Same problem

Bio

Jim.

I also tried to go to Shoopy's bio,  but a message said "Not Available."  I guess you may be correct, the family may have asked to have it removed, which is their call to make . I don't readily understand it, if that is what occured, but I'm not them.  

Bless all involved.  He lives on here in his many posts, and in our memories of him.max

• anliperez915
    anliperez915 Member Posts: 770
    Such sad news!! Thank you Jim

Such sad news!! Thank you Jim and friend of shoopy for letting us know! I will always remember his phrase "I plan to live forever so far so good" He was such a positive and strong person, that's the way I will remember him!

:(

sincerely,

Liz

• ThisisLife
    ThisisLife Member Posts: 101 Member
    Oh my, that is quite a

Oh my, that is quite a shock.  Things were looking so promising for Karl.  He had such a great attitude!

• allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    Makes me so sad...

Thank you Jim for sharing Karls passing with us. Rest in peace dear Karl. This makes me so sad.  Love...Sue 

• forme
    forme Member Posts: 1,161 Member
    Sad

Sad, this is such sad news.

I am at a loss for words, just very sad.

• onlytoday
    onlytoday Member Posts: 609 Member
    Shoopy

Jim, thank you for letting us know.  What sad news.  Prayers for Shoopy and his friends.

Hugs,

Donna

• MChantal
    MChantal Member Posts: 107
    I am at a loss for

I am at a loss for words.

Praying for his family and friends.

• girliefighter
    girliefighter Member Posts: 232
    Saddened

So deeply saddened by this...I haven't been on in awhile and saw this immediately...What a FIGHTER and the spirit of a WARRIOR

You will be missed Karl

XXXOOO

Carie