janderson...Y90 today

Trubrit
Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member

I am so glad that you are feeling well after your Y90 injection today.  Are you still in the hospital? 

I hope you are out and about and ready to go. 

Comments

• herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Y90

Just echoing the same, I hope it went well, is successful and that you are feeling well.

Hugs,

Winter Marie

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    Thank you so much for asking.

Thank you so much for asking. It went very well. They determined that i could handle the full dose so i dont have to come back for a second injection. I will be releasedbfrom the hospital today. Apparently most hospitals release you the same day but it is standard proceedure to stay overnight for observation and iv antibiotics at this hospital. And i am good with that. I like thier cautious approach.

So far i have absolutely no side effects. No liver pain nausea or fatigue. I hope it stays that way because i am planning on starting a round of xeloda tomorrow so i can squeeze in a round and still have a couple of days to recover before my trip to Seattle to see Dr. Lin.

• Trubrit

Thank you so much for asking.

Thank you so much for asking. It went very well. They determined that i could handle the full dose so i dont have to come back for a second injection. I will be releasedbfrom the hospital today. Apparently most hospitals release you the same day but it is standard proceedure to stay overnight for observation and iv antibiotics at this hospital. And i am good with that. I like thier cautious approach.

So far i have absolutely no side effects. No liver pain nausea or fatigue. I hope it stays that way because i am planning on starting a round of xeloda tomorrow so i can squeeze in a round and still have a couple of days to recover before my trip to Seattle to see Dr. Lin.

Wonderful news!

In England we (used) to have an expression 'Get on yer bike'. Normally  it was to tell someone to go away (bog off, another term), but for you it would be literal. I hope you get 'on yer bike' and do some mountain biking soon. 

• janderson1964
    Trubrit said:

Wonderful news!

In England we (used) to have an expression 'Get on yer bike'. Normally  it was to tell someone to go away (bog off, another term), but for you it would be literal. I hope you get 'on yer bike' and do some mountain biking soon. 

I drove myself home from the

I drove myself home from the hospital. Its over an hour drive so i planned to stop to have pho which i mentioned in the 4th of July post. Anyway i felt great when i was released from the hospital. I got uncontrollable hiccups as soon as i started driving. Over time it started to make me sick to ky stomach and really weak. I barely made it to the parking lot of the restaraunt which wasnonly halfway home. I couldnt eat and i knew i couldnt drive another foot with the way i felt. I thought about calling the hospital. I didnt want to worry my wife so i layed down in the back seat. Hiccups have been non stop for over an hour by that point. I fell asleep. When i woke up the hiccups were gone and i felt better so i ate and made it home.

• Trubrit

I drove myself home from the hospital. Its over an hour drive so i planned to stop to have pho which i mentioned in the 4th of July post. Anyway i felt great when i was released from the hospital. I got uncontrollable hiccups as soon as i started driving. Over time it started to make me sick to ky stomach and really weak. I barely made it to the parking lot of the restaraunt which wasnonly halfway home. I couldnt eat and i knew i couldnt drive another foot with the way i felt. I thought about calling the hospital. I didnt want to worry my wife so i layed down in the back seat. Hiccups have been non stop for over an hour by that point. I fell asleep. When i woke up the hiccups were gone and i felt better so i ate and made it home.

Scary

Dear me, that is not what I want to hear.  You really were taking a chance driving home so far after your procedure. 

Well, you don't need me to tell you off, so I 'll just say how glad I am that you are home, safe and sound and with some Pho, to boot. 

I hope you enjoy your Pho and July 4th evening. 

• UncleBuddy
    UncleBuddy Member Posts: 1,019 Member
    Glad it all went well.

Sorry you had a hiccup on the way home, but hopefully you're fine now.

Lin

• janderson1964

Glad it all went well.

Sorry you had a hiccup on the way home, but hopefully you're fine now.

Lin

Still have the hiccups. Not

Still have the hiccups. Not constant.it comes and goes. I just started xeloda so i am pretty wiped out betwwen the radiation and chemo.

• LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member

Still have the hiccups. Not

Still have the hiccups. Not constant.it comes and goes. I just started xeloda so i am pretty wiped out betwwen the radiation and chemo.

Hey Jeff,
    in regard to the

Hey Jeff,

in regard to the hiccups, you might want to ask your doctor for a low-dose of Thorazine, no, i'm not kidding.  It works for a lot of people, including my Rick. Every time he got the hiccups and took a pill, his hiccups would be gone in 15 minutes. And as was often the case, it was a nurse who told us about this, not his doctor. But that wasn't unusual, the doctors were never really aware of what helped his symptoms.

Best of luck with them.

• Yolllmbs
    Yolllmbs Member Posts: 360 Member

Happy

You made it home safely but maybe you need to plan a chemo buddy next time.  Pho is fantastic but I got worried about you and already knew you were home. I had hiccups every time I'd take a sip of soda pop. My mom could always tell if I was drinking something I shouldn't. A doctor friend said to eat a tsp of peanut butter. Now I don't remember if it worked or not But i love peanut butter and hate soda and don't have hiccups!

Yolanda

• janderson1964

Hey Jeff,
    in regard to the

Hey Jeff,

in regard to the hiccups, you might want to ask your doctor for a low-dose of Thorazine, no, i'm not kidding.  It works for a lot of people, including my Rick. Every time he got the hiccups and took a pill, his hiccups would be gone in 15 minutes. And as was often the case, it was a nurse who told us about this, not his doctor. But that wasn't unusual, the doctors were never really aware of what helped his symptoms.

Best of luck with them.

My pharacist recommended the

My pharacist recommended the same thing however i will have to suffer untill monday when a doctor is available.

• Cathleen Mary
    Cathleen Mary Member Posts: 827 Member

My pharacist recommended the

My pharacist recommended the same thing however i will have to suffer untill monday when a doctor is available.

So sorry you have the

So sorry you have the hiccups. Exhausting at the least. Monday needs to come quickly. Anyone 'on call' you could try? 

CM

• janderson1964

So sorry you have the

So sorry you have the hiccups. Exhausting at the least. Monday needs to come quickly. Anyone 'on call' you could try? 

CM

I tried. Noone answered. It

I tried. Noone answered. It is really bad. I Mnin somuch piain.

• LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member

Oh my, please try them again

Oh my, please try them again or until they answer.  If you can't get them, you might want to go to the ER.  

I hope that you can find some relief tonight...   :(

• Trubrit

Oh no!

I do so hope you get some help soon. Please consider going to the ER. Any help is better than no help.

You're in my prayers. 

• Yolllmbs
    Yolllmbs Member Posts: 360 Member

Doctor on call

My chemo center has regular hours but they have always said to go to the ER or call the ER and identify yourself as a chemo infusion center patient. They will contact a on call Doctor if mine isn't available. Please try those remedies. Monday is just too far away. 

• janderson1964
    Yolllmbs said:

Doctor on call

My chemo center has regular hours but they have always said to go to the ER or call the ER and identify yourself as a chemo infusion center patient. They will contact a on call Doctor if mine isn't available. Please try those remedies. Monday is just too far away. 

Hiccups finally stopped at

Hiccups finally stopped at 2am. Now i just feel sick to my stomach. Radiation and chemo is a tuff combination on the stomach. 36 hours of hiccups didnt help either.

• tanstaafl
    tanstaafl Member Posts: 1,313 Member

Hiccups finally stopped at

Hiccups finally stopped at 2am. Now i just feel sick to my stomach. Radiation and chemo is a tuff combination on the stomach. 36 hours of hiccups didnt help either.

x?

Jeff, how much Xeloda are you talking about?

• janderson1964
    tanstaafl said:

x?

Jeff, how much Xeloda are you talking about?

4000 mg per day.

4000 mg per day.

• Trubrit
    Update please

I see that you have posted to Kathleen's thread, so am hoping that you will update us on how you are doing. 

I hope that the pain subsuded once the hiccups went away. 

I am so sorry that your 4th July weekend didn't turn out as you expected. But then, I say celebrate when you are feeling bettter, cause you don't need a special date. 

Blessings!

• janderson1964
    Trubrit said:

Update please

I see that you have posted to Kathleen's thread, so am hoping that you will update us on how you are doing. 

I hope that the pain subsuded once the hiccups went away. 

I am so sorry that your 4th July weekend didn't turn out as you expected. But then, I say celebrate when you are feeling bettter, cause you don't need a special date. 

Blessings!

I am doing much better. No

I am doing much better. No pain since the hiccups stopped. I slept most of yesturday. I am at work today but pretty fatigued. I heard Y90 will give you fatigue plus I am sure the Xeloda is adding to it. My cycle of Xeloday is supposed to finish Friday night but I might stop earlier since I am flying to Seattle on Sunday and maybe I need more than a day to recover. Tuff decision.

My wife just found out that most likely her mother has stage IV cancer. Not sure what type but it sounds like ovarian. It makes me so incredibly sad to see my wife go through with cancer with me for nearly 9 years and now her mother. Her mother is in South Korea which makes things so much more complicated. I wish I could just take on all of my wifes saddness for her so she doesn't have to suffer.