Quick update...

allmost60
allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member

Hi,

Sorry for the lack of posting, but it's been a very hectic last 3 months for me. I finished radiation on my eye and all went well. My check up last Thursday showed there is still a small amount of cancer in the eye, but we will watch it closely for new growth before anymore radiation will be done. 2 weeks ago today I had to have an emergency appendectomy, but all is well from that ordeal and I'm healed and feeling fine. Also had to go to the E.R last Monday due to a severe intestinal problem which was solved by putting me on Prilosec once a day. Found a new Primary Care doctor and have my first appointment with her on July 16th.  So..needless to say, I have been a busy camper with doctor visits which I am getting quite weary from. But...yesterday we did manage to get some fishing in and had a wonderful day. Living life one day at a time is about as good as it gets right now, and that works for me. I read the posts daily, and say prayers for all of you. My participation with you all has not been as in the past,but dealing with this new cancer, moving, and recent new health issues has been draining. I am trying to maintain a balance of having a somewhat normal life in our new surroundings, which has proven to be a challenge lately. It's all getting better though. My prayers and best wishes to all.  Much love...Sue

(Follicular NHL-stg3-grd2-typA-Dx 6/10-age 63)

Relapsed April 2014...Right eye,chest(right Paratracheal tumor 2.5 cm) and right cheek. Watch and wait for time being.

Comments

• illead
    illead Member Posts: 884 Member
    I figured

I was just now thinking of you as I was logging on.  I figured there was a good reason and knew you would be back.  I'm sure sorry for everything you have been through.  Boy, when it rains it pours, doesn't it.  Seems like you and the docs have a handle on things now, I'm sure glad for that.  Know tho that the little amt of cancer in your eye is a worry.  You are a strong one and hope the rest of your summer will be a little more relaxing.  I haven't been too good about posting myself, and please don't you feel stressed to do so.  Just do whatever it takes to relax.  We're always here.

Always thinking of you, Becky

• Rocquie
    Rocquie Member Posts: 868 Member
    Thank you for the Update

Sue, as we say in the South. . .bless your heart! My head swims just thinking of all the things you have been through in the past couple of months.

You have gone above and beyond to help others here as they come along their lymphoma journeys. I'm sure there is not a single person who would begrudge you a break to take care of yourself. So please don't let whether you participate here, or not, burden you. If you feel like reading, to keep up, but don't feel like commenting, I think that is just fine. 

I'm sorry you are in "watch and wait" mode now. I know that must be difficult for a take action person like you. But you have a beautiful attitude about it and I can't tell you how much respect I have for you. 

So, happy summer! Enjoy some lazy days relaxing around your dream home on the river. I am a message away if you need someone to chat with. You are in my heart, my thoughts, and my prayers.

Love and hugs,

Rocquie

• jimwins
    jimwins Member Posts: 2,107
    Hi Sue!

I'm so glad to hear from you!  Sorry about all the troubles you've been having.  I agree with Becky, don't feel stressed. 

Warm and positive thoughts and big hugs,

Jim

• Jeff148
    Jeff148 Member Posts: 184
    Hey Sue

Praying for you every day. Glad you were able to go fishing! Hang in there!!!!

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,803 Member
    Geeze

Gosh, Sue, you are due for some good luck.  I had been thinking that it was unlike you to go for so long without an update, but it is clear why now.

I am on a roll with varous and sundry bad news piling on lately (only some of it medical), so I can somewhat relate. It seems the Board is having a spate of relapse scares lately.   While not knowing anything about cancer in the region of the eye, it sounds managable at least. I pray that whatever "Plan B" ends up being, it gets you well again.

You deserve it more than most.

max

• forme
    forme Member Posts: 1,161 Member
    There you are

Sue,

I just posted to Jim, and then scrolled down and saw your update. I was going to type a new post asking about you. And there you were !!

I've been thinking of you and wondering how you were doing. Well good grief, getting radiation and the move is more than enough. Then you have to have your appendix out and throw in some tummy issues for fun. Sure wish there was something I could do to help, besides sending you love and all positive healing energy.

Glad that you are able to fish a little. The fish probaly not so much...

You know that you can always find me if you need an ear to listen. I am still a night owl. Do you still have the same number.

Big gentle hugs and stay out of trouble Wink

Lisha

• anliperez915
    anliperez915 Member Posts: 770
    Just wanted to let you know

Just wanted to let you know that I was thinking of you Sweet Sue! Hope you're feeling better and try not to worry, just take some time to relax and get well. Take care, sending you lots of love and positive energy!!!

Sincerely,

Liz

• Jeff148
    Jeff148 Member Posts: 184
    What kinds of fish did you catch?

Just wondering what type of fishing you do and if you had any luck the other day when you were able to go.

Jeff

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,803 Member
    Jeff148 said:

Just wondering what type of fishing you do and if you had any luck the other day when you were able to go.

Jeff

trout

Jeff,

My brother went for a week long wilderness camp near some mountain streams on the edge of the Smokies last week. Caught several dozen trout. (They did not exceed any DNR rules.)    Made me want to play Hank Williams, Jr's classic hit County Folks can Survive .

So, Sue ? How did ya do ?

max

• Rocquie
    Rocquie Member Posts: 868 Member
    Jeff148 said:

Jeff

Jeff

If you look at the 2nd page of Sue's Expressions Gallery, you can see a couple of the HUGE salmon she has caught. I think you fish for bass? I have thought before that you and Sue should swap fishing stories. . .

• allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    Rocquie said:

Jeff

If you look at the 2nd page of Sue's Expressions Gallery, you can see a couple of the HUGE salmon she has caught. I think you fish for bass? I have thought before that you and Sue should swap fishing stories. . .

Thanks...

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all of the sweet comments. I am feeling really good and have no doctor appointments until mid July when I'll meet with my new PCP for the first time. As far as fishing goes, yes, we caught our limit( 5 each) of rainbow trout the other day and had a great time. Next month is when we will be on the river daily fishing for the summer run steelhead and then in August we will be fishing for steelhead AND the big fall Chinook salmon. We get pretty serious when it comes to the bigger fish! I just love hooking the big boys and the fight to get them in the boat. Not to mention the reward of a stocked freezer for winter enjoyment! Hope everyone is feeling good and enjoying summer!

Much love...Sue