Yollmbs Post Forwarded

Annabelle41415
Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member

This post was in a different post and thought it should be brought forth as a new.  Attached is what she wrote.

I've been reading the boards but haven't posted before. I'm on cycle 2 day 2 of the Folfox regime. I have stage 3b colon cancer.  I had the resection. They removed almost 5 feet of colon because I had two cancerous areas. I'm now prescribed 12 cycles of Folfox. I'm so happy to hear the success stories. Life has it's ups and downs.  It's taken me the last two months just to get used to the idea that I have cancer. I became an internet obsessed cancer information seeking geek!  I think I read every horror story. The really bad ones I read twice or more. im so happy to find this site with all the support and positive people!

Yolanda

Please be assured that you amoung people that have been there and we will be happy to get you through your journey.  Don't read the internet because it is outdated and inaccurate.  Glad you found us and hope that you share with us what and how your progress is going.

Kim

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Thanks, Kim

I didn't think to do that. 

I've already posted, so I'll just say Hi again. We're going to be good forum friends. 

• Yolllmbs
    Yolllmbs Member Posts: 360 Member
    Thank you for the forward

I was trying to figure out the process of opening a new discussion. Thank you!!

• Hopeful0524
    Hopeful0524 Member Posts: 22
    Yolllmbs said:

Welcome Yolanda

Hi Yolanda,

This is a wonderful forum.  I too enjoy the success stories.  I try to provide words of encouragement to the not-as-of-yet successful stories.  But you will draw so much energy from everyone.  Everyone here is so encouraging and helpful.  You'll start noticing some more than others. 

Like you, I have been obssessed about finding information.  Reading some stories are sad, but also educational.  But their positive attitude is contagious. 

I have two young kids, and a wonderful husband.  I will do whatever it takes just to be here for them, with them. 

Wishing you the best,

TS

• UncleBuddy
    UncleBuddy Member Posts: 1,019 Member
    Yolllmbs said:

Welcome!

Sorry you have to be here, but you have found a place with a lot of kind people who have great information to share. Yes, sometimes we lose some of our friends and it's very sad, but there are also success stories to read. 

Ask away if you have any questions. There are a lot of people on here who are fountains of information.

Lin