where's my Mommy?

sharpy102
sharpy102 Member Posts: 368 Member
It's Mother's Day today...and I'm so sad...this isn't how it's supposed to be. Each night I put my head to my pillow I try to tell myself I'm strong because I've gone one more day without my Mom....and today I just sit and wonder...why? There are moments in our life when we look back to the past, look ahead of the future, then get back to reality and tears fill our eyes...this is one of those moments...:*(

Comments

• Lisa2012
    Lisa2012 Member Posts: 142
    It is okay to be sad...

I saw a neat quote today...."Sometimes memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks."  Sometimes there are days like that.  It is okay.  Tomorrow will be a new day.  I hope you choose to get up and enjoy it.

hang in there,

Lisa

• wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member
    Lisa2012 said:

It is okay to be sad...

I saw a neat quote today...."Sometimes memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks."  Sometimes there are days like that.  It is okay.  Tomorrow will be a new day.  I hope you choose to get up and enjoy it.

hang in there,

Lisa

Sophie

There are many of us here who are mothers & we hold you in our hearts. Sending you a big hug!

Luv,

Wolfen

• Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    sharpy

sharpy,

Sending you love.  You have been through so much dear one.  I wish I could give you a hug and share your pain with you so it might be a bit lighter.  Lots of love to you,

Aloha,

Kathleen

• Helen321
    Helen321 Member Posts: 1,459 Member
    Awww.  I can tell you as a

Awww.  I can tell you as a mom, we never want our children to be sad or suffer so I hope you go forward and enjoy each day.  That's what I want for my children and grandchildren.  Moms really are always with you.  I will make sure I am with mine too.

• Sandi1
    Sandi1 Member Posts: 277
    Hi, i know how you feel

Hi, I know how you feel.  My mom passed away 5 days before mothers day and was buried the day before mothers day - 16 years ago.  I still miss her, i still want to pick up the phone and call her, but it's not as bad now as it was then.  Shortly after my mother passed i had met my now husband. He used to take me places and i would cry the whole time in the car, until we got where we were going, we would have a lovely day get back in the car to go back home and i would cry all the way there.  It takes time, and you cannot force yourself to over it. One day you will wake up and think,  i didn't cry once yesterday.  It's ok to cry, that is the way our mind deals with the loss.  You have to work through the stages of grief and if you try to rush it, or avoid one step, it will come back to haunt you later. 
    Let yourself grieve, cry as much as you want, get mad, yell, scream, stomp your feet - whatever helps.  I also found that writing down my feelings and what i remember about mom, and what i was feeling helped me tremendously.  through writing it down, i finally figured out why i couldn't get over her loss - stupid thing - i was mad because she hadn't finished reading her book. - its a stupid reason, but that's what it was.  once i came to terms with it, i was able to let it go and move on in my life.  Oh i still think about her and i still miss her - but i'm not grieving any longer.

Take the time!

Sandi

• tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Sorry

So sorry.

*hugs*

Gail