let's make each other SMILE

2»

Comments

• Helen321
    Helen321 Member Posts: 1,459 Member

My previous husband didn't want to go out to dinner with me after I'd made arrangements for a babysitter, so when he told me no, I went to a restaurant and when ordering told the waitress that I'd been going to therapy for trying to dine in restaurants by myself because of being so fearful of being in public by myself.  She gave me the best service I'd ever had.  Told her at the end that it was just a way for me to get out and pamper myself and she laughed.  We are divorced now and my husband now will never let me go by myself.  Had a couple glasses of wine and a wonderful dinner without my ex. 

Kim

lol Jokes on him!

lol Jokes on him!

• Helen321
    I used to lover banana Laffy

I used to lover banana Laffy Taffy candy and for over 20 years I didn't realize there were jokes on the wrappers!  "Laffy" Taffy.  Come on Helen!  lol 

Anyway my favorite that I remember.  . . .  What are the strongest days of the week?  Saturday and Sunday, the others are weekdays.  . .  Buh dum dum, I'll be here all night, eat the chicken!

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Helen321 said:

I used to lover banana Laffy Taffy candy and for over 20 years I didn't realize there were jokes on the wrappers!  "Laffy" Taffy.  Come on Helen!  lol 

Anyway my favorite that I remember.  . . .  What are the strongest days of the week?  Saturday and Sunday, the others are weekdays.  . .  Buh dum dum, I'll be here all night, eat the chicken!

Yeah, I liked that one

I tried it out on my husband, he liked it too. My boys will like it, 'cause they have the same lame sense of humour as their parents. 

Yum! I liked banana tasting stuff. Banana Laffy Taffy sounds yummy.

• Trubrit
    carrieh said:

Jen

Kids are the best medicine! You have a smart kiddo! Sealed LOL;I have a funny one from my daughter.

She was about 5 or 6 at the time, she kept saying GRASSY-**** momma. I'm like, where did you hear that honey? Freaking out; wondering where my baby heard a cuss word..and what the heck is a grassy **** LOL.... She informed me it was Dora the Explorer. Gracias...OH! Thanks Dora...we worked on pronunciation for awhile after that.

Giggling

That gave me a good giggle.

Kids are the best. 

• carrieh
    carrieh Member Posts: 146 Member
    Trubrit said:

Yeah, I liked that one

I tried it out on my husband, he liked it too. My boys will like it, 'cause they have the same lame sense of humour as their parents. 

Yum! I liked banana tasting stuff. Banana Laffy Taffy sounds yummy.

Doctors Said What

Real Notes that doctors have put in their reports;Sealed

Patient has been depressed since she started seeing me in 1993

Skin; somewhat pale but present

The patient refused an autopsy

Patient has no history of suicides

Funny Aging

Your told to slow down..not by the police but your doctor

Youre smiling all the time because you can't hear anything anyone is saying

You're aware that other peoples grandchildren are not as cute as yours

Your proud of your lawn mower

• carrieh
    Helen321 said:

hahaha...it seriously took me

hahaha...it seriously took me a couple minutes to get that! Wow, this mama is tired today..but laughing LOL

• Lisa2012
    Lisa2012 Member Posts: 142
    Here's one my little nephew loves....

Why is 6 afraid of 7?

Because 7 8 (ate) 9

• Helen321
    I can't sleep so I came on to

I can't sleep so I came on to read all the jokes. Good thread.  So funny.

• Trubrit
    Lisa2012 said:

Why is 6 afraid of 7?

Because 7 8 (ate) 9

Its the simple ones

that get me giggling. 

I like this. 

• Lisa2012
    Lisa2012 Member Posts: 142
    I love puns

• carrieh
    Helen321 said:

I can't sleep so I came on to

I can't sleep so I came on to read all the jokes. Good thread.  So funny.

funny one liners

How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?

A bank is a place tht will lend you money, if you can prove you don't need it.

Whenever I fill out an application that says, "In emergency, notify..." I put DOCTOR, what is my mother going to do?

• sharpy102
    sharpy102 Member Posts: 368 Member

LOL

Too cute!!!

Little kids always laugh at goofy stuff. Can you imagine an elephant in a baggie? It is funny.

Do you remember this one:

What's black and white and read all over?

a newspaper, a cow with a rash

Kids today won't know what newspapers are. Everyone reads the news on the computer or TV. 

Lin

Maybe because I'm a kid
    Maybe because I'm a kid myself, but....I actually visualized the elephant getting squished into a ziplock bag...it was enough to make me miserably sorry but keep on laughing...
  • sharpy102
    sharpy102 Member Posts: 368 Member
    Helen321 said:

Really? That's odd...I've never noticed them either...I always collect up the strawberry ones...those are my favorite ones. But I never even understood why it is called "Laffy" taffy..ugh...whatta a shame...
  • carrieh
    Lisa2012 said:

I love puns

Ha Ha

An Arkansas Delivery           

In the backwoods of Arkansas, Mr. Stewart's wife went into labor in the middle of the night. The doctor was called in to assist in the delivery.

To keep the nervous father-to-be busy, the doctor handed him a lantern and said, "Here, you hold this high so I can see what I'm doing." Soon, a baby boy was brought into the world.

"Don't be in a rush to put the lantern down. I think there's yet another wee one to come." Sure enough, within minutes he had delivered another baby.

"Now don't be in a great hurry to be putting down that lantern, young man. It seems there's yet another!" cried the doctor.

The new father scratched his head in bewilderment and asked the doctor. "Do ya think it's the light that's attractin' them?"

No offense to Arkansas, it's my home state...just thought it was funny

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    This is a great post.

This is a great post. Laughter is important, especially for those dealing with cancer. I believe it can be therapuetic. 

• CammieS
    CammieS Member Posts: 43
    sharpy102 said:

Maybe because I'm a kid
    Maybe because I'm a kid myself, but....I actually visualized the elephant getting squished into a ziplock bag...it was enough to make me miserably sorry but keep on laughing...

I imagined...

a miniature elephant in a regular baggie...

• CammieS
    Lisa2012 said:

Why is 6 afraid of 7?

Because 7 8 (ate) 9

From a friend's son

What did 0 (zero) say to 8?

I like your belt.

• Trubrit
    CammieS said:

From a friend's son

What did 0 (zero) say to 8?

I like your belt.

Chemo brain

I had to read it twice, and then I was laughing. Good one, Cammie!

• CammieS
    Trubrit said:

Chemo brain

I had to read it twice, and then I was laughing. Good one, Cammie!

No excuse for me...

It took me a few minutes to get it when I first heard it...without chemo brain.