Surgery Thursday - UPDATE April 25th

Trubrit
Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
edited April 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1

My surgical oncologist doesn't want to resect the liver, so he is doing a Microwave Thermal Laparoscopic Ablation. He will also remove my appendix if there is not too much scar tissues and adhesions. My appendix has been enlarged for a while. 

We are just going to stay up in the big city until the surgery is over. If all goes well, I should be allowed home the same day. 

Anyone here had an ablation, advice would be appreciated. 

Comments

• marbleotis
    marbleotis Member Posts: 720 Member
    Thinking of you Thursday

I do not have any experience with this process, but I will be thinking of you.  I am sure alot of people will post with guidance.

Please let us all know how you do.  I am sorry you have to go through this.

• wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member
    Sue

I know some others will chime in here with first hand info. I can tell you that JBG has had both a resection & an ablation. The ablation was much easier all around, maybe the easiest of her many procedures. She is not yet up to par & was to be measured for a wound vac today. Not too familiar with those, although many here have had them.

Will be thinking of you & your ablation tomorrow & hoping all goes well.

Luv,

Wolfen

• carrieh
    carrieh Member Posts: 146 Member
    wolfen said:

Sue

I know some others will chime in here with first hand info. I can tell you that JBG has had both a resection & an ablation. The ablation was much easier all around, maybe the easiest of her many procedures. She is not yet up to par & was to be measured for a wound vac today. Not too familiar with those, although many here have had them.

Will be thinking of you & your ablation tomorrow & hoping all goes well.

Luv,

Wolfen

Best Wishes

I've had lots of surgeries but not this one. I wish I could help with advice, but instead I'm going to keep you in my thoughts all day Thursday, pray, and wish you a speedy recovery. I have had my appendix out. Compared to major abdominal surgery (for me) it wasn't so terrible.

Best wishes, Carrie

You're really brave

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    The surgery will go well. You

The surgery will go well. You will do fine. You are a real fighter with a great attitude which helps a lot.

• lp1964
    lp1964 Member Posts: 1,239 Member
    Dear Friend,

Just wanted to wish you luck and remind you to take 800mg Cimetidine a day before and 2 weeks after surgery. You can still pick it up at any drug store. Many articles say it may block the spread of cancer during surgery. 

Abxiously waiting for some good news,

Laz

• LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member

Hi Sue,
    Good luck with the

Hi Sue,

Good luck with the surgery tomorrow, I'm sure you'll be up and about in no time.  :)

All my best,

Cynthia

• fatbob2010
    fatbob2010 Member Posts: 467 Member
    You'll do well

Hi Trubrit,

You will do fine.  The big city is not all that bad, is it?  

You seem interested in getting home as soon as possible.  

Hopefully you will be home by Friday evening and doing fabulous.

Art

• Helen321
    Helen321 Member Posts: 1,459 Member
    Hey

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow.  I've heard what Laz has heard about avoiding the spread by taking the drug he mentioned so ask your doc about it.

• thxmiker
    thxmiker Member Posts: 1,278 Member
    You will be in our thoughts

You will be in our thoughts and prayers.  Please let everyone know how the surgery goes.   Keep up the good fight!

Best Always,  mike

• Lisa2012
    Lisa2012 Member Posts: 142
    No advice, but positive thoughts

Sorry I have no advice here.  I did have my appendix out but it was during my liver resection.  I hope all goes well for you.  I am certain it will.

lisa

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Surgery

Wishing you the best outcome for tomorrow and hope you have a speedy recovery.  Please let us know how you are doing.

Kim

• ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Best of luck mate

Hope you get the best outcome possible...Ron.

• UncleBuddy
    UncleBuddy Member Posts: 1,019 Member
    Wishing a successful procedure and

quick recovery! I will be thinking of you.

Lin

• jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member
    Good luck! 

Good luck! 

• aggie0053
    aggie0053 Member Posts: 110
    good luck tomorrow,

good luck tomorrow, everything will go ok

• herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    I know nothing

about a ablation, but wishing you a speedy surgery that removes that nasty cancerous tumor, never to see another one again!!!!!!!

will be thinking of you.

Winter Marie

• lilacbrroller
    lilacbrroller Member Posts: 412 Member

I know nothing

about a ablation, but wishing you a speedy surgery that removes that nasty cancerous tumor, never to see another one again!!!!!!!

will be thinking of you.

Winter Marie

positive thoughts

Good luck! Sending positive thoughts your way !

KarinCool

• Trapbear
    Trapbear Member Posts: 108 Member
    Good luck!  I am sure you

Good luck!  I am sure you will do fine!  My husband had two liver tumors microwave ablated in October, went home the next day.  Will be thinking of you this morning.

Bill

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    I am thinking about you right NOW!

As we are in the same time zone (I think), you must getting really close to starting.  So...universe, please give our Trubrit great results today and an easy recovery.

Lots o' love from me to you~AA

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Please pray or send good vibes

I'm laying on the hospital gurney, all gowned up, and my surgeon is fighting with some idiot in an insurance office who is trying to tell him that I need a resection. 

How dare they! How dare they try to control my health. How dare they tell the surgeon what he should be doing. I am so very angry. I don't need to be angry. I'm trying not to be angry.