Hospital or in home hospice

Today is a bad day for mom, but she doesn't know. She's very disoriented today. UTI symptoms often mimic dementia I was told by her social worker this morning. 

I called her onc because of the possible UTI and to let her know my mom hasn't completed the course of antibiotics for the mastitis in her left breast. She says we really need to decide which path  to take her nurse, also Desiree, is on her way over to assess

Comments

• illead
    illead Member Posts: 884 Member
    I'm so sorry

That is not what anyone wants to hear.  I sure hope you get good news, 

You will be in my prayers,  Becky

• anliperez915
    anliperez915 Member Posts: 770
    I'm really sorry to hear that

I'm really sorry to hear that your mom is going through a tough time right now! Just wanted to let you know that I will be praying for you both! Sending you all the positive energy that I can muster. (((Hugs)))

Sincerely,

Liz

• jimwins
    jimwins Member Posts: 2,107
    Hey Dez

Know you and your mom are in my thoughts.

Big hugs and positive energy,

Jim

• allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    Mom...

Hi Dez,

I'm so sorry your mom is having such a hard time.Frown I hope she can be at home instead of being at the hospital, but that will be something you and her nurse will discuss. My prayers and best wishes are with you and your dear mom. Come here anytime you need to talk...we will be here.

Much love to you both...Sue

• Shoopy
    Shoopy Member Posts: 210
    MsD

I am so sorry.  You will be in my prayers and thoughts!

Karl

• MsD831
    MsD831 Member Posts: 18
    Update

Thank you for the public and private messages. My mother is still in the hospital, but she is more lucid today. The nephrologist has reduced the toxic levels of potassium in her kidneys, but it's all a balancing act w her other issues. He says she has chronic kidney failure, but the prognosis may change after more flushing. Ultimately he does believe dialisis will be a part of her life. She's prepping me for her death, but still she dreams of her future. now that I'm calm I can say one day at a time. 

• illead
    illead Member Posts: 884 Member
    MsD831 said:

Update

Thank you for the public and private messages. My mother is still in the hospital, but she is more lucid today. The nephrologist has reduced the toxic levels of potassium in her kidneys, but it's all a balancing act w her other issues. He says she has chronic kidney failure, but the prognosis may change after more flushing. Ultimately he does believe dialisis will be a part of her life. She's prepping me for her death, but still she dreams of her future. now that I'm calm I can say one day at a time. 

Hi Dez

Well, your mother is a real fighter, so you never know.  A blessing from this is that even if the worst happens, you have both been given some quality time together.  You both seem very dear and very close.  That is so special and many have not shared that relationship with their mother or child.  I know you are both spritual minded, so just read the Bible to your mother, that is where you both will find your greatest comfort.  We are here whenever you need us, and please know that Bill's and my thoughts and prayers are with you both, and I am sure I can speak for the rest.  Please let your mother know that we all care.

Becky

• allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    MsD831 said:

Update

Moms update..

Hi Dez,

Thank you for the update on your dear mom. I'm glad she is more lucid, as this will make your time together of better quality. Even if mom is prepping you for her death, you can be her becon of hope by telling her only God decides when it's our time to go and right now it's just not her time. As you said, more flushing of her kidneys may turn this all around for her, so focus on the positives and stay in the day. You are such a good daughter and your mom is so fortunate and blessed to have you by her side. Take care my dear and know we are always here for you. Much love...Sue

(Follicular NHL-stg3-grd2-typA-Dx 6/10-age 63)

• MsD831
    MsD831 Member Posts: 18
    allmost60 said:

Moms update..

Hi Dez,

Thank you for the update on your dear mom. I'm glad she is more lucid, as this will make your time together of better quality. Even if mom is prepping you for her death, you can be her becon of hope by telling her only God decides when it's our time to go and right now it's just not her time. As you said, more flushing of her kidneys may turn this all around for her, so focus on the positives and stay in the day. You are such a good daughter and your mom is so fortunate and blessed to have you by her side. Take care my dear and know we are always here for you. Much love...Sue

(Follicular NHL-stg3-grd2-typA-Dx 6/10-age 63)

Thank you

All for the support. My mom's health is like a see saw, but yes she is still fighting. I'm not sure how she pulled it off from her hospital bed, but she threw me a surprise birthday party here at the hospital. Lol 

I love her! She knows how to embarrass me :)

Not sure when she will be released, but she most likely will spend some time in a rehab facility. I'm feeling optimistic. She has so much fight!

Hope everyone feels good this week. 

Love,

D