Wow what a day...

Phil64
Phil64 Member Posts: 838 Member
edited February 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1

Went to Ann Arbor for follow up with the surgeon. CEA is back down to 1. And I have a letter to go back to work part time (lifting restrictions of course). I'm looking forward to surprising my co workers tomorrow. Surgery on 2/7. Home from the hospital on 2/13. Off all meds on 2/16. Back to work part time from home on 2/24. And back into the office on 2/27. Wow that was a fast rude. Thank you Jesus.

My daughter went with me to Ann Arbor to pick up her new (used) car. I have a friend in Detroit area who picked up a great buy at an auction. She is very excited to have a 2012 Malibu LS. Just after she picks up her car my son calls. He is a senior at Wayne State University. His car was empounded. So instead of going home I detour to rescue him. Four hundred dollars and a few hours later his car is out of empound and I'm finally on my way home. 

Then when I get home I get the mail. Two tickets from the son who's car was just empounded. Late fees and ticke,t fee = $90. 

I'm exhausted. i need to go back to work to rest.

I'll see my onc on 3/29. i'm guessing more chemo??? But maybe not???  Well I guess i will cross that bridge when it gets here. 

Good night my friends. 

you are in my prayers.

phil

Comments

• devotion10
    devotion10 Member Posts: 623 Member
    Good luck at work Phil ...

what a day it was for being out zipping to Ann Arbor, it was so cold.  Your story about helping your children touched me.  Sometimes I think that when they need our help-rescue it prevents us from folding in upon ourselves.  I am always, no matter how badly I feel, strengthened when my son needs me.

I hope you will share your recovery with others when they face surgery as it is very positive.

Have fun at work.

Peace. ~ Cynthia

• Chelsea71
    Chelsea71 Member Posts: 1,169 Member
    I'm sure it will do you good

I'm sure it will do you good to get back to your normal routine.  Must be nice to have the surgery behind you.  Good luck with your return to work.

Chelsea

• jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member
    Good luck with the return to

Good luck with the return to work!  That's great!

• BusterBrown
    BusterBrown Member Posts: 221 Member
    Good news, work is good for

Good news, work is good for the soul...

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    Wow, Phil!

Nice job keeping yourself busy.  I guess a little surgery isn't enough to occupy you!  Sounds like you're doing well, and I'm glad to hear it.

• wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member

Wow, Phil!

Nice job keeping yourself busy.  I guess a little surgery isn't enough to occupy you!  Sounds like you're doing well, and I'm glad to hear it.

Phil

Sounds like you are back to work already & just don't know it!  LOL

I remember those days all too well. Where most will remember the lcation of their favorite restaurants, when my son was in his teens, I knew where the PD's for various cities around here were located. My JBG was the perfect child, my son, well if gaining strength from helping was the end result, I was Hercules. After many growing pains, he became an intelligent, responsible person. Patience, patience, patience my friend.

Luv,

Wolfen

• Lisa2012
    Lisa2012 Member Posts: 142
    Ahhh College Kids

Glad to hear your great news.   Those kids are good distractions.  Hope your back to work went well.

• thingy45
    thingy45 Member Posts: 632 Member
    Parents

Hi Phil,

Glad to read that all went so well and you are back to work so fast. Work is good and to keep up a routine is also good.

I was told that you are not a full fledged parent unless you have raised a son. Looking back on my son........ well...... many funny stories come to mind.

My daughter also was an handfull and now they are respectable parents themselves.

good luck to you,

marjan

• thxmiker
    thxmiker Member Posts: 1,278 Member
    With all of life's bumps and

With all of life's bumps and grinds, we are glad you are still able to have a sense of humor.

We are sending our thoughts and prayers for continued healing. Keep up the good fight!

Best Always,  mike