IL2 blog

thaxter
thaxter Member Posts: 124

Spent yesterday getting scanned and ported and got my first dose about six hours ago. No nasty side effects but I am told these will come with subsequent doses. Staff have all been great and my wife is here sleeping in a chair. Really didn't need any help yesterday but I am sure that will change too. this protocol is for 12 doses but doc says almost no one gets that many--average is between 5 and 10. He also says that how many doses you tolerate us not important as long as they see the level of toxicity they want. More later

Comments

• thaxter
    Skipping 9 am dose

Doc says my kidney numbers are not great so we are skipping this dose and waiting for 5 pm

• garym
    garym Member Posts: 1,647
    thaxter said:

Skipping 9 am dose

Doc says my kidney numbers are not great so we are skipping this dose and waiting for 5 pm

Hang in there...

Eye on the prize!  YOU CAN DO THIS!

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    garym said:

Hang in there...

Eye on the prize!  YOU CAN DO THIS!

Go get 'em Thax

Your protocol sounds more like mine. I don't know how some people tolerate a dozen doses of this stuff. Remember that no matter how tough you are, the body has a different agenda. Here's hoping you get plenty of this nasty stuff. I was incredibly sick from it, but now I'm incredibly well. Do us proud. Make me look like a wimp. I'm so fortunate that I had the chance to go thru this. You will be too.

• Jojo61
    Jojo61 Member Posts: 1,309 Member
    Hang in there, Thax! Thinking

Hang in there, Thax! Thinking about you!

Hugs,

Jojo

• CommuterMom
    CommuterMom Member Posts: 120
    thaxter said:

Skipping 9 am dose

Be well we are all thinking
    Be well we are all thinking of you and praying for you.
  • one putt
    one putt Member Posts: 72
    Doses

Don't be concerned about the number of doses. I took all 14 doses the first time and 11 doses the second time  but my results  didn't warrant continuig. Others, like Fox, have gotten great results with fewer doses. It's time for you to join Fox and the others getting great results.

• danbren2
    danbren2 Member Posts: 311
    one putt said:

Doses

Don't be concerned about the number of doses. I took all 14 doses the first time and 11 doses the second time  but my results  didn't warrant continuig. Others, like Fox, have gotten great results with fewer doses. It's time for you to join Fox and the others getting great results.

It will get better!

Thax,

Just concentrate on the end result, hoping and praying for the best! You can do this!!

Love and prayers for good health!

Brenda

• NewDay
    NewDay Member Posts: 272
    danbren2 said:

It will get better!

Thax,

Just concentrate on the end result, hoping and praying for the best! You can do this!!

Love and prayers for good health!

Brenda

You Can Do It

Hang in there.  One day at a a time, one dose at a time.  

Kathy

• Darron
    Darron Member Posts: 310 Member
    thaxter said:

Skipping 9 am dose

Keep the faith

You know the end will justify the means. Be confident it is working And it will work.

• todd121
    todd121 Member Posts: 1,448 Member
    thaxter said:

Skipping 9 am dose

Wishing you well Thax

You're on my mind. Hope you get great results with this. Please keep us updated. It will be over before you know it.

Todd

• thaxter
    Now I know about the rigors

So I got a second dose at 6pm yesterday and thought I was not going to have strong side effects but after almost three hours I started to shake. The warm blankets and Demerol had the desired effect and I slept after a while. Skipped the 1 am dose. BP was low and pulse high, oxygen low so they were checking on me most of the night. Managed to get the BP back above 90 so they did not put me on medicine. Waiting to see if the doc will order the 9 am dose, he just came in and we are go despite creatinine of 3.1

• Jojo61
    Jojo61 Member Posts: 1,309 Member
    thaxter said:

Now I know about the rigors

So I got a second dose at 6pm yesterday and thought I was not going to have strong side effects but after almost three hours I started to shake. The warm blankets and Demerol had the desired effect and I slept after a while. Skipped the 1 am dose. BP was low and pulse high, oxygen low so they were checking on me most of the night. Managed to get the BP back above 90 so they did not put me on medicine. Waiting to see if the doc will order the 9 am dose, he just came in and we are go despite creatinine of 3.1

This is amazing to have you

This is amazing to have you tell us step by step as things are moving along. Hang in there, Thax! It will be worth it.

Hugs,

Jojo

• DMike
    DMike Member Posts: 259
    Mid-week battles

Thaxter,

Good luck. One of my favorite quotes is "the only way through it is through it," that fits IL2 treatment to a T. Keep fighting!

David

• thaxter
    So we are still doing take one, skip one

Side effects are pretty predictable now. I get rigors about 2 hours and 45 minutes after each dose. No nausea or diarrhea yet and iv've got that pink glow all over. I am actually eating ok but the food is pretty bad. My daughter picked up some great pulled pork sandwiches tonight. One side effect I hadn't heard about is my mouth is sore and my tongue is coated and splotchy. So it looks like six doses for me and check out Saturday

• Srashedb
    Srashedb Member Posts: 482 Member
    thaxter said:

So we are still doing take one, skip one

Side effects are pretty predictable now. I get rigors about 2 hours and 45 minutes after each dose. No nausea or diarrhea yet and iv've got that pink glow all over. I am actually eating ok but the food is pretty bad. My daughter picked up some great pulled pork sandwiches tonight. One side effect I hadn't heard about is my mouth is sore and my tongue is coated and splotchy. So it looks like six doses for me and check out Saturday

****:
    how incredible that you

****:

how incredible that you are able to post but glad that you are; hang in there! My only thought is if you enjoy pulled pork and might get sick later, don't eat it now.

just hang in there...

Sarah

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    Srashedb said:

****:
    how incredible that you

****:

how incredible that you are able to post but glad that you are; hang in there! My only thought is if you enjoy pulled pork and might get sick later, don't eat it now.

just hang in there...

Sarah

Hang in there buddy

My rigors were at 3 hours. Predictable. Demoral works quick. Glad you can eat. The little food I ordered that I couldn't eat still turns my stomach thinking of it. I mentioned to my wife this week that I picked up a water bottle and it makes me sick. I guess I'm not really over it yet. 6 doses sound good. Keep up the good work.

• GSRon
    GSRon Member Posts: 1,303 Member
    foxhd said:

Hang in there buddy

My rigors were at 3 hours. Predictable. Demoral works quick. Glad you can eat. The little food I ordered that I couldn't eat still turns my stomach thinking of it. I mentioned to my wife this week that I picked up a water bottle and it makes me sick. I guess I'm not really over it yet. 6 doses sound good. Keep up the good work.

Thaxter... I have been

Thaxter... I have been reading your posts... you are another amazing person around the IL2 world ..  hope it works for you...!!

Ron

• thaxter
    GSRon said:

Thaxter... I have been

Thaxter... I have been reading your posts... you are another amazing person around the IL2 world ..  hope it works for you...!!

Ron

Last night's dose

Worst rigors yet and they had to give four shots of demerol. Other SEs have been high pulse, low BP and a fever after each dose. No nausea and I am still eating ok but the breakfasts are lousy. Yesterday lunch came just as I was about to rigor but I wolfed most of it down.

another dose at 5 today and then maybe only one more tomorrow. Creatinine peaked at 3.1 but held steady which helped the doc decide to proceed with the dose last night 

• nsb748
    nsb748 Member Posts: 89
    thaxter said:

Last night's dose

Worst rigors yet and they had to give four shots of demerol. Other SEs have been high pulse, low BP and a fever after each dose. No nausea and I am still eating ok but the breakfasts are lousy. Yesterday lunch came just as I was about to rigor but I wolfed most of it down.

another dose at 5 today and then maybe only one more tomorrow. Creatinine peaked at 3.1 but held steady which helped the doc decide to proceed with the dose last night 

Hang in there Thaxter. 
    Very

Hang in there Thaxter. 

Very cool how you are providing the play by play, as this will help someone else get through the same scenario in the future.

Is it wierd that mentally I am picturing you getting your treatments as a Rocky style training montage?

• danbren2
    danbren2 Member Posts: 311
    nsb748 said:

Hang in there Thaxter. 
    Very

Hang in there Thaxter. 

Very cool how you are providing the play by play, as this will help someone else get through the same scenario in the future.

Is it wierd that mentally I am picturing you getting your treatments as a Rocky style training montage?

Amazing!

Thax,

Thanks for the amazing posts! Stay strong and I wish you nothing but great results!

Love and prayers of good health!

Brenda