3rd times a charm?

Hi, its been awhile since i was here last, a lot has happened since i posted here last year. I had the Zevalin chemo last January 2013, which was not affective, i have relapsed again, twice now, and i am not sure what the future holds. I had the CT scan that showed a new mass, and i will have the PET scan Wednesday the 19th, i have a lot to think about, my body is tired and so am i, this will be 3rd time in 6 yrs that i was diagnosed with FNHL, i will post more when i get results form the PET scan.

Comments

• Shoopy
    Shoopy Member Posts: 210
    The Charm

Chris,

I'm sorry to hear about your relapse.  Take it from someone who has fought this beast (DLBCL in my case) for longer than expected.  I was suppose to be done after 6 cycles of R-CHOP...that would have been Oct '12.  After 2 cycles, R-CHOP stopped working.  Then I was suppose to take 3 cycles of R-DHAC then go into an auto SCT...that would have been Nov'12.  R-DHAC improved the situation but not enough.  I went through 2 cycles of R-ICE.  That got me to a good place but they had trouble collection stem cells.  By the time we collected enough, there was a slight increase in cancer activity...which isn't ideal heading into an auto SCT.  I am now 3 days from finishing my Revlimid cycles and hoping to be in for SCT within the next 2 weeks.

My point...keep fighting.  They have many tricks up their sleeve.  I'll keep you in my prayers.

Karl

• Chris17
    Chris17 Member Posts: 175
    Shoopy said:

The Charm

Chris,

I'm sorry to hear about your relapse.  Take it from someone who has fought this beast (DLBCL in my case) for longer than expected.  I was suppose to be done after 6 cycles of R-CHOP...that would have been Oct '12.  After 2 cycles, R-CHOP stopped working.  Then I was suppose to take 3 cycles of R-DHAC then go into an auto SCT...that would have been Nov'12.  R-DHAC improved the situation but not enough.  I went through 2 cycles of R-ICE.  That got me to a good place but they had trouble collection stem cells.  By the time we collected enough, there was a slight increase in cancer activity...which isn't ideal heading into an auto SCT.  I am now 3 days from finishing my Revlimid cycles and hoping to be in for SCT within the next 2 weeks.

My point...keep fighting.  They have many tricks up their sleeve.  I'll keep you in my prayers.

Karl

Charm

Hi Karl,

Thank you for replying, seems like you have been through a lot yourself, i am not sure what the next step will be with me yet, be it stem cell etc, i wish you the best of luck with the SCT, my mind right now just can't wrap around my situation, was a year ago i was hving chemo and was dealing with the side affects of it which wasn't pleasant, not sure if i can do it again so soon, a 6 month remission was a shock to me as i was told Zevalin would keep me in remission longer, but i guess it wasn't meant to be.

Will keep good thoughts for you and myself and will post results of the next scan when i get them.

Chris

• illead
    illead Member Posts: 884 Member
    Chris17 said:

Charm

Hi Karl,

Thank you for replying, seems like you have been through a lot yourself, i am not sure what the next step will be with me yet, be it stem cell etc, i wish you the best of luck with the SCT, my mind right now just can't wrap around my situation, was a year ago i was hving chemo and was dealing with the side affects of it which wasn't pleasant, not sure if i can do it again so soon, a 6 month remission was a shock to me as i was told Zevalin would keep me in remission longer, but i guess it wasn't meant to be.

Will keep good thoughts for you and myself and will post results of the next scan when i get them.

Chris

Hi Chris

Don't know if you read but Bill and I got news yesterday that he may have also relapsed after 2 yrs remission.  He has a pet on Friday and we will hear on Tues.  I know how shocking and upsetting it is, and for you to have been fighting all this time.  Hang in there and don't give up.  There is tons of research going on, try to hang on to that.  I know you just want to be in remission, feeling good and knowing that you are winning the battle.  You're a wounded soldier and the new war probably seems insurmountable.  You have to keep fighting, we are all here for you!  We are fighting together. We will be thinking about you and hoping for the best.  Go to the post "unexpected" and toward the bottom is Max's comment about fighters.  It will encourage you. Becky

• Chris17
    illead said:

Hi Chris

Don't know if you read but Bill and I got news yesterday that he may have also relapsed after 2 yrs remission.  He has a pet on Friday and we will hear on Tues.  I know how shocking and upsetting it is, and for you to have been fighting all this time.  Hang in there and don't give up.  There is tons of research going on, try to hang on to that.  I know you just want to be in remission, feeling good and knowing that you are winning the battle.  You're a wounded soldier and the new war probably seems insurmountable.  You have to keep fighting, we are all here for you!  We are fighting together. We will be thinking about you and hoping for the best.  Go to the post "unexpected" and toward the bottom is Max's comment about fighters.  It will encourage you. Becky

Thanks Becky, so sorry to

Thanks Becky, so sorry to read about Bill. It very discombobulating so to speak to be able to gather your thoughts etc and move on with what has to get done. I wrote a poem i posted yesterday that i put together last summer, it is about my feelings about my life dealing with cancer, thanks for replying to my post, i will pray all goes well for Bill. Take care 

Chris

• illead
    illead Member Posts: 884 Member
    Chris17 said:

Thanks Becky, so sorry to

Thanks Becky, so sorry to read about Bill. It very discombobulating so to speak to be able to gather your thoughts etc and move on with what has to get done. I wrote a poem i posted yesterday that i put together last summer, it is about my feelings about my life dealing with cancer, thanks for replying to my post, i will pray all goes well for Bill. Take care 

Chris

Hi Chris

Thank you so much for your kind words.  I did read your poem and have been intending to comment.  It was beautiful and I see your emotion in your words.  I'm not worried now that you will not continue your fight.  You have been through much more than us.  Bill has not even had a hiccup and still doesn't but you have had to fight non stop.  As I said before, you have us here on the forum, you don't have to worry how we will react etc to anything you want to say.  You have a gift of writing true feelings, so write away, we are listening and know that if some don't write back, they are reading and caring for you.  Hey, love the word discombobulate.  I use it all the time and young ones look at me like I'm from a different planet Laughing We're hanging in together, Becky

• Rocquie
    Rocquie Member Posts: 869 Member
    Chris

Chris,

I am very sorry to hear about your relapse. I know it must be so disconcerting. I understand when you say you are tired and your body is tired. Facing another treatment may seem daunting but you do know you can do it.  Please keep us posted as you learn more. I am praying for your health and bravery.

(((Hugs)))

Rocquie

• allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    Old timer...

Hi Chris,

I remember your post from last year when you started chemo again and had wondered how things were going for you. I am so sorry you are facing another relapse. We joined the group in 2010...me in July and you in Oct, so for me, you are one of the "old timers" of the group. Not in age, but in years we've been posting here. Please know, you are in my thoughts and prayers and I'm always here for you. Take care and let us know how things progress. I am so glad to hear from you, even though the news was not what we hope to hear. My prayers are headed your way. Much love...Sue

• Chris17
    allmost60 said:

Old timer...

Hi Chris,

I remember your post from last year when you started chemo again and had wondered how things were going for you. I am so sorry you are facing another relapse. We joined the group in 2010...me in July and you in Oct, so for me, you are one of the "old timers" of the group. Not in age, but in years we've been posting here. Please know, you are in my thoughts and prayers and I'm always here for you. Take care and let us know how things progress. I am so glad to hear from you, even though the news was not what we hope to hear. My prayers are headed your way. Much love...Sue

Hi Sue,
    Thank you for the

Hi Sue,

Thank you for the prayers, can never have too many, hope all is well with you, we got pounded with snow today and more is coming, im in Long Island Ny we got hammered good, least a foot and a half, so i am pretty much inside for the duration, will keep in touch and post more next week, have a good evening and Happy Valentines day to you all!

Chris