Update elevated WBC

Hi, I just got a call from the doctor, he said I'm at 12 again. He said because of your Dad we can send you to a hematologist. That's an option. I said to hiit could it be from stress he said no not in a chronic form. I saidon't not sick I don't have any infection going on. He said yeah you are fine so we can send you to a hematologist and see what they say. We could also continue monitoring it or just send you over and have themlook at it. Not sure if I should feel concerned or not...

Comments

• DadysGirl
    DadysGirl Member Posts: 346
    Doc had said it'll probably

Doc had said it'll probably be couple months befthey an appt.. Just looked at mychart online and they've scheduled one for jan 15th for 60 mins with hematology oncology provider...

• allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    DadysGirl said:

Doc had said it'll probably

Doc had said it'll probably be couple months befthey an appt.. Just looked at mychart online and they've scheduled one for jan 15th for 60 mins with hematology oncology provider...

Thats a good thing...

Hi,

Well, thats a good thing! Now maybe you will get things figured out. It's so hard wondering and worrying with no answers. Keep us posted. Take care.

Love...Sue

• DadysGirl
    allmost60 said:

Thats a good thing...

Hi,

Well, thats a good thing! Now maybe you will get things figured out. It's so hard wondering and worrying with no answers. Keep us posted. Take care.

Love...Sue

Hi Sue, do you think they'll

Hi Sue, do you think they'll bone marrow biopsy? When it's hematology is it mostly cancer stuff?

Just was able to view results online WBC is 12.2

Neutrophils are also high...

Abs Neutrophil
    1.8 - 7.0 K/ul

6.93 16.22 8.35 8.17 9.35 8.37 9.30  
    Neutrophil
    33 - 73 %

76 87 77 74 75 74 76  

• allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    DadysGirl said:

Hi Sue, do you think they'll

Hi Sue, do you think they'll bone marrow biopsy? When it's hematology is it mostly cancer stuff?

Just was able to view results online WBC is 12.2

Neutrophils are also high...

Abs Neutrophil
    1.8 - 7.0 K/ul

6.93 16.22 8.35 8.17 9.35 8.37 9.30  
    Neutrophil
    33 - 73 %

76 87 77 74 75 74 76  

Checked my last blood work...

Hi,

Sorry I didn't get back to you right away...had to dig out my last paper work for blood work. Here is mine:

Abs Neutrophil...4.20...reference range...2.00-8.00

Neutrophil ...58.0...reference range...40.0-80.0

WBC... 7.3...reference range...4.0-11.0

I can't see anything alarming with your blood work, but I'm not a doctor, and don't know what a non-cancer patients blood work should look like. Part of the process for my diagnosis was a BMB, so it wouldn't surprise me if they sent you to have one done. If they do, ask to be sedated...twilight drug, or totally knocked out. I was just numbed in the hip with a shot, but totally felt everything, which was VERY painful. My doctor is also an oncologist/hemotologist, which basically means he deals with blood cancers as well as other kinds of cancer.  Don't know what else to tell you sweetie other than to just try to be as calm as possible until you meet with the doctor. Have a list of questions ready and take someone with you to the appointment...two sets of ears are better than one, and have that person take notes for you, or record what your doctor says. I know your scared and full of questions and fear, but this will all work out as soon as you get more answers and testing done. We are here for you, so don't hesitate to ask for help. Keeping you in my prayers.

Love,Sue.. (Follicular NHL-stg3-grd2-typA-Dx 6/10-age 63) 

• DadysGirl
    allmost60 said:

Checked my last blood work...

Hi,

Sorry I didn't get back to you right away...had to dig out my last paper work for blood work. Here is mine:

Abs Neutrophil...4.20...reference range...2.00-8.00

Neutrophil ...58.0...reference range...40.0-80.0

WBC... 7.3...reference range...4.0-11.0

I can't see anything alarming with your blood work, but I'm not a doctor, and don't know what a non-cancer patients blood work should look like. Part of the process for my diagnosis was a BMB, so it wouldn't surprise me if they sent you to have one done. If they do, ask to be sedated...twilight drug, or totally knocked out. I was just numbed in the hip with a shot, but totally felt everything, which was VERY painful. My doctor is also an oncologist/hemotologist, which basically means he deals with blood cancers as well as other kinds of cancer.  Don't know what else to tell you sweetie other than to just try to be as calm as possible until you meet with the doctor. Have a list of questions ready and take someone with you to the appointment...two sets of ears are better than one, and have that person take notes for you, or record what your doctor says. I know your scared and full of questions and fear, but this will all work out as soon as you get more answers and testing done. We are here for you, so don't hesitate to ask for help. Keeping you in my prayers.

Love,Sue.. (Follicular NHL-stg3-grd2-typA-Dx 6/10-age 63) 

Hi Sue,I appreciate you

Hi Sue,

I appreciate you taking the time do dig through your papers. I'm assuming these values are from now after your diagnosis. I recall my Dad having a difficult time with bmb as well, pain he never would complain of much but he said when they pulled whatever they suck out it was a very awkward feeling like they pulled his inside... My Dad was such a nice person Sue... I miss him so very much. Comparing your values with mine, mine are much higher values than yours, your are still within limits... I don't see great things with elevated neutrophils, wbc... I hope I will be one of those the 2.5% of the population where above normal range is normal for them... Did they stain your blood work as initial step what made them go directly to bmb? I have no clinical signs just chronic elevated WBC.

• anliperez915
    anliperez915 Member Posts: 770
    DadysGirl said:

Hi Sue,I appreciate you

Hi Sue,

I appreciate you taking the time do dig through your papers. I'm assuming these values are from now after your diagnosis. I recall my Dad having a difficult time with bmb as well, pain he never would complain of much but he said when they pulled whatever they suck out it was a very awkward feeling like they pulled his inside... My Dad was such a nice person Sue... I miss him so very much. Comparing your values with mine, mine are much higher values than yours, your are still within limits... I don't see great things with elevated neutrophils, wbc... I hope I will be one of those the 2.5% of the population where above normal range is normal for them... Did they stain your blood work as initial step what made them go directly to bmb? I have no clinical signs just chronic elevated WBC.

Hi DadysGirl

Hi DadysGirl,

I haven't been on for a while and just saw your post. I'll be praying for you that everything comes out clean

When I was diagnosed the red flag that caught my dr's attention was my elevated wbc. She was a new dr at that time, so she was looking at everything very carefully. She also mentioned that my wbc were in the 13. something for almost a year. I also have to mention that I felt fine didn't have any other sign but when they dx me I was already at a stage 4 with tumors in liver, spleen and it was in my bone marrow. Hope you dodge a bullet and its just nothing. I feel fine now and just praying to God that I stay like this for a long time. Take care sweetie and I'll be checking back for your update. (((Hugs)))

Sincerely,

Liz

• DadysGirl

Hi DadysGirl

Hi DadysGirl,

I haven't been on for a while and just saw your post. I'll be praying for you that everything comes out clean

When I was diagnosed the red flag that caught my dr's attention was my elevated wbc. She was a new dr at that time, so she was looking at everything very carefully. She also mentioned that my wbc were in the 13. something for almost a year. I also have to mention that I felt fine didn't have any other sign but when they dx me I was already at a stage 4 with tumors in liver, spleen and it was in my bone marrow. Hope you dodge a bullet and its just nothing. I feel fine now and just praying to God that I stay like this for a long time. Take care sweetie and I'll be checking back for your update. (((Hugs)))

Sincerely,

Liz

Thank you so much Liz. I'm

Thank you so much Liz. I'm curious as to what was elevated in your case, do you recall? Mine neutrophils are elevated and I read that with bacterial infections that can happen, but I can't assume what bacterial infection I have? Do you recall what the procesyo they took with you? I'm waiting about a decision on top of it all with huge fibroids I have... :(

• anliperez915
    anliperez915 Member Posts: 770
    DadysGirl said:

Thank you so much Liz. I'm

Thank you so much Liz. I'm curious as to what was elevated in your case, do you recall? Mine neutrophils are elevated and I read that with bacterial infections that can happen, but I can't assume what bacterial infection I have? Do you recall what the procesyo they took with you? I'm waiting about a decision on top of it all with huge fibroids I have... :(

Hi DadysGirl

Hi DadysGirl,

I was looking over my blood work from when the doc sent me for more testing and here are the numbers: I'm only going to put the ones that either were high or low...

WBC  20.37 H

Absolute Lymphocyte  11.41  H

Segmented Neutrophil  37.0  L

Lymphocyte Percent  56.0  H

Monocyte Percent  2.0  L

Hope this helps, I had forgotten the real numbers I guess in my head I kept them at the 13.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. You can also PM if you want ok

Take care

Sincerely,

Liz

• DadysGirl

Hi DadysGirl

Hi DadysGirl,

I was looking over my blood work from when the doc sent me for more testing and here are the numbers: I'm only going to put the ones that either were high or low...

WBC  20.37 H

Absolute Lymphocyte  11.41  H

Segmented Neutrophil  37.0  L

Lymphocyte Percent  56.0  H

Monocyte Percent  2.0  L

Hope this helps, I had forgotten the real numbers I guess in my head I kept them at the 13.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. You can also PM if you want ok

Take care

Sincerely,

Liz

Love you love you Liz... I

Love you love you Liz... I can't believe you went through your lab work. You have no idea how much I appreciate it....I'm out... Will send pm later too...

• slessurb
    slessurb Member Posts: 5
    elevated WBC

i've had elevated WBC for more than 10 years now.  treatment for HD was 33 years ago.  I'm worried this could be a sign of future blood cancers or leukemia (stated long term risk of high dose radiation).  my oncologist isnt worried because the other blood nubmers seem ok (Tcell?).  trying to look up my records, but hospital website seems to be down.  from memory, i think my WBC has ranged from 17 to low 20's.

• jimwins
    jimwins Member Posts: 2,107
    Any news?

Just checking in with you, DaddysGirl.  How are things?

Hugs - Jim