alexinlv

UncleBuddy
UncleBuddy Member Posts: 1,019 Member

How is your son doing? and husband? How are you doing? I've been thinking about you and your family. I hope things are looking better.

Lin

Comments

• jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member
    I too have been thinking of

I too have been thinking of you guys.  I hope things are ok.

• alexinlv
    alexinlv Member Posts: 194 Member
    Thank you both for thinking

Thank you both for thinking of me.   My husband does have a liver reccurance, his 3rd. Oncologist thought more chemo but not surgery.  I've lost count now Of the times hes had chemo and the last go around in the spring was the worse. He's had two liver resections and and 5 times of chemo consisting of many rounds over the past 4 years.  My husband is positive and said he has a lot of work left to do here as a father and has not giving up.  Good news is our son is getting better.   We will see  him tomorrow though and tell him the news of his dad's scan.  Don't know how he will react.   I am so sad for my husband to do chemo again.  I hate it and hate cancer.   So sad of the passings we've had here, especially those so young like Zach.  Praying for everyone fighting this disease and all the caregivers.   much love, Alex 

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    alexinlv said:

Thank you both for thinking of me.   My husband does have a liver reccurance, his 3rd. Oncologist thought more chemo but not surgery.  I've lost count now Of the times hes had chemo and the last go around in the spring was the worse. He's had two liver resections and and 5 times of chemo consisting of many rounds over the past 4 years.  My husband is positive and said he has a lot of work left to do here as a father and has not giving up.  Good news is our son is getting better.   We will see  him tomorrow though and tell him the news of his dad's scan.  Don't know how he will react.   I am so sad for my husband to do chemo again.  I hate it and hate cancer.   So sad of the passings we've had here, especially those so young like Zach.  Praying for everyone fighting this disease and all the caregivers.   much love, Alex 

I am sorry about your

I am sorry about your husbands recurrence. Have you talked to his liver surgeon about another resection. I have had 3 resections so far. I had a suspicious spot show up on my liver again this past summer. My oncologist told me that if it turns out to be cancer I would not be able to have surgery since I already had 2. Well he was already wrong since I had 3 surgeries. I immediately emailed my surgeon and he said lets wait and see if it grows but if it does he could do a fourth liver resection on me. He said he can keep cutting tumors out of my liver as long as my liver is healthy and a tumor doesnt show up near a vital structure such as an artery. As far as a vital structure goes, I have an answer for that. It is called Nanoknife or irreversable electro portation.

• UncleBuddy
    alexinlv said:

I'm glad your husband is staying positive!

I'm also glad that your son is doing better. It must be difficult on kids. 

I hate cancer, too!!! I especially hate the fact that so many young people have passed. We have to keep hoping that someone will find a cure. 

Hang in there! I'm praying for you guys!

Lin

• alexinlv
    We read the pet report. Looks

We read the pet report. Looks like 3 new lesions in liver since surgery in July and two in lungs. One with intense fdg uptake. Also lungs show max SUV uptake of 12 for one lesion.  if the uptake is intense or at 12 SUV what does that mean.  Doesn't sound good. 

• maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    alexinlv said:

We read the pet report. Looks like 3 new lesions in liver since surgery in July and two in lungs. One with intense fdg uptake. Also lungs show max SUV uptake of 12 for one lesion.  if the uptake is intense or at 12 SUV what does that mean.  Doesn't sound good. 

alex

Alex I am so so sorry your hubby's cancer has shown up again.  All of you must be very tired and very frustrated fighting and fighting.....I send you love.  My surgeon said he would do resection no. 3 but oh it all just gets you down........have a hug......mags

• UncleBuddy
    alexinlv said:

I wish I could help, I have no idea what any of that means.

Please try not to panic. I know you must be anxious and of course we always think the worst, but try not to jump to any conclusions until you speak to the doctor. I will keep you all in my prayers and hope for a good prognosis. 

Lin

• alexinlv
    maglets said:

alex

Alex I am so so sorry your hubby's cancer has shown up again.  All of you must be very tired and very frustrated fighting and fighting.....I send you love.  My surgeon said he would do resection no. 3 but oh it all just gets you down........have a hug......mags

Thank you so much! the

Thank you so much! the oncologist's thoughts on liver resection 3 is to not put him through another surgery since the tumors keep coming back to the liver.  Plus maybe because one of the lung spots is really lighting up. 

• alexinlv

I wish I could help, I have no idea what any of that means.

Please try not to panic. I know you must be anxious and of course we always think the worst, but try not to jump to any conclusions until you speak to the doctor. I will keep you all in my prayers and hope for a good prognosis. 

Lin

I know, you're right. We can

I know, you're right. We can think it and panic and it just doesn't change anything.  It is what it is. 

• alexinlv

I am sorry about your

I am sorry about your husbands recurrence. Have you talked to his liver surgeon about another resection. I have had 3 resections so far. I had a suspicious spot show up on my liver again this past summer. My oncologist told me that if it turns out to be cancer I would not be able to have surgery since I already had 2. Well he was already wrong since I had 3 surgeries. I immediately emailed my surgeon and he said lets wait and see if it grows but if it does he could do a fourth liver resection on me. He said he can keep cutting tumors out of my liver as long as my liver is healthy and a tumor doesnt show up near a vital structure such as an artery. As far as a vital structure goes, I have an answer for that. It is called Nanoknife or irreversable electro portation.

According to his surgeon

According to his surgeon resection #2 was a 10/10 based on difficulty and location. and considering he has lung lesions, maybe that the reason for no resection again. 

• devotion10
    devotion10 Member Posts: 623 Member
    Alex, you and your family have been in my thoughts ...

Being a mother and caretaker is a challenge.  I know you and your family have had a number of years now since your husband's 2009 diagnosis and it can certainly wear one down.  

I have a needlepoint that says The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. I always enjoyed reading that.  It helps me slow down and apreciate the now; the future will take care of itself. 

Best to you and your family. 

Peace. ~ Cynthia

• alexinlv

Alex, you and your family have been in my thoughts ...

Being a mother and caretaker is a challenge.  I know you and your family have had a number of years now since your husband's 2009 diagnosis and it can certainly wear one down.  

I have a needlepoint that says The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. I always enjoyed reading that.  It helps me slow down and apreciate the now; the future will take care of itself. 

Best to you and your family. 

Peace. ~ Cynthia

Thank you, Cynthia.  I am

Thank you, Cynthia.  I am really trying to focus on telling myself I can't control the cancer. I can control my reactions. jeez I hate cancer.  My son is doing so much better.  He is home and taking a quarter off from school. Maybe it's meant to be that way- Maybe he needs to be home now with us and especially his dad. 

• UncleBuddy
    alexinlv said:

Thank you, Cynthia.  I am

Thank you, Cynthia.  I am really trying to focus on telling myself I can't control the cancer. I can control my reactions. jeez I hate cancer.  My son is doing so much better.  He is home and taking a quarter off from school. Maybe it's meant to be that way- Maybe he needs to be home now with us and especially his dad. 

Yay!

I'm glad to hear that your son is home with his family. Maybe he needs to be there at the moment. Taking a quarter off from school should be no big deal. He may have had too much anxiety being away from everyone. I hope he continues to do well and I pray your husband does better really soon.

Lin