Naming your tumor???

tonib
tonib Member Posts: 33

Ok, I saw on a few posts that some are naming their tumors.  I decided why not?  Maybe that would help me deal better.  Sooo, mine is Stewart (who is my favorite minnion on Depicable Me) I know....probably silly but I love those little guys.  I told my daughter who is 19, she thought it was funny and loved it. She went and rented the new movie and we watched it together.  My husband, however, is mortified.  He can't believe that I would actually name something like that and I think, thinks I have lost my mind.  

Comments

• Djinnie
    Djinnie Member Posts: 945 Member
    What's in a Name?

Whatever works best for you Toni!...Naming and name calling creates a different attachment. For me personally, if I give something a name I feel closer to it, that wasn't happening! I always referred to it as the 'little blighter', a fitting old English slang term meaning a worthless waste of space!! lol!!

Djinnie x

• tonib
    Sounds very appropriate!!

• Jojo61
    Jojo61 Member Posts: 1,309 Member
    tonib said:

Mine was named Arnold

Just because every time the word "tumour" came out, my husband would say in Arnold Schwarzenegger's voice "it's not a tumour!!" (a line from Kindergarten Cop"). We tried to laugh about it as much as we could. Laughter is ALWAYS good. I have to say that because this tumour was a pain in my arse, I was going to name it after my ex-husband, but I didn't want to offend my kids. lol

However, everyone deals with it in their own way. Whatever works for you! I love "Despicable Me" as well - and would love to see #2. Everytime I hear the minions during a commercial, it catches my attention. They are adorable!

Hang in there, hon. I know it is hard to learn about RCC and accept it, but once you get over that hurdle, it will be better. It sounds like you are ready to face this - and take Stewart on!!

Jojo

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    Jojo61 said:

Mine was named Arnold

Just because every time the word "tumour" came out, my husband would say in Arnold Schwarzenegger's voice "it's not a tumour!!" (a line from Kindergarten Cop"). We tried to laugh about it as much as we could. Laughter is ALWAYS good. I have to say that because this tumour was a pain in my arse, I was going to name it after my ex-husband, but I didn't want to offend my kids. lol

However, everyone deals with it in their own way. Whatever works for you! I love "Despicable Me" as well - and would love to see #2. Everytime I hear the minions during a commercial, it catches my attention. They are adorable!

Hang in there, hon. I know it is hard to learn about RCC and accept it, but once you get over that hurdle, it will be better. It sounds like you are ready to face this - and take Stewart on!!

Jojo

Kardashians

We should all name our tumors after the Kardashians. What wouldn't we do to make them go away?

• GSRon
    GSRon Member Posts: 1,303 Member
    foxhd said:

Kardashians

We should all name our tumors after the Kardashians. What wouldn't we do to make them go away?

I wish I had named my tumor.

I wish I had named my tumor. But it just doesn't work for me afterwards. My parting comment is... As long as Stewart is not your husband,s name, no worries.. Ta dum.. Ron

• Alexandra
    Alexandra Member Posts: 1,308
    Tumor names

My primary tumor (9cm ovarian adenocarcinoma) was called Gizmo. By the time we were properly introduced she already had a whole bunch of baby Gremlins hiding everywhere. This caused a lot of dumb jokes ranging from the suggestion to insert a flashlight and kill them with direct light to the almost sincere refusal to get them wet after midnight.

• Limelife50
    Limelife50 Member Posts: 476
    Alexandra said:

Tumor names

My primary tumor (9cm ovarian adenocarcinoma) was called Gizmo. By the time we were properly introduced she already had a whole bunch of baby Gremlins hiding everywhere. This caused a lot of dumb jokes ranging from the suggestion to insert a flashlight and kill them with direct light to the almost sincere refusal to get them wet after midnight.

HHHMMMMMM

I will call mine Kain since something this evil does not deserves any status above Satin him self.

• BDS
    BDS Member Posts: 172
    Sid Vicious and Johnny Rotten

The two tumors that I worry the most about I have named Sid Vicious and Johnny Rotten. - BDS

• Frank302
    Frank302 Member Posts: 71
    Tumor names

I like science fiction so I named my tumors Terminator 1 and Terminator 2 .  Then I proceeded to whip both their **** . With one hand tied behind my back . Didn't even work up a sweat . Wink

• NewDay
    NewDay Member Posts: 272
    BDS said:

Sid Vicious and Johnny Rotten

The two tumors that I worry the most about I have named Sid Vicious and Johnny Rotten. - BDS

Name

Mine's name was #*&%(#)@!!!  Don't think they allow that language here.

• Stros2013
    Stros2013 Member Posts: 31
    Walter?

Um.... So we didn't name the primary but removal of the left kidney and lymph nodes created a wonderful hydrocele that we've named Walter.  

• tonib
    Thanks all!  I am trying to

Thanks all!  I am trying to stay positive and face "Stewart" head on and no, that is not my husband's name.

• saintmont
    saintmont Member Posts: 63
    I named mine hewy, duey,

I named mine hewy, duey, louie and moose

• Limelife50
    Limelife50 Member Posts: 476
    Alexandra said:

Tumor names

Close

I  think you meant no feeding after midnight and never get them wet.

• Jojo61
    foxhd said:

Kardashians

I couldn't agree with you

I couldn't agree with you more, Foxy!

The Kardashians would, however, be the type of tumour to make a return, don't you think?

Yell

Jojo

• Jojo61
    Frank302 said:

Tumor names

I like science fiction so I named my tumors Terminator 1 and Terminator 2 .  Then I proceeded to whip both their **** . With one hand tied behind my back . Didn't even work up a sweat . Wink

Frank....I think Arnold is

Frank....I think Arnold is related to Terminator 1 and Terminator 2!

Distant cousins?

Jojo

• Frank302
    Frank302 Member Posts: 71
    Jojo61 said:

Frank....I think Arnold is

Frank....I think Arnold is related to Terminator 1 and Terminator 2!

Distant cousins?

Jojo

Jojo

I think you are right . And something about your style reminds me very much of Sarah Connor .

• DonMiller
    DonMiller Member Posts: 109
    saintmont said:

I named mine hewy, duey,

I named mine hewy, duey, louie and moose

11 CM Grade 3 and

I don't want to be political but as soon as I read this thread the name " Ted Cruz" came to mind.

• Jojo61
    Frank302 said:

Jojo

I think you are right . And something about your style reminds me very much of Sarah Connor .

Frank

I take that as a huge compliment! Thank you!

Jojo

• TillieSOK
    TillieSOK Member Posts: 252
    DonMiller said:

11 CM Grade 3 and

I don't want to be political but as soon as I read this thread the name " Ted Cruz" came to mind.

You just made me snort water

You just made me snort water out of my nose!!