Wind in my Hair

I went for a port flush last week. We live in the mountains and my clinic is at the top of a steep hill. It is always windy up there. It was especially windy that day and as I walked across the parking lot I could feel the breeze blowing my hair (which is a whopping 3 inches long now). It felt so good and I smiled as I thought about this time last year. I would hobble into the office on a walker, worrying that my wig was going to blow off down the sidewalk. 

I said to myself, "Keep on Truckin". Remember that comic from the early 1970's (?) picturing a dude strutting confidently across some scene? That comic and expression became symbolic of the optimism of the hippie era. I miss that optimism.

I hope all my buddies here are feeling well and enjoying their holiday season.

Keep on Truckin'

Rocquie

Comments

• jimwins
    jimwins Member Posts: 2,107
    Thank you

Thank you, Rocquie.  I loved your sharing :).  I remember the "Keep on Trucking" and how popular CB radios were during those days, and decorated vans and OMG, leisure suits ;)

I want to see you with the wind in your hair on a harley ;) though that may be more "girlie fighter's" style.

Happy holidays to you and everyone here!  

Big hugs - Jim

• Shoopy
    Shoopy Member Posts: 210
    Smile

That brought a smile to my face!

• Rocquie
    Rocquie Member Posts: 869 Member
    jimwins said:

Thank you

Thank you, Rocquie.  I loved your sharing :).  I remember the "Keep on Trucking" and how popular CB radios were during those days, and decorated vans and OMG, leisure suits ;)

I want to see you with the wind in your hair on a harley ;) though that may be more "girlie fighter's" style.

Big hugs - Jim

Jim

Nope. No thanks--no harleys for me. I think you are right, that would be more likely Carie's style. Laughing

And by the way. . .if that van is rockin' don't come knockin'.

Hugs to you,

Rocquie

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,812 Member
    jimwins said:

Thank you

Big hugs - Jim

Girlfighter

Jim,

I see Girlfighter more on a Suzuki Hayabusa, doing 185 down some interstate, daring people to get in her way !

suzuki hayabusa photo:  SUZUKI_Hayabusa_2007TMS.jpg

Rocquie said:

Jim

Nope. No thanks--no harleys for me. I think you are right, that would be more likely Carie's style. Laughing

And by the way. . .if that van is rockin' don't come knockin'.

Hugs to you,

Rocquie

Gimmie a head with hair !

Remember that from the musical Hair ?  Your observations were wonderful.  I had the John Lennon glasses and Sam Eliot moustache back in the day.

My brother and I shared a bedroom as kids, and we had a blacklight poster of the "Keep on Truckin" dudes.  Wow -- that takes me back !

I feel it blowin in the breeze/ And gettin caught in in the trees/ I'll have a home for the fleas in my hair ! I'll have a home for the fleas and a hive for the buzzin bees in my Hair !

For Rocquie:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFy-yzj02FE

Also: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=keep+on+truckin+poster

max

jimwins said:

Thank you

Big hugs - Jim

Jim and I

Me and Jim, back in the day....

• Rocquie
    Rocquie Member Posts: 869 Member

Gimmie a head with hair !

Remember that from the musical Hair ?  Your observations were wonderful.  I had the John Lennon glasses and Sam Eliot moustache back in the day.

My brother and I shared a bedroom as kids, and we had a blacklight poster of the "Keep on Truckin" dudes.  Wow -- that takes me back !

I feel it blowin in the breeze/ And gettin caught in in the trees/ I'll have a home for the fleas in my hair ! I'll have a home for the fleas and a hive for the buzzin bees in my Hair !

For Rocquie:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFy-yzj02FE

Also: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=keep+on+truckin+poster

max

Max I love it

Thank you so much!!

• illead
    illead Member Posts: 884 Member
    Shoopy said:

Smile

That brought a smile to my face!

Good for you

You deserve to have such a great day, thank you so much for sharing it with us.  Now we are having a great day too.  Too bad your hair wasn't longer, you could have had flowers in your hair.  One summer evening in '67 while working at the Foster's Freeze, a psycodelic VW bus pulled up and out came the "flower children".  They told me they were on their way to the Bay Area, they were with a new band and wondered if I ever heard of it.........Jimi Hendrix and the Experience.  We all got a big laugh out of them.............silly us!  Foot in Mouth Thinking of you always and good to hear from you, Becky

illead said:

Good for you

You deserve to have such a great day, thank you so much for sharing it with us.  Now we are having a great day too.  Too bad your hair wasn't longer, you could have had flowers in your hair.  One summer evening in '67 while working at the Foster's Freeze, a psycodelic VW bus pulled up and out came the "flower children".  They told me they were on their way to the Bay Area, they were with a new band and wondered if I ever heard of it.........Jimi Hendrix and the Experience.  We all got a big laugh out of them.............silly us!  Foot in Mouth Thinking of you always and good to hear from you, Becky

Amazing

Unbelievable ! I was a huge Hendrix fan throughout the 70s, until I realize I would need my hearing in later years !