two weeks and 3 phone calls later...

twinthings
twinthings Member Posts: 409

Two weeks and 3 phones calls later, and still no results on my chest x-rays.  These were my first set of tests since rad neph, 7 months ago.  In the beginning, I was anxious.  Now, I'm just pissed.  The common curtesty of returning a simple phone call in a timely manner is lost in the majority of the medical profession, in my experience.  I get that this is a busy time of year, but two weeks?  It just leads my mind to think that perhaps my much anticipated phone call isn't so simple afterall. Undecided

Oh well, maybe today.

Comments

• TillieSOK
    TillieSOK Member Posts: 252

Hang in there.  Are you

Hang in there.  Are you actually getting to speak to a live person when you call?  If you are, tell them you want to speak to someone who can assist you.  Tell them you have been waiting for two weeks and that time frame is NOT acceptable!  They are in your employ and should be working FOR you, not against you.  Tell them how emotionally distraught this has made you.

if you're talking to a recording, then all of the above is a moot point. Undecided

• Jan4you
    Jan4you Member Posts: 1,330 Member
    TillieSOK said:

Hang in there.  Are you

Hang in there.  Are you actually getting to speak to a live person when you call?  If you are, tell them you want to speak to someone who can assist you.  Tell them you have been waiting for two weeks and that time frame is NOT acceptable!  They are in your employ and should be working FOR you, not against you.  Tell them how emotionally distraught this has made you.

if you're talking to a recording, then all of the above is a moot point. Undecided

Yes I agree. Call back and

Yes I agree. Call back and ask to speak to live person. Mention this your 4 th call & it's been two weeks. I also get my own copies from medical records. Hope you get answers soon.

Warmly, Jan

• Djinnie
    Djinnie Member Posts: 945 Member
    Lack of Response!!

Hey Twinnie, 

I should think you are well passed pissed by now, I know I would be!! These times are stressful enough without being added to by lack lustre care from the medical services. Three ignored calls is beyond belief, there is no excuse, unless they have changed their number!! I would not bother calling them a fourth time I would call the Hospital Administration and ask them to fire a rocket up someone's derrière pronto!

Hope you get this sorted soon:)

Djinnie x

• twinthings
    Jan4you said:

Yes I agree. Call back and

Yes I agree. Call back and ask to speak to live person. Mention this your 4 th call & it's been two weeks. I also get my own copies from medical records. Hope you get answers soon.

Warmly, Jan

a moot point

Hi Tillie!  Live person?  I hardly think so!  I've left three messages on the nurse's voicemail.  It really is so frustrating!

Hey Jan!  I have requested the report be mailed to me.  See, I learn things from you all!!  Who knows, I might receive the report before the phone call.  That's usually how I roll!  You know it's a sign of the times when the doctor's office is slower than the postal service!  (With all due respect to all you hardworking postal workers out there, I coud not do what you do!)

Anyway, maybe today!  You ladies have a fab day!

Sindy

• twinthings
    Djinnie said:

Lack of Response!!

Hey Twinnie, 

I should think you are well passed pissed by now, I know I would be!! These times are stressful enough without being added to by lack lustre care from the medical services. Three ignored calls is beyond belief, there is no excuse, unless they have changed their number!! I would not bother calling them a fourth time I would call the Hospital Administration and ask them to fire a rocket up someone's derrière pronto!

Hope you get this sorted soon:)

Djinnie x

Blastoff

lol, Djinnie!  You say the damnedest things!  Always making me laugh and lightening my mood, thank you!!  I have launched that rocket and hopefully answers will be had today.  Someone's gonna be sore!!!

hugs,

Sindy

• twinthings

Blastoff

lol, Djinnie!  You say the damnedest things!  Always making me laugh and lightening my mood, thank you!!  I have launched that rocket and hopefully answers will be had today.  Someone's gonna be sore!!!

hugs,

Sindy

it's not official

Missile mission accomplished!  The nurse called this morning, now 2 weeks and 1 day later, to say the doctor hasn't looked at my report yet but as far as she can tell, everything looks OK.  However, she said, it's not official till the doctor says it.

Oh well, at least it's something to hang on to.  I can relax and rejoice!!

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member

it's not official

Missile mission accomplished!  The nurse called this morning, now 2 weeks and 1 day later, to say the doctor hasn't looked at my report yet but as far as she can tell, everything looks OK.  However, she said, it's not official till the doctor says it.

sooo frustrating

Do you think your doc will be surprised if told you are going to find someone who cares?

• Djinnie

it's not official

Well Aimed!

What's up with that place are they on a Work to Rule or something? It shouldn't be like trying to get blood out of a stone should it? However!! I am so glad to hear that they have deigned to give you some good news at last:)

We are lucky here you walk out of the hospital with results and records in your hand half an hour after your appointment. You meet with the doctor immediately after any tests, to discuss your results, and he provides you with a written report. Works for me! Cuts back on alot of stress.

Anyway! I am glad you can relax now, and enjoy Christmas, congratulations on a good result:)

Djinnie x

• Jan4you
    Jan4you Member Posts: 1,330 Member

it's not official

well glad you got a response.

well glad you got a response. Just remember you can get copies of you medical records/tests from medica, records. It takes a few days and report is avalable. That way I am prepared ahead of time with questions.

Sounds like everything may be okay after all.

Better days for you!

Jan

• Frank302
    Frank302 Member Posts: 71

it's not official

It's completely crazy you had

It's completely crazy you had to wait so long . There is no excuse for that sort of thing . You are a cancer patient after all . It's like those people have no concept of the worry and stress we all feel when waiting for test results .

I meet with my Dr. within two hours following CT scans or xrays and I know what the results are before I ever leave the hospitol for the drive home . A couple of days later I recieve all test results by email with an extensive description of eveything that appears on the scans or exray .

I'm just glad you got some good news . Now you can kick back , relax and enjoy life .

• Jojo61
    Jojo61 Member Posts: 1,309 Member
    Frank302 said:

It's completely crazy you had

It's completely crazy you had to wait so long . There is no excuse for that sort of thing . You are a cancer patient after all . It's like those people have no concept of the worry and stress we all feel when waiting for test results .

I meet with my Dr. within two hours following CT scans or xrays and I know what the results are before I ever leave the hospitol for the drive home . A couple of days later I recieve all test results by email with an extensive description of eveything that appears on the scans or exray .

I'm just glad you got some good news . Now you can kick back , relax and enjoy life .

It sounds like you have been

It sounds like you have been running an obstacle course with every aspect of your health care (getting sppropriate follow up care, and now getting results!) Just chasing after this stuff can be exhausting....not to mention the worry and frustaration on top of it.

Glad you got some kind of answer....but what about just setting up an appointment to see your doctor about your results....would that be feasible? At least it would get the doctor to finally look at your results.

Sheesh!

Jojo

• twinthings
    Jojo61 said:

It sounds like you have been

It sounds like you have been running an obstacle course with every aspect of your health care (getting sppropriate follow up care, and now getting results!) Just chasing after this stuff can be exhausting....not to mention the worry and frustaration on top of it.

Glad you got some kind of answer....but what about just setting up an appointment to see your doctor about your results....would that be feasible? At least it would get the doctor to finally look at your results.

Sheesh!

Jojo

thanks all

Fox, I highly doubt my doctor could give a rats **** about me.  Pretty sure he's made that clear!!

Jojo, since I work in Ohio, I usually fly into OKC (where I live) just long enough for tests.  So no, it wouldn't be feasible.  It'd sure be nice tho!  I am super excited to finally be seeing an onclolgist.  After much fuss, I got a referral and made an appt for Dec 26th.  I'm going home to spend Christmas with hubby and kids so, the timing was perfect!!  It just feels wrong to be excited to see an oncologist but...I. Can't. Wait.

• Djinnie

thanks all

Fox, I highly doubt my doctor could give a rats **** about me.  Pretty sure he's made that clear!!

Jojo, since I work in Ohio, I usually fly into OKC (where I live) just long enough for tests.  So no, it wouldn't be feasible.  It'd sure be nice tho!  I am super excited to finally be seeing an onclolgist.  After much fuss, I got a referral and made an appt for Dec 26th.  I'm going home to spend Christmas with hubby and kids so, the timing was perfect!!  It just feels wrong to be excited to see an oncologist but...I. Can't. Wait.

Good Going!

Great stuff Twinnie! What a result! You have a great Christmas now:)

Djinnie x

• Jojo61
    Jojo61 Member Posts: 1,309 Member

thanks all

glad you are seeing the

glad you are seeing the oncologist soon! The appointment will be here before you know it!

Keep us posted.

Cheers!

Jojo

• TillieSOK
    TillieSOK Member Posts: 252

thanks all

I am sooooo glad that you are

I am sooooo glad that you are finally going to see an oncologist!  Maybe this one will take some interest in your case and actually listen to you and not try to feed you BS.  Let us know what happens!  Gotta take care of the Okies!  Which oncologist are you seeing and which hospital is he affiliated with?  I worked at Presby for years!

• twinthings
    TillieSOK said:

I am sooooo glad that you are

I am sooooo glad that you are finally going to see an oncologist!  Maybe this one will take some interest in your case and actually listen to you and not try to feed you BS.  Let us know what happens!  Gotta take care of the Okies!  Which oncologist are you seeing and which hospital is he affiliated with?  I worked at Presby for years!

you guys are great!

Djinnie, thanks for the well wishes and I hope your Christmas is Merry too!

Jojo, it feels like the 26th is forever away!  Funny, it feels like the 25th is coming faster than I can possibly prepare for, yet the 26th is slowly taking it's time...

Jan, thanks for the reminder!  I certainly will get copies of my records. 

Frank, if there's an ideal scenario when it comes to cancer care, I think you just might have it!  It's good to hear that quality care does exist...if only I could find it too!

Tillie, I will be seeing Dr Kliewer with Optim Oncology.  Not sure what hospital he's affiliated with.  I did google him tho!  He is YOUNG!  I'm really not sure what to expect with this appointment.  I imagine he'll tell me to continue my care with my urologist, and that I don't need to be under the care of an oncologist.  I hope I'm wrong and he is interested in following my care.  Most of all, I hope he is genuinely understanding of my fears and concerns as they relate to my strong family history of cancer related deaths. 

I will post all about my experience, after I see the doc!

Happy Holidays to all!

Sindy

• danbren2
    danbren2 Member Posts: 311

you guys are great!

Djinnie, thanks for the well wishes and I hope your Christmas is Merry too!

Jojo, it feels like the 26th is forever away!  Funny, it feels like the 25th is coming faster than I can possibly prepare for, yet the 26th is slowly taking it's time...

Jan, thanks for the reminder!  I certainly will get copies of my records. 

Frank, if there's an ideal scenario when it comes to cancer care, I think you just might have it!  It's good to hear that quality care does exist...if only I could find it too!

Tillie, I will be seeing Dr Kliewer with Optim Oncology.  Not sure what hospital he's affiliated with.  I did google him tho!  He is YOUNG!  I'm really not sure what to expect with this appointment.  I imagine he'll tell me to continue my care with my urologist, and that I don't need to be under the care of an oncologist.  I hope I'm wrong and he is interested in following my care.  Most of all, I hope he is genuinely understanding of my fears and concerns as they relate to my strong family history of cancer related deaths. 

I will post all about my experience, after I see the doc!

Happy Holidays to all!

Sindy

Happiness all around I hope for you!

Twins,

I hope your holiday will be filled with love and laughter, and your Drs. appt. on the Dec 26 filled with nothing but sincereity, good news, and no surprises!

Love and prayers for good health!

Brenda

• twinthings
    danbren2 said:

Happiness all around I hope for you!

Twins,

I hope your holiday will be filled with love and laughter, and your Drs. appt. on the Dec 26 filled with nothing but sincereity, good news, and no surprises!

Love and prayers for good health!

Brenda

Thank you, Brenda! 

I am home for the holidays so happiness is in the air.  On average (due to my job) I spend one week every 2-3 months at home with the mister, so to be here for 10 days is pure delight.  I can't help but have a wonderful holiday when, for the first time in months, both of our children are here and grandbaby too...my heart is running over with joy!!

I certainly don't want to rush this precious time with my beautiful family, but, on the other hand, I can't wait till the 26th is upon me and I am sitting in that doctors office, gaining peace of mind.

I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

xoxo,

Sindy