Update on sister

Lovekitties
Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member

Some of you newer folks may not know but I first came to this board because of my cancer diagnosis nearly 4 years ago.  I found friends and wonderfully caring folks and have remained to try to help others as I can.

It was only natural to share with you when my sister was diagnosed with stage 4 endometrial cancer a little over a year ago and I became her medical caregiver.  While the cancer is different, I still found this site to be my mainstay of information and support...particularly from our wonderful caregivers here.

A week ago Wednesday we had my sister out at Walmart to get Christmas presents for her 3 granddaughters who are very young.  We even had lunch out at Subway.  From then to now has been a fast downhill spiral.  Tuesday I called in Hospice as my folks and I needed all the help we could get.  They have been truely angels here on earth.  They had medical equipment to the house and were meeting with us within a couple of hours...someone from the team has been out each day to see what is needed or can be done.

With lots of medications, my sister is in no pain and showing no anxiety over her situation.  She is sleeping alot.

We are looking at a few day or at most a week left.

I am so very grateful to each of you who have offered support, love and prayers as I and my family have traveled this difficult road.

Love,

Marie who loves kitties

Comments

• UncleBuddy
    UncleBuddy Member Posts: 1,019 Member
    I am so sorry.

I wish there was something to say to comfort you. I will keep your sister and your family in my thoughts and prayers. 

Lin

• geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Marie:

I'm so sorry and am sending you lots of love and strength as you face these most difficult upcoming days.

Hugs - Tina

• jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member
    I'm so sorry Marie :(  Damn

I'm so sorry Marie :(  Damn cancer destroys too many lives.

I'm glad she is comfortable though.  Prayers and thoughts for you and your family.

• The Passing of a Loved One

My prayers are with you and yours.  My solace comes from the ability of my family and myself to become prepared for the termination of a disease process. I feel it would be so much worse for loved ones to experience a sudden tragic end to a special person in their life. When that day comes for me being surrounded by family and hearing those words of love and memories made together will make my passing through that final door an easy release.

I pray for her comfort and the feeling of hands on her hands.   Dan

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    Oh Marie...

I'm just so sad for you.  I lost my sister to this horrible disease nine years ago, and I miss her every day.  We too had her at home with hospice and I was glad that we had that opportunity.  We got to be with her right to the very end.  It was a quiet and peaceful death, but so terribly sad.  I really wish you and your family didn't have to go through this.

Much love to you all~AA

• traci43
    traci43 Member Posts: 773 Member
    so sorry you are going through this

Marie - It's sad to hear about your sister slipping away.  I'm glad to hear she is comfortable and being cared for by family.  I wish you strength to get through these difficult days and pray that your sister finds peace.  Traci

• Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Saddened to read....

I'm gratefiul that hopsice stepped in so quickly and helped make a hard situation much better for you and your family....

Wishing you strength to take care of what you need to take care of during the difficult days that lay ahead.

It' been great to have you here:)

Hugs/Craig

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Memories

Please know that my prayers and thoughts are with your sister, her family and yourself. 

May she continue to be comfortable. 

Blessings!

• LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member

Oh Marie dear, please take

Oh Marie dear, please take comfort in that she's not in pain and that she's aware that she's surrounded by her loving family.  After all, that's really all we can really ask for when our time comes, the love of those we've loved.

Love,

Cynthia

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Sorry

I'm so sorry for your sister.  I've always held this group in prayer so I'm always praying for you and her. 

Kim

• Cathleen Mary
    Cathleen Mary Member Posts: 827 Member

Sorry

I'm so sorry for your sister.  I've always held this group in prayer so I'm always praying for you and her. 

Kim

Marie,  please know that

Marie,  please know that your sister and all who love her are in my heart and prayer. You are such a blessing to us, I can't even imagine how much of a blessing you are to your family.  

Peace, strength, and courage.

CM

• wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member

Marie,  please know that

Marie,  please know that your sister and all who love her are in my heart and prayer. You are such a blessing to us, I can't even imagine how much of a blessing you are to your family.  

Peace, strength, and courage.

CM

Marie

So very sorry to hear this news. I am glad that Hospice is helping your family in this most difficult time & that your dear sister is not in pain. Holding you in my heart.

Wolfen

• johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member
    wolfen said:

Marie

So very sorry to hear this news. I am glad that Hospice is helping your family in this most difficult time & that your dear sister is not in pain. Holding you in my heart.

Wolfen

marie

i am saddend by this news just remember all the great times you all have shared and just know she will be in a better place and in no pain....Godbless.....johnnybegood

• jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member
    Marie - I just read your post

Marie - I just read your post in the rememberance post that your sister passed away.   I'm very sorry.   I hope it brings peace to you and your parents that she is no longer in pain.

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    I ma truly sorry to hear this

I ma truly sorry to hear this news but glad you had one last good day out shopping with your sister and that hospice has been so much help.

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Expected by still heartbreaking

I am sorry to hear that your sister has passed. But as janderson said, enjoy the memories of that last shopping trip. 

I know we cn look at things like that in two ways, positive or negative. I pray that everytime you pop into Walmart or Subway, you'll think of how happy you all were shopping for those grandbabies. 

My thoughts and prayers are with you. 

• TheLadySkye
    TheLadySkye Member Posts: 203 Member
    Deepest Sympathy

I am so sorry to hear about your sister.  You and your family are very much in my thoughts and prayers.

*hugs you to itty bitty pieces*

• Luv2lunch
    Luv2lunch Member Posts: 270
    Miss Marie

Miss Marie,

Mom and I are still praying for you and your family. You were there from the beginning to help us. We are with you in spirit now.

Please take care,

Love,

Linda and Mom

• LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member

Hi Marie,
    I just read your

Hi Marie,

I just read your update on the other post and I'm so very sorry to hear about the loss of your sister.  Another soul has now earned her wings and is soaring with the angels toward heaven.

My sincere condolences on your loss.

Love,

Cynthia

• mom_2_3
    mom_2_3 Member Posts: 953 Member
    I am sorry

Marie,

I am so sorry.  I send all my good thoughts and prayers for your sister and your family.  I am glad that hospice is allowing your family to concentrate your family's efforts in being with her and that she is in no pain.

Hugs,

Amy