wow what a wild and scary ride on the cancer coaster

2»

Comments

• traci43
    traci43 Member Posts: 773 Member
    Yay, you're back!

Hope you continue to improve.  that irinotecan is a ****.  The first time I took it, I had awful diarhea for almost 2 weeks after the 4th infusion.  Never went to the ER but I should have.  I'd get dizzy and walk into walls.  I'm on it again, only half strength, and the heartburn is incredible.  Just 2 infusions and it's unrelenting.  Even the 800 cimetidine doesn't help.

Anyway, I'm glad you're recovering and it's nothing more than a bad reaction.  Traci

• Chelsea71
    Chelsea71 Member Posts: 1,169 Member
    So good to read your post.

So good to read your post.  You gave us all quite a scare.  I'll bet ymug feel much better now that your home.  I'm sure you will get stronger with each passing day.

Chelsea

• geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    HI!

A BIG WELCOME HOME DEAR ONE.....

Hugs Tina

• thxmiker
    thxmiker Member Posts: 1,278 Member
    We are glad that you are

We are glad that you are home!   One can heal faster in their own home, because they can relax.  I never really relax in the hospital.

We are still sending our thoughts and prayers for fast healing.

Best Always,  mike

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Home

That has to be such a great word and I'm hoping that you will feel better being there.  You are always in my thoughts and prayers. Glad you are feeling better.  Hope that it continues and thank you for the update even though you have been so ill.  You are such a daughter of your mother and can see the strength you get from her by both your posts.

Hugs!  Kim

• Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    jbg

jbg,

So glad you are home!  You were held in the light by so many of us.  Your mom has been great keeping us updated.  I hope and pray you feel better and better each day!

Aloha,

Kathleen

• tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Yay!

I'm so glad to know you are home!

*hugs*

Gail

• Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    tootsie1 said:

Yay!

I'm so glad to know you are home!

*hugs*

Gail

Still thinking about you!

Still thinking about you!  Hope all is cleared up soon!  

• TheLadySkye
    TheLadySkye Member Posts: 203 Member
    Thoughts and Prayers

Hi JBG.  We haven't officially met, but I've been reading lots about you and am glad you're back home and the doc thinks he has a handle on what's going on with you.  You are in my thoughts and prayers, and I wish you a very speedy recovery.

• smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member

Thoughts and Prayers

Hi JBG.  We haven't officially met, but I've been reading lots about you and am glad you're back home and the doc thinks he has a handle on what's going on with you.  You are in my thoughts and prayers, and I wish you a very speedy recovery.

I'm chiming in late here,

I'm chiming in late here, have not been on this site for a while and have missed so much.     You've been through a real scare, hope you are feeling better.   Have they stopped the irinotecan for now??     

• thingy45
    thingy45 Member Posts: 632 Member
    smokeyjoe said:

I'm chiming in late here,

I'm chiming in late here, have not been on this site for a while and have missed so much.     You've been through a real scare, hope you are feeling better.   Have they stopped the irinotecan for now??     

JBG

So glad you are home,  what a scare seeing all that blood.

hugs and prayers is all I can offer

• herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    JBG

I hope this post finds your strength increasing by bounds and leaps.  I think about you and your mom daily.

here's to better health to you dear girl!

Winter Marie

• maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member

JBG

I hope this post finds your strength increasing by bounds and leaps.  I think about you and your mom daily.

here's to better health to you dear girl!

Winter Marie

jbg

jbg....I am so happy you came through that one.....gosh girl what a drag!!! hope you are home and feelin better.....sorry to be so late....mags