Anal Cancer and Radiation

Hello my name is Cynthia and I am new here..hello everyone! I was diagnosed with Stage II Anal Cancer in Feb,2013.I went through Rad/Chemo and about a month after the treatments were over I began to hurt in my hips really bad and as time progressed so does the pain that has ventured into my inner thighs..I called my family doctor made an appointment she gave me Mobic-no good.. I talked to my radiologist about it on my check up they said they never heard of it.. talked to my oncologist about it they never heard of anything and no one seemed interested..so I thought ok this will go away but it hasnt and it is effecting everything from the way I walk where I walk how far I walk ,my sleep,sitting standing everything..I callled Oncologist after looking on this sight and researching this myself and found that others are effected like this as well..So I called radiologist yet again yesterday and they called me back today and they are ordering an MRI and CT Scan..has anyone else experienced this pain and if you had an MRI and CT Scan what did yours show? I dont think it is cancer at all I think it is the radiation damage but what kind of damage?

Comments

• geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Hi:

Just wanted to say hi and welcome to CNS.  My hubby had colorectal cancer, did not get radiation but lots of people on the Colorectal Board did get radiation to this sensitive area and may be able to help or go over to the Anal Cancer Board.  You might find the answers you are looking for there.  Knowing this may be a common side effect takes away lots of the worry and stress.  No one is a doctor but they are very eager to share their experiences with you.

Take care  - Tina

• luckieslady
    luckieslady Member Posts: 34
    geotina said:

Hi:

Just wanted to say hi and welcome to CNS.  My hubby had colorectal cancer, did not get radiation but lots of people on the Colorectal Board did get radiation to this sensitive area and may be able to help or go over to the Anal Cancer Board.  You might find the answers you are looking for there.  Knowing this may be a common side effect takes away lots of the worry and stress.  No one is a doctor but they are very eager to share their experiences with you.

Take care  - Tina

Tina

Thank you for responding..yes I found the Anal Cancer Board and recieved a lot of feedback thank you again for responding to me..I hope that all is well you and your husbands way,,,