"It's Official Now" - We're Published and on the World Wide Web Today

Sundanceh
Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
edited September 2013 in Colorectal Cancer #1

"You Like Him - You Love Him - You Want Some More of Him!"

Cool

The big day has finally arrived!!!

That's right! Today, we are officially published in a major magazine publication.  It's been a long time coming and I never thought I'd ever see any of my work in print.  So, this is truly a day that I feel blessed and fortunate to have and to also share with all of you as well. 

I had a friend of mine laugh in my face when I told him of Big Billy Bad A$$....told me it was stupid and dismissed it.  Said he'd never be real.  Welll he's real today for an estimated readership of approximately 460,000 people. 

Can you imagine that?  Nearly a half-mil....the numbers stagger me still.  While it's hard to know who will read it, I know our hopes are that it will touch someone and let them know that the Witching Hour and those type of thoughts are as real for them as they were for me on the night I burned Big Billy into my brain from the ashes of Folfiri at a hard time in my life then that I thought I wasn't going to make.

As I've said, they have edited some of the content....removed a few of my colorful brushstroke expressions to make it fit into their format...but they stay true to the story line and use much of my work.  I had to make some concessions, because it was important to get published so I could put this in my portfolio that might help me get something released for the future.  And being published in Coping magazine is a big deal - because they are a big time publication that do all the celebrity cancers as as well....this is who they trust.

So, we're in big company.

Now, without further adieu....I give you my heart and one of my stories....enjoy!

Right now, they've got me under the Survivor of the Week story.....

Next week, I will be moved to the Lead Article on the Inspirational / Survivor landing page, according to the Webmaster.

Here's the link for now:

http://copingmag.com/cwc/index.php

This is for anyone and everyone who has stood beside me and supported my writings and hoped that one day that something would be printed.  It's not the book yet.....but you have to admit, it's one of my good stories....it's got legs...I can take Big Billy places if they give us a chance.

Thank you for all of your concern and support....but tell you what, I think I'm going to live for awhile...I'm slowly finding my fighting legs and have decided to give this fight a go, instead of laying down my sword and surrendering.

I was temporarily out of my mind thinking I'm ready to go....I've changed my mind for the moment and have decided to try and see what's around the next bend.  I've got some ideas and theories about what happened and hopefully I'll feel good enough to talk about some of that very soon.  I've been too sick to even read much, which is a first for me. 

I would like to talk about the dosage reduction and such...this may be helpful to those on the same road or perhaps facing it down the road. 

But, for now....let's just enjoy this article.....it's been 52-years in the making:)

Proud to bring this article to you in cooperation with The Sundance Channel.....stay tuned...."Story Matters Here."

Love/Craig aka Big Billy

P.S.  Thanks again, Jen!!!  Love you!!  What a difference you have made in my life...just wanted you to know that again:)

Comments

• johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member
    oh Craig and BB

i couldnt wait to get to the end of your post so i could click on the link you provided and when i clicked it and scrolled down there you were such a great smile on that picture i was in tears.i said"Look there he is" and then i read the story and i am so proud that i can call YOU my friend and say hey i know the man who wrote that isnt he wonderful this is a proud moment i wll never forget.hope you are feeling good and thanks for sharing...Godbless...johnnybegood

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Congratulation!

Published! 

Wow, it is so great to see your story in print.

May it be just the start of your publishing success.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties

• marbleotis
    marbleotis Member Posts: 720 Member
    Just fabulous

You rock!!!!!!

• herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Craig

Hey Craig,

This is so very cool!!  So proud of you there guy, you did it, you're in print telling your story and no doubt making a difference to others.  

So very proud of you brother!

Winter Marie

• LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    Hey - I now know a

Hey - I now know a celebrity!!  :)   This has been the moment we've been waiting for for a long time!  Congrats my friend, I'm really so very proud and happy for you.

Luv,

Cynthia

• smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member

Craig

Hey Craig,

This is so very cool!!  So proud of you there guy, you did it, you're in print telling your story and no doubt making a difference to others.  

So very proud of you brother!

Winter Marie

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!   

Kiss  CONGRATULATIONS!!!!   

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    Awesome Craig. You truly

Awesome Craig. You truly deserve this moment and so much more. I feel truly blessed to know you. You are an inspiration to me.

• jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member
    WOW!
    I didn't realize you would be spotlighted like that too! Very cool Craig. I wonder if you realize how many people will read this while waiting for their oncologist for the first time...scared to death...and will be encouraged to fight like you have? So happy for you...and for everyone who reads this and has some hope where there may have been none.

Note to self..get details for Craig on self publishing a kindle book :)
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Congratulations

I'm so excited for you and knew that one day it would become reality.  I'm not going to read the link as I've ordered a hard copy so it is always on hand.  I've still got the DaVinci article too and go back to that from time to time.  So very happy for you and glad that you are feeling better today.  Missed adding to the group hug post but you got my hugs and prayers always.  Woohooo on a great accomplishment.

Kim

• Happyhar
    Happyhar Member Posts: 49
    Yeah-You Go Big Guy

Congrats, Well done and Thanks from us all!!

• thxmiker
    thxmiker Member Posts: 1,278 Member
    Congratulations!   Woo Hoo We

Congratulations!   Woo Hoo We are doing the Happy Dance here!

Best Always,  mike

• steveandnat
    steveandnat Member Posts: 886
    So proud

I always read Coping when I'm at the oncs office. Sonow I I can tell my buddies I know the author. Very good article . Thanks. Jeff

• LindaK.
    LindaK. Member Posts: 506 Member
    My Hero

Big Billy is my hero!!  So good to hear your positive update

XO, Linda

• Goldie1
    Goldie1 Member Posts: 264 Member
    Never doubted for a moment...

that this would come to be!  Keep on truckin' Big Dude aka Billy!!

Congrats and hugs!

Ellen

• BusterBrown
    BusterBrown Member Posts: 221 Member
    Craig,
    Congratulations. I

Craig,

Congratulations. I will get around to reading it soon. Hope all is well, take care...

Buster

• tommycat
    tommycat Member Posts: 790 Member
    Fantastic news!!!

This is great Craig!!!! I'll look for the magazine next time I'm at the onc.

life keeps rolling doesn't it?

good job!!!

tommycat

• herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member

Congratulations

I'm so excited for you and knew that one day it would become reality.  I'm not going to read the link as I've ordered a hard copy so it is always on hand.  I've still got the DaVinci article too and go back to that from time to time.  So very happy for you and glad that you are feeling better today.  Missed adding to the group hug post but you got my hugs and prayers always.  Woohooo on a great accomplishment.

Kim

Kim

I do the same thing, occasionally pick up my DaVinci article and look at it.  Next, my Coping magazine.  So cool for Craig And us.

Winter Marie

• PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Way to Go!

Congrats my friend!
    Cheers...

• Chelsea71
    Chelsea71 Member Posts: 1,169 Member
    Congratulations.  Seeing it

Congratulations.  Seeing it in print gave me chills.  Now, through you're writing you will be able to help others just as you've helped so many here at CSN.  I am very proud to know you.

Chelsea

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    So excited to see this!

What a great testament to your courage, fortitude, and of course...excellent writing skills!  I still firmly believe there is a book in here somewhere.  Just need to get you through this latest setback, and back on your feet.  

Big hugs from your librarian pal~AA