Off Topic...Beau's new heart....

KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member

11 weeks ago, my beau was just out of transplant surgery.

He is doing EXTREMELY well, and I catch myself glancing at him and realizing that without this surgery, I would be left only with a memory.

HUGE thank you for the organ donor's family, for making the supreme sacrifice at their darkest moment of losing their young man!!!!!!

Hugs, Kathi

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Wonderful!

I remember after getting someones red blood cells and feeling better, being so grateful for whoever it was that donated blood. I can just imagine how grateful you and your beau must feel about a new heart.  

May you both continue to be blessed. 

• LindaK.
    LindaK. Member Posts: 506 Member
    Great News!

Thank you for sharing your good news.  I'm sure he couldn't have done it without your love and care

Linda

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    What Great News

I've been wondering how he was doing and feeling and if you would be willing to go on your scheduled vacations this fall.  So glad to hear that he is not just a memory but  there with you and healing well.

Hugs! Kim

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Dear Kathi

So very glad to hear that your beau is doing so well.

Organ donation is a very special gift...and offers more than can be measured.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties

• ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Hugs Kathi
    To you and your partner. I am glad his new heart is performing well.... (((((((((BIG HUGS))))))) Ron.
  • KathiM
    Trubrit said:

Wonderful!

I remember after getting someones red blood cells and feeling better, being so grateful for whoever it was that donated blood. I can just imagine how grateful you and your beau must feel about a new heart.  

May you both continue to be blessed. 

Thank you, dearest!

I place my ear to his chest, hear the beating of his heart....and am amazed again at what has happened...that this is a new heartbeat!!!

Hugs, Kathi

• KathiM
    LindaK. said:

Great News!

Thank you for sharing your good news.  I'm sure he couldn't have done it without your love and care

Linda

Thank you, dear Linda!

WHEW!  But there were moments of sheer terror, believe me!!!

Hugs, Kathi

• KathiM

What Great News

I've been wondering how he was doing and feeling and if you would be willing to go on your scheduled vacations this fall.  So glad to hear that he is not just a memory but  there with you and healing well.

Hugs! Kim

Thank you, dear Kim!

Our wings are clipped until July 2014.  The head of his heart team said he could fly now, as long as there was no one else on the plane (suppressed immune system). *grin*

So we will wait until then to resume our 2-country living lifestyle....

BUT, that does not mean that I will not go....*smile* under the guize of taking care of the house, of course!!!!

Hugs, Kathi

• KathiM

Dear Kathi

So very glad to hear that your beau is doing so well.

Organ donation is a very special gift...and offers more than can be measured.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties

I agree with you, dear Marie....

When I count our blessings, this family is at the top of the list!!!!

Hugs, Kathi

• KathiM
    ron50 said:

Hugs Kathi
    To you and your partner. I am glad his new heart is performing well.... (((((((((BIG HUGS))))))) Ron.

Big hugs back, dearest Ron!!!!

We are truly blessed.....

and I am truly blessed to call you 'friend'....for such a wonderfully long time!!!

Hugs, Kathi

• wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member
    KathiM said:

Big hugs back, dearest Ron!!!!

We are truly blessed.....

and I am truly blessed to call you 'friend'....for such a wonderfully long time!!!

Hugs, Kathi

My Friend

So great to hear that all is going well for you guys. Did you finally get him to slow down? He's a very determined fellow.

Luv,

Wolfen

• Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    wolfen said:

My Friend

So great to hear that all is going well for you guys. Did you finally get him to slow down? He's a very determined fellow.

Luv,

Wolfen

Great news!!   

Great news!!   

• Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Kathi

Kathi,

So happy to celebrate with you!   This is just beautiful news!

Aloha,

Kathleen

• herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Kathi

What an ultimate gift of life that was given.  I'm so glad he's doing that new heart proud and doing so well.  And that you get to stand beside him...still because of the wonder of it all.   I am so happy for you both.

Winter Marir

• pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member

Kathi

What an ultimate gift of life that was given.  I'm so glad he's doing that new heart proud and doing so well.  And that you get to stand beside him...still because of the wonder of it all.   I am so happy for you both.

Winter Marir

Hi dear dutch friend! This are great knows does it means we can
    Meet again in one of your boardings from Barcelona ? Hope so! Give to Hans my best wishes and congratulations , love both!
    BTW where are you both now?
  • KathiM
    pepebcn said:

Hi dear dutch friend! This are great knows does it means we can
    Meet again in one of your boardings from Barcelona ? Hope so! Give to Hans my best wishes and congratulations , love both!
    BTW where are you both now?

YES!!!! We will meet again, dear friend, I PROMISE!!!!

We are in our 'American' home....Hans' wings are clipped until July 2014....for control to make sure his remarkable recovery continues....

BUT....mine are not!!!  I may be going to our Dutch home in November/December just to check on things.  AND I am looking at taking advantage of the Spanish offer of 'buy something/receive a Shengen visa'......if I do this, where is the best investment value....up by you on the coast, or lower in the 'sun' region?  We would look to rent out as a vaca spot....

BIG hugs to you both!!!!

Hugs, Kathi

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    Such great news!

I'm very happy for your beau, and for you too!

• hippiechicks
    hippiechicks Member Posts: 509 Member
    Oh Kathi, how wonderful to

Oh Kathi, how wonderful to hear this news!  I cannot imagine how you must be feeling .... to have such a wonderful gift with such a good outcome is truly remarkable! I do hope all continues to go well during this healing time and soon both of your wings will be able to fly together again! 

Thank you for sharing.  I am thinking of you often and keeping you in my prayers!

My best to you and yours ... Cool

• traci43
    traci43 Member Posts: 773 Member
    such good news!

May he continue to do well.  I used to be an organ donor and my onc laughed when I asked about it after all this. Wink