Never Mind SUGERY just CANCELLED via voicemail UPDATE surgery back on

2»

Comments

• herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    I know I know Craig

You and Kathryn gave good advice, BUT, well you know me Craig, determined, like our Jennie.

it was as I thought the "palliative care" thing, "we cancelled because with the new tumors we cannot operate under the palliative care unless you are completely obstructed." So what am I supposed to do Doc? "Well chemo" but Doc have had this tumor since October and two different regimes of chemo and that didn't shrink it, what makes you think this will? "But" says Doc "there's radiation" Nope, no radiation for me. "You won't do radiation?" NO. so you want me to live with this excruciating pain then Doc? "Um, no, but we can put a stent in" And then what Doc? Wait for the tumor to keep growing sending out it's little cells?  If you won't do it Stanford said they will, guess I'll go to Stanford. "Stanford said they would do it?" Yes.  "Well, if you understand your other tumors will keep growing, we will do it."  Well Doc I've been off chemo since April and the growth has been minimal, I think they aren't going to grow life threatening in 4 weeks until back on chemo.  

So surgery is back on.

Winter Marie

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member

I know I know Craig

You and Kathryn gave good advice, BUT, well you know me Craig, determined, like our Jennie.

it was as I thought the "palliative care" thing, "we cancelled because with the new tumors we cannot operate under the palliative care unless you are completely obstructed." So what am I supposed to do Doc? "Well chemo" but Doc have had this tumor since October and two different regimes of chemo and that didn't shrink it, what makes you think this will? "But" says Doc "there's radiation" Nope, no radiation for me. "You won't do radiation?" NO. so you want me to live with this excruciating pain then Doc? "Um, no, but we can put a stent in" And then what Doc? Wait for the tumor to keep growing sending out it's little cells?  If you won't do it Stanford said they will, guess I'll go to Stanford. "Stanford said they would do it?" Yes.  "Well, if you understand your other tumors will keep growing, we will do it."  Well Doc I've been off chemo since April and the growth has been minimal, I think they aren't going to grow life threatening in 4 weeks until back on chemo.  

So surgery is back on.

Winter Marie

Good job Marie. Way to stick

Good job Marie. Way to stick it to them like I know you would. The doctors work for US. WE help pay thier salaryies.

• jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member

I know I know Craig

So surgery is back on.

Winter Marie

good for you
    But are you sure you want this doc doing the surgery? Sounds like he's doing only to keep the $$ in his hospital.
  • herdizziness
    jen2012 said:

good for you
    But are you sure you want this doc doing the surgery? Sounds like he's doing only to keep the $$ in his hospital.

LOL Jen

Actually it was because Dr. Vissar (my liver surgeon) said he would be willing to work on my liver again. Apparently if Dr. Vissar believes that he can still save me via removing my liver tumors again, then there was belief I was more then palliative care only at this point, but had hope of cure. Those are the standards that Dominican works by.  They were the ones that refused to do my surgery back in 2010 and Stanford did the surgery and gave me three extra years. So unless hope of cure Dominican does not allow for surgeries unless in total obstruction.  With Dr. Vissar willing to do liver surgery in future that reopened the doors At Dominican.  And the fact that Stanford would do a colon resection not as pallative cure that cinched the deal. Kind of crazy isn't it?

Winter Marie

(by the way while I was on phone with surgeon Stanford was already calling me back, now that's a good office staff and surgeons!!)

• Happyhar
    Happyhar Member Posts: 49

LOL Jen

Actually it was because Dr. Vissar (my liver surgeon) said he would be willing to work on my liver again. Apparently if Dr. Vissar believes that he can still save me via removing my liver tumors again, then there was belief I was more then palliative care only at this point, but had hope of cure. Those are the standards that Dominican works by.  They were the ones that refused to do my surgery back in 2010 and Stanford did the surgery and gave me three extra years. So unless hope of cure Dominican does not allow for surgeries unless in total obstruction.  With Dr. Vissar willing to do liver surgery in future that reopened the doors At Dominican.  And the fact that Stanford would do a colon resection not as pallative cure that cinched the deal. Kind of crazy isn't it?

Winter Marie

(by the way while I was on phone with surgeon Stanford was already calling me back, now that's a good office staff and surgeons!!)

Doing our own Doctoring!

Isn't it amazing how much of our own Doctoring we have to do? I have been fortunate to have some very good and caring Docs and some who were, well, I"ll just say not ones I'd reccomend for Vet care. Hang in there, stay proactive and Blessings.

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member

I know I know Craig

So surgery is back on.

Winter Marie

Way to Go Girl!

So very glad to hear that the surgery is back on!  and SUPER proud of you for standing your ground and getting it done.

I knew you could do it!!!

Hugs and prayers and good vibes for terrific outcome,

Marie who loves kitties

• Chelsea71
    Chelsea71 Member Posts: 1,169 Member

LOL Jen

Winter Marie

I knew you'd do it.  I said

I knew you'd do it.  I said to myself last night, "I totally think she will get herself that surgery".  Fantastic news.  

• herdizziness
    And Thank You

Each and everyone for your support and caring, you have no idea how this uplifted me to stay strong.  My first words to the surgeon were "what exactly made you change your mind, what particular thing made you decide to not do it?"  When his response was the palliative care only crap I knew it wasn't because of worry tumor other tumors growing while waiting for chemo.  You all gave me the strength to get to the point of why they decided not to do it, and reason through it with him. Making him step back and  look at the big picture.

Thank you is not enough, but it is all I have.  Thank you.

Winter Marie

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Tomorrow

Is the surgery back on for tomorrow or did they have to reschedule?

• herdizziness
    Trubrit said:

Tomorrow

Is the surgery back on for tomorrow or did they have to reschedule?

Yes

Tomorrow is the surgery date. Been doing the prep today a late start was supposed to start at ten, but didn't get go ahead for surgery until later.

Winter Marie

• LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member

Yes

Tomorrow is the surgery date. Been doing the prep today a late start was supposed to start at ten, but didn't get go ahead for surgery until later.

Winter Marie

Great to hear that you're

Great to hear that you're getting surgery and hopefully relief from pain!

Now get some well needed rest tonight and update us when you feel up to it.

Luv,

Cyn

• Chelsea71
    Chelsea71 Member Posts: 1,169 Member

Yes

Winter Marie

I am so proud of you WM.

I am so proud of you WM.  You're one tough cookie. Good luck with surgery.  Let us know how you did.

Chels

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member

Yes

Winter Marie

YES!

Good luck tomorrow.  Let us know how it went as soon as you can.

• jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member

Yes

Winter Marie

Good luck - I hope it goes

Good luck - I hope it goes well!