abject misery

herdizziness
herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member

So I'm waiting on appointment with surgeon which is the 28th.

Until then, in misery with much pain as things pass through the colon tumor, WHAT? You can't hear my cries of agony??  Trust me, they are there.

Winter MarieSometimes Life just ain't easy

Comments

• ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Hugs Marie
    No it isn't, Ron.
  • bailee2012
    bailee2012 Member Posts: 60
    So sorry

Hate to hear that you goin through this.  Really hate that people have to be in pain for so long just to wait for appointment.  Stay strong. Sending prayers up.   :)

• herdizziness
    Plan of Action

I realize when my husband is asking me if he should drive me to the emergency hospital, that maybe my pain is really showing (could be all those OMGod's and Sweet Jesus refrains that keep leaving my mouth, plus the moaning and writhing in pain). So I emailed my oncologist asking if he could give me a prescription for stool softners and pain pills.  We shall see, why oh why did I wait until it got worse on the weekend?

Winter Marie

• Chelsea71
    Chelsea71 Member Posts: 1,169 Member

Plan of Action

I realize when my husband is asking me if he should drive me to the emergency hospital, that maybe my pain is really showing (could be all those OMGod's and Sweet Jesus refrains that keep leaving my mouth, plus the moaning and writhing in pain). So I emailed my oncologist asking if he could give me a prescription for stool softners and pain pills.  We shall see, why oh why did I wait until it got worse on the weekend?

Winter Marie

So sorry you're going through

So sorry you're going through all this.  Hoping you feel some relief soon.

Chelsea

• lp1964
    lp1964 Member Posts: 1,239 Member
    Not as bad,

but I share of feeling $hitty tonight with you. 

I wish you a quick relief and a long term resolution.

Laz

• wawaju04976
    wawaju04976 Member Posts: 316 Member
    Sorry you are in such pain  

Sorry you are in such pain   :(  !

You are strong, hang in there!

Judy

• johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member

Sorry you are in such pain  

Sorry you are in such pain   :(  !

You are strong, hang in there!

Judy

awww winter

please see if you can get something to control the pain im sorry you are hurting.remember we are family and we are hurting with you...Godbless...johnnybegood

• John23
    John23 Member Posts: 2,122 Member

Plan of Action

Winter Marie

Woes and groans.

Re:

“why oh why did I wait until it got worse on the weekend?”

I’ve found that as I got older, the weekends got closer together.

Every time I’ve been hospitalized, it was on a late Friday evening, and too often, just prior to Christmas.

You’re part of “the club”; Welcome!

Seriously, I have some hydrocodone I can overnight to you; I’m not sure if you can use ‘em as a suppository?

(ouch)

Think “healed”,

John

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    I hear them, darling....

But stand helpless nearby.  My tumor was in a place where EVERYTHING passed it....nasty....so I can relate just a bit to your suffering!!!

I still needed to work, so I would keep a 'maintenance dose' of Ibuprophen on board at all times, and then, when I would get to my destination for the day, I would take a Vicodin.  It's much easier to cover a breakthru pain spike going from 4 to 8 with strong drugs, than to try to go from 0 to 8 without that 'maintenance level' pain med control already on board...

Love you, dearest....

Hugs, Kathi

• Momof2plusteentwins
    Momof2plusteentwins Member Posts: 509 Member
    Winter Marie
    I hope you have something by now for pain. It seems to get bad so fast! If you are like me you think it will be better next time, then next time it's worse. Hope you get some relief.
    Sandy
  • Cathleen Mary
    Cathleen Mary Member Posts: 827 Member
    KathiM said:

I hear them, darling....

But stand helpless nearby.  My tumor was in a place where EVERYTHING passed it....nasty....so I can relate just a bit to your suffering!!!

I still needed to work, so I would keep a 'maintenance dose' of Ibuprophen on board at all times, and then, when I would get to my destination for the day, I would take a Vicodin.  It's much easier to cover a breakthru pain spike going from 4 to 8 with strong drugs, than to try to go from 0 to 8 without that 'maintenance level' pain med control already on board...

Love you, dearest....

Hugs, Kathi

So sorry you are going

So sorry you are going through this.  Go to ER if you don't hear from doc. You are not alone in having things happen on weekends! 

Hope you have relief Soon.

Cathleen Mary

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Dear Winter Marie

So very sorry to hear that you are in so very much pain. 

Perhaps a trip to the ER would be a good thing to do...the tumor plus anything in the "pipeline" may be causing an obstruction which is more than you can handle with stool softeners.  It may also get you fast tracked for that surgery to get that tumor out.

Praying that you get relief soon.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties

• kennyt
    kennyt Member Posts: 110
    so sorry you are going

so sorry you are going through this you should go to the er at least they may help with the pain.

• Goldie1
    Goldie1 Member Posts: 264 Member

Dear Winter Marie

Perhaps a trip to the ER would be a good thing to do...the tumor plus anything in the "pipeline" may be causing an obstruction which is more than you can handle with stool softeners.  It may also get you fast tracked for that surgery to get that tumor out.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties

Agree with Marie...

you shouldn't have to suffer.  If not the ER, get those pain meds STAT!  Hoping that you feel better soon!

Ellen

• abrub
    abrub Member Posts: 2,174 Member
    Ow! You have my empathy

Having been in a situation where no pain relief worked (major anal fissure) so any bathroom runs were a cause for tears and follow-up in the fetal position.  It was so bad that when my husband went to the bathroom, I had empathy pains, and moaned in true agony.  I hope that they can get the pain under control, and address all issues quickly.

Sending gentle hugs and lots of understanding,

Alice

• marbleotis
    marbleotis Member Posts: 720 Member
    So sorry

Please get some relief.  You should not have to suffer.  Get on the Dr and have him make it happen.  I am so sorry you are suffering.

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    I'm sorry you're in so much pain, WM.

Four more days to surgery must seem like an eternity to you.  Any chance for pain meds?  When I was in the midst of a lot of cancer growth, and had some pretty significant pain, I was given oxycodone.  It worked fairly well (although in my case it caused physical dependency in about two weeks, but if you only take it for a few days, just to get to surgery, that shouldn't be an issue).

Strength and hugs coming your way~AA

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member

Four more days to surgery must seem like an eternity to you.  Any chance for pain meds?  When I was in the midst of a lot of cancer growth, and had some pretty significant pain, I was given oxycodone.  It worked fairly well (although in my case it caused physical dependency in about two weeks, but if you only take it for a few days, just to get to surgery, that shouldn't be an issue).

Another thought...

maybe consider putting yourself on a liquid diet at this point?  Totally sucks, I know (worst part of the surgical ordeal for me), but it might really reduce the pain.

• hippiechicks
    hippiechicks Member Posts: 509 Member

Dear Winter Marie

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties

I also agree with Marie .. a

I also agree with Marie .. a trip to ER sounds like the place to be.  I was in the same pain you are discribing at one point in my journey, and that is exactly what happened .. fast tracked and relief! 

My best to you for quick resolution!

Cool

Hippiechicks

• herdizziness

Ann

4 more days just to see the surgeon, don't know surgery date, am assuming since have been off chemo since part of April, the stupid tumor keeps growing.  Will probably do the liquid diet, seems like that may be the easier way to go (pun intended).

Thank you everyone, here's to the pain getting better at some point soonest.

Winter Marie