Starting 1st HDIL2 cycle today

Bellweather
Bellweather Member Posts: 102
I have passed my stress tests an been admitted for treatment :) one night of hydration , vital sign base line data, etc. First round at 0900 then it is a run to 14 or wherever my body says stop. I will post with an update next week sometime when i am rested.
Thanks to everyone that has paved the way before me, encoraged me along the way, and god bless everyone that is fighting the battle..

Comments

• MDCinSC
    MDCinSC Member Posts: 574
    Good Luck Bellweather!

There will be a bunch of us here pulling for you, waiting for your reports!

Be strong!  Kick Cancer's butt!

Michael

• Baaa-bs
    Baaa-bs Member Posts: 50
    Only the best to you!

Good luck today, you'll have all of us cheering you on the sidelines. Kick ****!

• garym
    garym Member Posts: 1,647
    YOU CAN DO THIS...

Bell,

Hey, if that big ol'softie fox can handle it you'll be fine!  You know what to expext, trust your medical team to get you through.  Its short term pain for long term gain.

Godspeed,

Gary

• Darron
    Darron Member Posts: 310 Member
    Go get it!

Prayers are with you. Go kick it's ****!!!!

• Gordon Charles
    Gordon Charles Member Posts: 91
    Demerol is your friend.....

When they hang the bag, ask your nurse to have the Demerol ready... mine carried it in her pocket.  When the rigors hit let them know at the first sign of a shiver.  Call for the Demerol and warm blankets.  They will help...Drink as much fluid as you can... they want urine output, so give it to them.  As I have related before, my head nurse was very clear.  You are here to work!  Approach it as a job and NOT as some helpless victim.  The fight against cancer is a total life style. and as many have said before me.... we take no prisoners here.

• Texas_wedge
    Texas_wedge Member Posts: 2,798

When they hang the bag, ask your nurse to have the Demerol ready... mine carried it in her pocket.  When the rigors hit let them know at the first sign of a shiver.  Call for the Demerol and warm blankets.  They will help...Drink as much fluid as you can... they want urine output, so give it to them.  As I have related before, my head nurse was very clear.  You are here to work!  Approach it as a job and NOT as some helpless victim.  The fight against cancer is a total life style. and as many have said before me.... we take no prisoners here.

Working at it

"my head nurse was very clear.  You are here to work!  Approach it as a job and NOT as some helpless victim.  The fight against cancer is a total life style. and as many have said before me.... we take no prisoners here."

That is so apt, Gordon, that I'm glad you've repeated it and I hope you'll keep reminding everyone from time to time.

If anyone works at it, it's Fox but I hope he's having a good, restful enjoyable break before he rejoins the fray.

• Eims
    Eims Member Posts: 423
    good luck bellweather....we

good luck bellweather....we are rooting for you....kick some serious **** today....@ texas i love what your nurse said.....very true indeed...

eims x

• garym
    garym Member Posts: 1,647

Our new mantra...

Great attitude!!!

"You are here to work!  Approach it as a job and NOT as some helpless victim.  The fight against cancer is a total life style. and as many have said before me.... we take no prisoners here."  I would add "Attack with extreme prejudice"

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    Eims said:

good luck bellweather....we

good luck bellweather....we are rooting for you....kick some serious **** today....@ texas i love what your nurse said.....very true indeed...

eims x

Best wishes

Bellweather, I hope I didn't scare you. I have a sense that many don't get into the details as I did. But it isn't unusal. You have taken the big step. I look forward to you wondering why I was such a lightweight. Do well my friend!

• DonMiller
    DonMiller Member Posts: 109
    Starting 1st HDIL2 cycle today

Prayers are with you.  Although my relationship with the Lord has had it's up and downs over the years I got folks praying praying for all of us from Equador to Poland.  We are in good shape on that count.  Stay well and beat this ****.

• Limelife50
    Limelife50 Member Posts: 476
    Go Bellweather

I will be thinking of you,good luck

• cancerat46
    cancerat46 Member Posts: 52
    Best of luck!!

Go in there kickin' butt and takin' names!

• alice124
    alice124 Member Posts: 896 Member
    Good luck. . .

Bellweather - Wishing you whatever it takes to wipe out the cancer and the strength to stay strong throughout. I wasn't kidding when I told Fox that anytime anyone here begins HDIL2, I feel sick. I have that sick feeling right now, and I'm not the one who went through it. I just watched John go through it. But like I also said, even though John's experience wasn't considered successful, he has no regrets. You're doing the right thing and here's hoping your outcome is 100% positive.

Good luck to you. When things get tough, close your eyes and envision all of your new CSN friends squeezing your hand for support. You're not alone. . .

• faithlou
    faithlou Member Posts: 41
    Best of luck!

I hope all goes well.

• Texas_wedge
    alice124 said:

Good luck. . .

Bellweather - Wishing you whatever it takes to wipe out the cancer and the strength to stay strong throughout. I wasn't kidding when I told Fox that anytime anyone here begins HDIL2, I feel sick. I have that sick feeling right now, and I'm not the one who went through it. I just watched John go through it. But like I also said, even though John's experience wasn't considered successful, he has no regrets. You're doing the right thing and here's hoping your outcome is 100% positive.

Good luck to you. When things get tough, close your eyes and envision all of your new CSN friends squeezing your hand for support. You're not alone. . .

Centre stage!

You'd have us all rooting for you anyway, but you sure got your timing right - by going into it just after this forum's very own bellwether you can be certain of being in the limelight trained on HD IL2, as Fox leads the way!  Here's hoping you both turn out to be total responders!!

• DMike
    DMike Member Posts: 259
    Good Luck!

Best wishes to you on the IL2 treatment. I'd do it again tomorrow because of it's incredible potential.

--David

• Texas_wedge
    DMike said:

Good Luck!

Best wishes to you on the IL2 treatment. I'd do it again tomorrow because of it's incredible potential.

--David

Potential

Yes, and with all the latest developments the potential is getting better and better and the delayed benefits are also becoming clearer.