New Primary Tumor in colon

herdizziness
herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member

Oh the joys of colorectal cancer, they just keep a coming.

first off, had my liver surgery 8 weeks ago, and before I went back to Oncologist I emailed him and asked for a colonoscopy which I had last Friday.  When I awakened the Dr. said that she could only go up a very little ways as a tumor blocked her from going further up.  She said she kept trying but couldnt get around it. She said she took several biopsies.

Saw Oncologist today and it is a new primary colon tumor.  This tumor did not show up on the PET/CT scan that was taken a month before liver surgery, this tumor also did NOT show up on a CT scan taken the week before liver surgery.  It only showed up on colonoscopy, go figure. 

So having another PT/CT scan next Wednesday, back to Oncologist then onto surgery again. Shame I didn't ask for colonoscopy BEFORE the liver surgery.

Winter Marie

Comments

• wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member
    Oh, Winter

I almost cried when I saw this. You just fight and fight and yet it won't leave you alone. But you are so strong and have accomplished so much in the time I have known you. I know your spirit and know you can do this again. Jenny & I will put our "$hit kickin' boots back on again for you.

I'm here if you need me.

Luv,

Wolfen

• wawaju04976
    wawaju04976 Member Posts: 316 Member
    Sorry to hear this, but you

Sorry to hear this, but you are one tough cookie. If anyone in here can attack this tumor, it's you, Winter. Take that winning spirit and aim it at that bleeping tumor!

Judy

• kennyt
    kennyt Member Posts: 110
    so sorry

to hear this news

kenny

• Maxiecat
    Maxiecat Member Posts: 544 Member
    Winter Marie...I am so sorry

Winter Marie...I am so sorry to read this.  you must be so frustrated!  Are they going to be able to do chemo before surgery to shrink it a bit?

alex

• geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Dear Marie:

#$@&%)(&%!!!!!

Love and Hugs - Tina

• LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    Oh damn! You just can't get a

Oh damn! You just can't get a break!!!  :(

(()))

• herdizziness
    wolfen said:

Oh, Winter

I almost cried when I saw this. You just fight and fight and yet it won't leave you alone. But you are so strong and have accomplished so much in the time I have known you. I know your spirit and know you can do this again. Jenny & I will put our "$hit kickin' boots back on again for you.

I'm here if you need me.

Luv,

Wolfen

Thanks Hun

I'll be getting rid of this tumor too.  Happy it was found and happier it can be removed!  Keep those shitkickers handy, got to kick this tumor's arse on down and out!

Winter Marie

• herdizziness

Sorry to hear this, but you

Sorry to hear this, but you are one tough cookie. If anyone in here can attack this tumor, it's you, Winter. Take that winning spirit and aim it at that bleeping tumor!

Judy

Judy

Dang tumors just need to quit growing at some point, don't they?  Well maybe someday, plan on getting rid of this one in the next few weeks!

Winter Marie

• herdizziness
    Thank you

That's what I said, #&!@#! and damn.  Not to worry, this one doesn't get to sit around and go the chemo route, onc said we are just going to get  sucker cut out! ;)

Winter Marie

• johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member

Thank you

That's what I said, #&!@#! and damn.  Not to worry, this one doesn't get to sit around and go the chemo route, onc said we are just going to get  sucker cut out! ;)

Winter Marie

hey girl

so sorry yo hear about this news,but i know you are a fighter so fight on....by the way my surgen told me that my cancer would not come back in the area where it was originally because when i asked him about that he replied that area was dead and would not return there.its funny how our docs tell us all different things about the same kind of cancer.anyway you just keep on fighting i know you can do it...Godbless...johnnybegood

• hippiechicks
    hippiechicks Member Posts: 509 Member
    You said it right ... life is

You said it right ... life is too good to give in ... so you have the fight still in you.  Keep on keeping on.  You can do this! Surgery is a blessing!! 

Just cut the ^&*(%# out!

You go girl!

Wishing you all the best!

Wink

• herdizziness

hey girl

so sorry yo hear about this news,but i know you are a fighter so fight on....by the way my surgen told me that my cancer would not come back in the area where it was originally because when i asked him about that he replied that area was dead and would not return there.its funny how our docs tell us all different things about the same kind of cancer.anyway you just keep on fighting i know you can do it...Godbless...johnnybegood

Ha!

My surgeon Dr. Raju said to me after surgery, you have fast growing polyps you need a colonoscopy every year.  After being treated like sh!t by receptionist at colonoscopy Dr.'s last year I didn't go back there.  HA! It's my fault this time.

But sure enough it's new primary tumor.  They can develop new ones in colon where polyps grow!

Winter Marie

• Chelsea71
    Chelsea71 Member Posts: 1,169 Member
    Sorry you're having to deal
    Sorry you're having to deal with this new development. Maybe it worked out for the best, though. In my area it seems surgeons are more reluctant to operate when there is disease in more than one area. Keep us posted.

Chelsea
  • herdizziness
    Chelsea71 said:

Sorry you're having to deal
    Sorry you're having to deal with this new development. Maybe it worked out for the best, though. In my area it seems surgeons are more reluctant to operate when there is disease in more than one area. Keep us posted.

Chelsea

Chelsea

Stanford is the best!  3 years ago when no one else would touch me and refused to operate they removed in one surgery: colon tumor, several liver tumors and ureter tumor.  I had a different surgeon for each, and I had lung mets as well, 10 hour surgery. Still here almost 4 years later (next February) because of my onc pushing to get the surgery and the surgeons willing to do it!

just not looking forward to another surgery in three month span, but glad to get it!

Winter Marie

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Bummer

Was just stunned to see your subject line and I'm so sorry that yet again you are dealing with more cancer.  As the others have said, you are a true fighter and believe you will come through this with flying colors.  Wishing you the best in your upcoming treatment.

Kim

• herdizziness

Bummer

Was just stunned to see your subject line and I'm so sorry that yet again you are dealing with more cancer.  As the others have said, you are a true fighter and believe you will come through this with flying colors.  Wishing you the best in your upcoming treatment.

Kim

Thank you Kim

A week ago I was crying after colonoscopy, wanted to scream at unfairness of it all, but friends on Facebook colon talk site let me do the screaming and cursing and got it out of my system (I didnt want to post here so soon after Craig's news) so now I am in let's kick it's arse mode, and hey, what's one more tumor.  One at a time right?

Winter Marie

• herdizziness

You said it right ... life is

You said it right ... life is too good to give in ... so you have the fight still in you.  Keep on keeping on.  You can do this! Surgery is a blessing!! 

Just cut the ^&*(%# out!

You go girl!

Wishing you all the best!

Wink

Thanks girl

Plan on it!  :)

Winter Marie

• Chelsea71
    Chelsea71 Member Posts: 1,169 Member

Chelsea

Stanford is the best!  3 years ago when no one else would touch me and refused to operate they removed in one surgery: colon tumor, several liver tumors and ureter tumor.  I had a different surgeon for each, and I had lung mets as well, 10 hour surgery. Still here almost 4 years later (next February) because of my onc pushing to get the surgery and the surgeons willing to do it!

just not looking forward to another surgery in three month span, but glad to get it!

Winter Marie

Winter,
    You and Phil strike

Winter,

You and Phil strike me as people who are managing your disease really well. I think part of it is that you are being treated at great facilities by outstanding doctors. You've done so well these past four years, especially considering the grim prognosis you were originally given. I've often thought that Phil may be one of the "lucky" ones. Not having to deal with the emotional roller coaster of being NED. I've been thinking lately of where things went wrong with Steve. In retrospect, what could/should we have done differently. I do think there have been little mistakes along the way but I am not sure if things would have played out much differently. Cancer is so complicated. I guess it's a waste of time for me to try and figure out why some people do better than others. I am just very happy that you have done so well. Sorry you have to deal with another surgery.

Chels
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member

Thank you Kim

A week ago I was crying after colonoscopy, wanted to scream at unfairness of it all, but friends on Facebook colon talk site let me do the screaming and cursing and got it out of my system (I didnt want to post here so soon after Craig's news) so now I am in let's kick it's arse mode, and hey, what's one more tumor.  One at a time right?

Winter Marie

Just what a crap !
    Hope u continue fighting as you know!
    Sending my best vibes my old friend!.
    Hugs blessings and prayers dear Winter!
  • Momof2plusteentwins
    Momof2plusteentwins Member Posts: 509 Member
    Winter Marie
    Sorry to hear the news but glad you are having surgery so soon. You said Dr couldn't go past obstruction with scope, I was just wondering were you having any bowel movement problems. I know when I finally went to Dr that I could barely go at all. Is it in a different part of colon than your original tumor? How could it have been missed on CT and Pet? Even though it is a fast growing cancer - it couldn't have grown to totally obstruct you in a few weeks. Do they or you plan to do any chemo follow up? Good luck with surgery, I'm sure you are just wanting to get it out.
    Sandy :)