colon cancer and DCA

justtwo
justtwo Member Posts: 3
edited June 2013 in Colorectal Cancer #1

my boyfriend  has colon cancer stage 4 that spread to his liver lungs and brain.he had brain surgery and removed one tumer but couldnt get to the other .which was 2.5x1cm. also a10mm nodule. this was feb 9th 2013.there were 100 lesions in each lung and hypodense masses in all segments of liver.
he started taking dca about the end of feb. and all so started chemo.he does the chemo every other week but has taken the dca strait on through.he had a mri of his brain may 13th and IT WAS CLEAR NO TUMERS LOOKED COMPLETELY NORMAL VERY VERY HAPPY

May 20th he had ct of chest ,abdomen,pelvis with IV contrast.
in his lung multiple lesion were gone and shrank.in his liver some were gone and some smaller one was 4.2x3.1 and now is 3.3x2.7. and all his blood work was with in normal ranges .I WOULD RECOMEND DCA IF I WERE A DOCTOR  BUT IM NOT .HE IS SURE GOING TO KEEP TAKING IT .I HOPE THIS MAY HELP SOMEONE ELSE.

Comments

• renw
    renw Member Posts: 282 Member
    I started DCA last week. will

I started DCA last week. will report how it will go next month after my next MRI.

• marbleotis
    marbleotis Member Posts: 720 Member
    renw said:

I started DCA last week. will

I started DCA last week. will report how it will go next month after my next MRI.

?

What is DCA?

• renw

?

What is DCA?

Dichloroacetic
    Dichloroacetic acid

Dichloroacetic acid, often abbreviated DCA, is the chemical compound with formula CHCl2COOH. It is an acid, an analogue of acetic acid, in which two of the three hydrogen atoms of the methyl group have been replaced by chlorine atoms.

FormulaC2H2Cl2O2

Molar mass128.94 g/mol

Density1.56 g/cm³

Boiling point194 °C

IUPAC IDDichloroacetic acid

So basically a small synthetic molecule, hence why attrative for brain tumours especially as can cross blood-brain barrier. Long term use can cause neuropathy.

It works by forcing the cancer cells to burn glucose instead of fermenting it. This activates the mitochondria which can trigger cell death if it detects that its host cell is abnormal. That's the theory anyway.

• Chelsea71
    Chelsea71 Member Posts: 1,169 Member
    renw said:

Dichloroacetic

Dichloroacetic acid

Dichloroacetic acid, often abbreviated DCA, is the chemical compound with formula CHCl2COOH. It is an acid, an analogue of acetic acid, in which two of the three hydrogen atoms of the methyl group have been replaced by chlorine atoms.

FormulaC2H2Cl2O2

Molar mass128.94 g/mol

Density1.56 g/cm³

Boiling point194 °C

IUPAC IDDichloroacetic acid

So basically a small synthetic molecule, hence why attrative for brain tumours especially as can cross blood-brain barrier. Long term use can cause neuropathy.

It works by forcing the cancer cells to burn glucose instead of fermenting it. This activates the mitochondria which can trigger cell death if it detects that its host cell is abnormal. That's the theory anyway.

How can one acquire this DCA?
    How can one acquire this DCA?
  • justtwo
    dca

ITS SODIUM DICHLOROACETATE you need to do more research .u can buy at puredca.com in google search put in dca canada.it will bring up all the info i found alot of reading they use it in canada and germany

• Chelsea71
    Chelsea71 Member Posts: 1,169 Member
    justtwo said:

dca

ITS SODIUM DICHLOROACETATE you need to do more research .u can buy at puredca.com in google search put in dca canada.it will bring up all the info i found alot of reading they use it in canada and germany

Thanks
    Thanks
  • manwithnoname
    manwithnoname Member Posts: 402
    justtwo said:

dca

Sorry

but do NOT buy from Puredca.com it's not pure.

• northa914
    northa914 Member Posts: 100
    Sodium Dichloroacetate

Before anyone starts on DCA, check with your doctor to make sure it doesn't interfere with your current chemo regime.  There's a certain protocol to follow, including the number of grams per lb/kg of body mass.  thedcasite.com has some information and a gram/body mass calculator.  I order my DCA from pharma-dca.com, and take mine with caffeine and benfotiamine.  I don't recommend starting this without consulting first with a naturopath or other expert to help decide if DCA is for you. 

• pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    northa914 said:

Sodium Dichloroacetate

Before anyone starts on DCA, check with your doctor to make sure it doesn't interfere with your current chemo regime.  There's a certain protocol to follow, including the number of grams per lb/kg of body mass.  thedcasite.com has some information and a gram/body mass calculator.  I order my DCA from pharma-dca.com, and take mine with caffeine and benfotiamine.  I don't recommend starting this without consulting first with a naturopath or other expert to help decide if DCA is for you. 

dca is worthwhile synergises with metformin

i have had no sides yet, ny protocol is 2 weeks  on, 2 weeks off.

started at hallwang clinic october 2012.

have a break every few months.

watch the  neuropathy.

another cheap effective therapy, conventional medicine has its limitation.

• justtwo

Sorry

but do NOT buy from Puredca.com it's not pure.

pure dca

how do you know its not pure

• manwithnoname
    manwithnoname Member Posts: 402
    justtwo said:

pure dca

how do you know its not pure

I had

it tested.

• renw
    Just to clarify, dicholoro

Just to clarify, dicholoro acetic acid is the active molecule. The salts of which are dichloroacetates. You want to be taking the salt form when getting an IV. Just like with vit C.  Ascorbic acid IV could kill you, sodium ascorbate is Ph neutral and will not.

I did a blog post on DCA to explain how it works: http://www.mcrc4.com/?p=4656