Radio frequency ablation on lung metastasis

Hooley
Hooley Member Posts: 156

I have one tumor 20mm in one lung and three in the otherNay has anyone had RFA. iOslo, what size were tumours and what location?  I live in Australia and am looking at best place to have done if posBile. I'm hoping to go to the USA end of year to visit son too?

thanks, any info,appreciated   Regards. Sue 

Comments

• pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    ask prof morris at saint hospital sydney

he is my hipex surgeon, he also makes rfa devices in his spare time.

in the liver they do up to 7 centimeter.

an option besides rfa is tace to the lung, its only done in germnay by professor vogel to my knowledge.

I know a few who had lung tace , I myself, limited side effects, and good control. that said my lung met still had an suv 0.5 down from 1.1 a year ago.

I don't know who is the best regarding rfa, but prof morris was on tv last night, its nice to know your doctors are famous and well regarded. 

rfa is interesting, I need to do more research, but I just figured this doc is good, any day now I might get the call, I wonder if he will rfa the lung met and my liver met.

since you asked, for dispersed lung disease I beleive dendritic cell vaccine with new castle vaccine virus offers the best results per doctor nesslehut, of course he delivers the service and its not proven by a clinical trial.

hugs,

Pete

ps great question, I saw the rfa device , looks amazing.

• Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member

an option besides rfa is tace to the lung, its only done in germnay by professor vogel to my knowledge.

I know a few who had lung tace , I myself, limited side effects, and good control. that said my lung met still had an suv 0.5 down from 1.1 a year ago.

I don't know who is the best regarding rfa, but prof morris was on tv last night, its nice to know your doctors are famous and well regarded. 

rfa is interesting, I need to do more research, but I just figured this doc is good, any day now I might get the call, I wonder if he will rfa the lung met and my liver met.

since you asked, for dispersed lung disease I beleive dendritic cell vaccine with new castle vaccine virus offers the best results per doctor nesslehut, of course he delivers the service and its not proven by a clinical trial.

hugs,

Pete

Up to 7cm in Liver?

They can go higher.......

RFA on my liver met was 6cm x 8cm.....

• Hooley

hugs,

Pete

Thanks PETE, did mention it

Thanks PETE, did mention it yesterday to onc and think I threw him A bit.  meant me know how you go too.  

Only thing with RFA on lung cld be lung collapse.  But I had needle biopsy on big one and onADHD minor bleed. The larger wine was 64mm and now, thank God, is 44.  Other smaller ones around 20mm

what channel was prof Morris.  Prob didn't get here in,Adelaide but will google for sure.

pwhat is SUV, sosorry thanks for the info

God IS good

• Hooley
    Sundanceh said:

Up to 7cm in Liver?

They can go higher.......

RFA on my liver met was 6cm x 8cm.....

Thanks Sundanceh.  Have heard

Thanks Sundanceh.  Have heard quite common on liver.  Was it successful for u

• pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    Hooley said:

Thanks PETE, did mention it

Thanks PETE, did mention it yesterday to onc and think I threw him A bit.  meant me know how you go too.  

Only thing with RFA on lung cld be lung collapse.  But I had needle biopsy on big one and onADHD minor bleed. The larger wine was 64mm and now, thank God, is 44.  Other smaller ones around 20mm

what channel was prof Morris.  Prob didn't get here in,Adelaide but will google for sure.

pwhat is SUV, sosorry thanks for the info

God IS good

he is very good, but likes to test us, alas!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3026294/

morris was on channel nine a current affair

if you have to throw the onc, just be gentle, they are human, they dont bounce! well mine don't

hugs,

Pete