Sad news ... my husband has passed.

devotion10
devotion10 Member Posts: 623 Member
edited June 2013 in Colorectal Cancer #1

Tuesday evening my husband passed peacefully in our home with our son, me, and his devoted dog Maxwell curled beside him.  I wanted to share with you some information about this extraordinary man that I loved. Link to article below (I don't know how long the link will work). When you go to the site, click on his picture and it will open an article. 37 years together ... it is hard to imagine that he is gone, but my son and I are both relieved that he will no longer suffer. I am in the process of planning his cremation and in the future, when our emotions have settled, we will have a celebration of his life. Thank you kindly for your support and best to you all.

~ Cynthia

http://www.art-design.umich.edu

Comments

• johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member
    so sorry

cyn for this news but i know in my heart you both were preparing for this.i cant tell you when the emotions will settle but i know the love you shared will be ever lasting.the passing away of my stepdad still lingers and has only been about a month.when i think about the suffering i still shed the tears but then i think about what a wonderful place he is in  up in heaven,i know he is not in pain anymore.you know we are here for you when you need us ....Godbless....johnnybegood

• LindaK.
    LindaK. Member Posts: 506 Member
    I am so sorry

I am so sorry for your loss, it sounds like he was an amazing man.  Cherish all your memories.

• jjaj133
    jjaj133 Member Posts: 867 Member
    I am so very sorry for your

I am so very sorry for your loss. May you find peace.

Judy

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Sorry

So sorry for your loss.  I'm so glad you were all there for his final moments.  May you find comfort in the love you shared.

Kim

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    So very sorry

I am sincere in my sorrow for your family.  

I am glad that it was a peacful end, surrounded by those who loved him. I was toched that the dog was included.  

May you find peace in the days ahead, knowing that he is there still, but not inperson. 

Blessings!

• smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member
    Trubrit said:

So very sorry

I am sincere in my sorrow for your family.  

I am glad that it was a peacful end, surrounded by those who loved him. I was toched that the dog was included.  

May you find peace in the days ahead, knowing that he is there still, but not inperson. 

Blessings!

So sorry for your loss. 

So sorry for your loss. 

• Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    So Very Sorry...

My condolences to your family during this most difficult time, Cynthia.

• YoVita
    YoVita Member Posts: 590 Member
    My condolences, Cynthia

You were a wonderful, loving caregiver to your husband.  Your husband was an extraordinary man and left his mark.  So sorry.

• jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member
    I'm sorry Cynthia. Thank you
    I'm sorry Cynthia. Thank you for sharing the link - I enjoyed reading about your wonderful man. What a great smile! I'm sure that is how you'll fondly remember him.
  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member

Dear Cynthia,
    My deepest

Dear Cynthia,

My deepest condolences on the loss of your husband and best friend.  From reading the obit, he was obviously a very intelligent and kind man.  I'm so sorry that you and your family have had to experience the emotional pain that this illness brings.

With sympathy,

Cynthia

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Dear Cynthia

I am so very sorry for your loss.

May the memories of your time together help you as you move forward.

Marie who loves kitties

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    I am so sorry for your loss.

I am so sorry for your loss.

• geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Dear Cynthia:

I am so very sorry for your loss.  I know full well the depth of despair and loneliness and hatred for this disease you are experiencing right now and nothing I can say can ease that right now.  I can only say I am so very sorry for your loss.

Hugs and Love - Tina

• lilacbrroller
    lilacbrroller Member Posts: 412 Member
    geotina said:

Dear Cynthia:

I am so very sorry for your loss.  I know full well the depth of despair and loneliness and hatred for this disease you are experiencing right now and nothing I can say can ease that right now.  I can only say I am so very sorry for your loss.

Hugs and Love - Tina

so sorry

So sorry for your loss

Karin

• jasminsaba
    jasminsaba Member Posts: 157 Member
    My condolences

What an impressive and inspiring man ... wonderful human being who has left a legacy as rich as his accomplishments in life. My condolences to you and your family. Wishing you peace and understanding during this very difficult time.

• Goldie1
    Goldie1 Member Posts: 264 Member
    Dear Cynthia and Family,

Sending our condolences to you and yours.  You are an inspiration to all caregivers.

Take care,

Ellen

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    My heart hurts for you, Cynthia.

I am so sorry you lost your dear man.  AA

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member

My heart hurts for you, Cynthia.

I am so sorry you lost your dear man.  AA

I just read his remembrance piece...

He was clearly an amazing person.

• Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member

I just read his remembrance piece...

He was clearly an amazing person.

My condolences

So sorry to hear of your loss, hold on to each other....    

• thxmiker
    thxmiker Member Posts: 1,278 Member
    We are saddened by your loss.

We are saddened by your loss.  The article was interesting.

Sending our thoughts and prayers.

Best Always,  mike