Colon Cancer Awareness 5k walk/run

Phil64
Phil64 Member Posts: 838 Member
edited May 2013 in Colorectal Cancer #1

In case any of you are in/near Calhoun County Michigan (Battle Creek Michigan)...

I will be participating in a fundraiser aimed at raising awareness of Colon Cancer and the Colonoscopy screening procedure.

This is a very important purpose as it surely will save some people from going through what we (stage IV CRC patients) have had to endure.

More info about this event can be found via the following link...

http://www.calhouncancer.org/awareness_event.php

I hope to see some of my fellow cancer survivors there!

God Bless and Happy Friday to you all!

Phil

Comments

• Coloncancerblows
    Coloncancerblows Member Posts: 296 Member
    I did this walk in Arlington

I did this walk in Arlington a few weeks ago and got an award for the top individjual fund raiser!!

• Phil64
    Phil64 Member Posts: 838 Member

I did this walk in Arlington

I did this walk in Arlington a few weeks ago and got an award for the top individjual fund raiser!!

Congratulations!!!

I think this is a very important task that we (as crc survivors) have to support! 

We need to make sure that people know to get a colonoscopy screening when they should.  And that means if they have any crc cancer family history, they may need the colonoscopy sooner than age 50.  Or if they haver any symptoms that may be related to colon cancer, they may need a screening sooner than 50! And when they turn 50 they need to join the colonoscopy club!!! 

Prevention is a very IMPORTANT part of this battle! And we owe it to others to help spread this word!

I think there may be between 25 and 35 people walking with me on this fund raiser! I get teary eyed just thinking about what an honor it is to have that many people stand with me in this fight.  I am truly blessed to have so many friends and family who care so deeply! I'm sure there are others who have raised a lot for this cause; but I am truly thankful to have an opportunity to participate in this important work.

Help save others from the battle that we are dealing with!

Blessings to you all!

Phil