NED for now 2.0

Semira
Semira Member Posts: 381 Member

Hurray, husbands sono from monday was clear, bloodworks ok (despite the liver counts which are always a bit elevated since chemo), CEA 1.0 (0.8 in february), docs content, we happy. 17 months since surgery for colon tumor and 2 livermets... Next check (with CT) end of august...

Happy hugs from Cologne, Germany

Petra

Comments

• Ruthmomto4
    Ruthmomto4 Member Posts: 708 Member
    Great news!!!! 

Great news!!!! 

• maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member

Great news!!!! 

Great news!!!! 

sweet!!!!

Petra that is just the very best news....hurrahhhhhh

• Chelsea71
    Chelsea71 Member Posts: 1,169 Member
    Awesome news!
    Awesome news! Congratulations.
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Wonderful

That is awesome news.

Kim

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    Yay!

That's wonderful news.  I'm so happy to hear that your husband is doing so well.  Hugs to you both~AA

• Phil64
    Phil64 Member Posts: 838 Member
    Similar status
    Petra,

Great news. Congratulations!!! I am in a similar status. I recently underwent liver resection surgery and CEA came in at 1.1. My onc is going to resume chemo to hopefully prevent any return mets. Did your husband take chemo post surgery as well? What type of chemo. I originally did the FOLFOX and Oxciliplaten. The liver mets were growing during my 11 treatments if this mix. I was switched to FOLFIRI and Erbitux which proved effective at shrinking the two liver mets and lowering my CEA. I'm going to resume FOLFIRI and Erbitux on 6/6.

I'm curious to compare treatment plan notes.

Phil
  • Semira
    Semira Member Posts: 381 Member
    Phil64 said:

Similar status
    Petra,

Great news. Congratulations!!! I am in a similar status. I recently underwent liver resection surgery and CEA came in at 1.1. My onc is going to resume chemo to hopefully prevent any return mets. Did your husband take chemo post surgery as well? What type of chemo. I originally did the FOLFOX and Oxciliplaten. The liver mets were growing during my 11 treatments if this mix. I was switched to FOLFIRI and Erbitux which proved effective at shrinking the two liver mets and lowering my CEA. I'm going to resume FOLFIRI and Erbitux on 6/6.

I'm curious to compare treatment plan notes.

Phil

He did...

Hi Phil,

he did... after colon resection and removal of the 2 livermets at the same time he took Xeloda Pills and Oxaliplation for 6 Months (8 rounds), afterwards he had a clear CT and his ileostomy takedown surgery in June last year. Clear Sono in September, clear CT in Nov, clear Sonos since. Next check will be end of august, then CT again.

Greetings from cold and rainy Germany

Petra

• Phil64
    Phil64 Member Posts: 838 Member
    Semira said:

He did...

Hi Phil,

he did... after colon resection and removal of the 2 livermets at the same time he took Xeloda Pills and Oxaliplation for 6 Months (8 rounds), afterwards he had a clear CT and his ileostomy takedown surgery in June last year. Clear Sono in September, clear CT in Nov, clear Sonos since. Next check will be end of august, then CT again.

Greetings from cold and rainy Germany

Petra

thanks for the reply

I hope and Pray for similar results as your husband.  Continued low (under 3.0) CEA and Continued-Long-Lasting NED will be very welcomed!

From cooling off and raining Michigan 

Hope you have a blessed day!

Phil