Hanging in There

Doc_Hawk
Doc_Hawk Member Posts: 685

It's been a pretty busy month here.  First a buddy of mine came to visit for a weekend, then my lady friend Marie came out for two weeks.  Her arrival ended 1128 days in Hell.  We had a great visit and even went up to Yellowstone for a couple of days and came home through the Grand Teton mountains.  But the best part of all was when she finally said those three words that I've wanted to hear for so many years.  The day she left (this past Sunday)  my daughter arrived from Mesa, AZ for a couple of days.  Now all the visitors are gone and life is back to abnormal.  My rear is still pretty sore and all of the hours in a car didn't do much good for it.  I'll try to keep more in touch now, but no promises.

Ray/Doc

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    No here

We know how hard it is for you to get on here.

Your trip sounds abosolutely wondreful.  Nature is a healer, even if its an emotional healer. And to share it with someone who means allot to you, has to be very special.

I hope that you are able to find enough to keep you ocupied now you are back at home.

You will always be in my thought and prayers. 

Blessings!  SUE

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Update

Thank you for the update and it sounds like you had a wonderful time with your lady friend.  So glad that you were able to enjoy that and those "three special words."  Just know that you are always thought of. 

Kim

• YoVita
    YoVita Member Posts: 590 Member
    Great to hear from you

There's nothing like hearing those three words.  Love is what it's all about.  Glad you had your visitors.   

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    We're just glad to hear from you, Doc,

no matter what the circumstances.  So glad you got to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons!  I absolutely love both those areas.  We camped once years ago in the Tetons (Lake Jackson), and I'm not sure I've ever seen anything quite so beautiful.  The combo of amazing scenery and loving company sounds really quite special.  Hugs to you~AA

• fatbob2010
    fatbob2010 Member Posts: 467 Member
    Good to Hear from You

Doc,

Glad that you are back on the board.  Needless to say there was concern for you.  Good to hear of your great break and the "three little words." 

Wishing you better days ahead...

Art

P.S.  Try to stay in touch at least now anad then.

• steveandnat
    steveandnat Member Posts: 886
    Wow busy great

It's great to hear you had so many visitors.  Having visitors helps me get my mind off cancer sohopefully that was the same with you. I pray you stay as well as possible. Jeff

• thxmiker
    thxmiker Member Posts: 1,278 Member
    We are glad to hear that you

We are glad to hear that you are out there Living Life!  Keep up the good fight, and keep living and experiencing life!

CHEERS!

Best Always,  mike

• Varmint5
    Varmint5 Member Posts: 384 Member
    Good to see you on here Ray...

I have been wondering how you were doing. So glad you and Marie had that special time together and got to get out and about, and that you had other visitors and good times. I hope you are doing well and I'm glad you checked in.

Sandy

• Dyanclark
    Dyanclark Member Posts: 296
    Your back

Laughing

So  happy you posted.   For sure you have made my day.  How great is that going to Yellowstone etc.

in our prayers 

George & Dyan clark

• lilacbrroller
    lilacbrroller Member Posts: 412 Member
    glad you posted!

You wre really nice to me when I first joined this board so I am concerned about how you are doing.  Bet the outdoors was beautiful this time of year; fresh air and sunshine are great therapy! I've been to those places as well and especially like yellowstone a lot. I even like the sulphur smell of the geysers.  The pits of hot bubbling mud are other wordly.

Karin

• bigman4christ
    bigman4christ Member Posts: 87
    happy to hear from you

I am glad you had lots of visitors and sounds like lots of fun travelling, we missed you on here though :)

• Doc_Hawk
    Doc_Hawk Member Posts: 685
    As Time Goes By

Thank you all for the well wishes and prayers.

I  can't believe it'w been a week and a half since I last posted.  The days just got by in a blur and I often forget what day it is.  I've been having a lot of gut pain lately in the intestine tract.  I've also been very tired all of the time and often suddenly wake up after sleeping for a couple of hours.  I've also lost more weight, I'm down to 120 lbs now.

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Doc_Hawk said:

As Time Goes By

Thank you all for the well wishes and prayers.

I  can't believe it'w been a week and a half since I last posted.  The days just got by in a blur and I often forget what day it is.  I've been having a lot of gut pain lately in the intestine tract.  I've also been very tired all of the time and often suddenly wake up after sleeping for a couple of hours.  I've also lost more weight, I'm down to 120 lbs now.

Doctors

What are the doctors doing for you.  It seems like your weight loss is a big problem and something that needs to be addressed.  I'm concerned that you are not getting the attention that you deserve.  Is there anyone that can help you get some homemade food and can help you get answers to your concerns.  Please talk to your doctor and discuss this pain, it's possible they could help you immensely and if not, get another opinion.

Kim

• Phil64
    Phil64 Member Posts: 838 Member
    Busy

Ray,

Busy sounds like a good thing for you. I hope you will be busy again soon. :-)

• thingy45
    thingy45 Member Posts: 632 Member
    Phil64 said:

Busy

Ray,

So glad

So glad to read your update, I think of you often and always include you in my daily nightly prayers. 

It sounds like you had a great time, memories made, and love keeps us ggoing hugs, Marjan

• thingy45
    Phil64 said:

Busy

Ray,

So glad

So glad to read your update, I think of you often and always include you in my daily nightly prayers. 

It sounds like you had a great time, memories made, and love keeps us ggoing hugs, Marjan

• thingy45
    Phil64 said:

Busy

Ray,

So glad

• tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Woohoo!

Wow! Exciting times! Those 3 little words make all the difference, don't they?Kiss

*hugs*

Gail

• dmj101
    dmj101 Member Posts: 527 Member
    So glad tp hear you had some

So glad tp hear you had some good visits..

I don't get on here much anymore but I was checking for you..

Love yu Ray. and praying for you..

-Donna

• k44454445
    k44454445 Member Posts: 494
    Doc

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your trip. That is wonderful that she said those 3 magical words! What a difference that makes. Take care of yourself & we all hope to hear from you soon.

prayers & hugs

judy