Chemo Hiccups!!!

olgrizz
olgrizz Member Posts: 16

Wow. Just wrapped up my first chemo session last Saturday on Folfiri and Avastin. Some nausea that pills handled, BUT, severe hiccups for 36 hours straight. Talk about wear you out. Everything from my waist to my chin hurt. They finally stopped about ten hours after my pump was disconnected. Anyne else have this happen? My first chemo was Xeloda and it was not too bad.

Comments

• angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
    My husband did

he told his dr ,  sorry i dont remember , but they did stop after a while,

my husband would be asleep and huccupng it was tough  good luck to u but i would be calling the dr for sure

michelle

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Not so much a hiccup

I get a belch like hiccup which just pops up no matter where I am. I was walking around Wal-Mart this morning and I just burp up this hiccup.

Luckily (VERY luckily) they are sporadic, and don't last long.

I hope your hiccup situation solves itself soon.  Be sure and tell your Oncologist.  

• LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    Thorazine!

Hi,

This may sound strange, but ask your doctor for a script for Thorazine - it works immediatey, and I simply can't understand why they don't offer this up front.

Take care,

Cynthia

• wawaju04976
    wawaju04976 Member Posts: 316 Member
    I got the hiccups during one

I got the hiccups during one of my txs. The nurse gave me a heaping tsp. of peanut butter. I was shocked...it worked. As long as you are allergic, you just eat that in one lump. She said she did learn something in nursing school!!!

Judy

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    I have had some severe

I have had some severe hiccups az well but not for that long. They would go away after repeatedly holding my breath.

• gizzyluv
    gizzyluv Member Posts: 143
    Hiccups.....

My husband got hiccups very bad after his first surgery & also once chemo started....we tried several things & the ONLY thing that worked is Thorazine! I saw someone else telling you about it also, so if I were you I'd get a prescription for it even if you don't have hiccups now, just to have for the future 'just in case'.....Good luck!

• gizzyluv
    gizzyluv Member Posts: 143
    Hiccups.....

My husband got hiccups very bad after his first surgery & also once chemo started....we tried several things & the ONLY thing that worked is Thorazine! I saw someone else telling you about it also, so if I were you I'd get a prescription for it even if you don't have hiccups now, just to have for the future 'just in case'.....Good luck!

• Meowycat
    Meowycat Member Posts: 66
    Chemo Hiccups

My mother just started Folfiri on Wednesday and she too is having severe hiccups for hours on end. She does not have the infusion pump and still has the hiccups along with severe thrush in her mouth. Thanks for listing this. I was racking my brain trying to figure out how to make it stop.