Castration

Rakendra
Rakendra Member Posts: 197 Member

I am finding that some Philippino doctors ae business men first, and Drs second.  After my operation, I now have two new testicles.  One is about the size of an oversize marble.  The other is about four times bigger.  It is huge, and it bothers me with the weight and size being uncomfortable when I sit.  I had the operation about three weeks ago.  Anybody heard about this?  The doctors here are like a close fraternity, and none will ever give an opinion that will reflect badly on another, so I cannot get a straight answer here.  Also, my well-to-do friends say they go out of the country to get any kind of surgery done. love, Rakendra

Comments

• Rakendra
    Castration

I went to a different Uro today.  When an orchiedectomy is performed, there is a stem that is left over.  This stem is then rolled up and sewn up, and has the appearance of a small testicle.  This is what I think of as my new one.  The right side probably is swollen from water retention.  I had an ultra sound done today and will see the results tomorrow.  Anyway this is info I have not seen before.

Most Uros will recommend ADT over castration.  The reason being that sometimes the elimination of testosterone does not delay the disease, and if one is castrated, well, that is forever, so ADT is preferred.  However, at 81, balls are losing their steam, and the loss is not so great.  I chose castration because I think a strong immune system is my best offense and defense, and I do not want to put uneccessary chemicals in my body.

love, Rakendra

• VascodaGama
    VascodaGama Member Posts: 3,641 Member
    Oversized marbles

I am glad to know about your orchiectomy. I also think that you chosen it right. The procedure in your case, will get you to conclusive proposes with equal outcomes, and avoiding any problem with the pituitary. ADT with agonists is for the ones that want or need to return to the “testosterone world”.

I think that you should inquire with the doctors in regards to the size of the testicles. Some doctors refill the scrotum sacs with implants so that one gets the same shape. But it is better to know exactly what is occurring.
    http://www.healthlinkbc.ca/kb/content/surgicaldetail/hw77950.html

I hope you get “full control” on the cancer and peace of mind.

VG

• Rakendra

Oversized marbles

I am glad to know about your orchiectomy. I also think that you chosen it right. The procedure in your case, will get you to conclusive proposes with equal outcomes, and avoiding any problem with the pituitary. ADT with agonists is for the ones that want or need to return to the “testosterone world”.

I think that you should inquire with the doctors in regards to the size of the testicles. Some doctors refill the scrotum sacs with implants so that one gets the same shape. But it is better to know exactly what is occurring.
    http://www.healthlinkbc.ca/kb/content/surgicaldetail/hw77950.html

I hope you get “full control” on the cancer and peace of mind.

VG

your help.

Vasco, you are the ONLY source that has total credibility and can be counted on with no need to check.  My experience is that there is no one whose opinion can be taken at once without lots of checking.  Anyone with this disease must take control and make their own decisions and take responsibility for them.  Either you are a very gifted doctor or a saint who takes the time to serve his brothers and sisters in the family of man.  I am grateful.

I  got the ultra sound report, and it was absurd.  The reading was "consider carcinoma in the right testicle".  The only problem is there is no right testicle.  Medicine in the USA must be a higher standard than in the Phills, but, nevertheless, much of opinion in PC is in the eye of the beholder.  Everyone needs to understand that a 3+3 to one pathologist may be 3+4 to another, or even worse.  Mistakes can be made and Doc opinions can be wrong.  It is your life, and you must take responsibility for all decisions.

My belief is that everything that comes into my life is for my benefit.  I have already received benefit from my advanced cancer. Some benefits are these:  A much greater  apreciation for the value of time and living only in the here and now.  A greater desire to prolong by life by diet changes, (now only raw foods, oatmeal, fresh juices.)  Added supplements that will strengthen the immune system.  A total understanding that I am responsible for moods and negativity has no place and gratitude does.  A closer bond with my wife and friends.  A new knowledge and understanding of my responsibility for my own health.  A total acceptance that I am responsible for everything that comes into my life, and that I have, at some level invited it.  And, I truly believe that this cancer experience may well increase my life span and not decrease it.  Actually my quality of life has improved.  I used to pee every hour at night.  Now, I sleep 31/2 hours, pee and sleep 3 1/2 more, and the leakage has stopped and the stream is much stronger.  Doc says it is because the prostate is shrinking and the castration is working.  

A very valuable meditation is called: The Ask.  In this, you relax, meditate and ask your cancer questions like: Why have you come into my body?  What is your message for me?  What am I missing that I need to see?  How can we work together for mutual benefit?  What do you want from me?  How can I take responsibility for this?

There are many questions to ask.  The idea is to work with the cancer instead of against it.  This kind of meditation can be very effective for pain and depression.  No need to  look for or expect answers.  It may take time.  Total acceptance of pain and disease can be a way to decrease its consequences, just as denial can increase the consequences.  love, Swami Rakendra