25th infusion

foxhd
foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member

I had my 25th infusion of MDX-1106 yesterday. My Dr. asked me, " Do you have any pain?" nope. "Night sweats?" nope. "diarrhea?" nope. "Constipation?" nope. "Fatigue?" nope."Mouth sores?" nope. Then she says, "I'll have to write that patient complains of feeling too good." Then I got my hug. I hope I can do this every 3 weeks.

Comments

• garym
    garym Member Posts: 1,647
    (No subject)

SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

• cran1
    cran1 Member Posts: 139
    You da man!

You da man!

• Blueraidermike
    Blueraidermike Member Posts: 25
    cran1 said:

You da man!

You da man!

You inspire me

Long time lurker, finally registered on the site to contribute.   I have watched you and love your attitude!    I am going to be apart of the the phase one trial with nivolumab /ipilimumab combo.     Should start in about 8 weeks.   

• todd121
    todd121 Member Posts: 1,448 Member
    Yay

What some guys won't go through for a little feminine affirmation. :)

Great news fox. Glad to hear it.

BTW, is MDX-1106 going to get a more user-friendly name at some point? It sounds like a Soviet missile defense system.

Todd

• todd121
    Yay

BTW, is MDX-1106 going to get a more user-friendly name at some point? It sounds like a Soviet missile defense system.

Todd

• todd121
    Yay

Todd

• Texas_wedge
    Texas_wedge Member Posts: 2,798
    todd121 said:

Yay

Todd

MDX-1106 aka BMS936558 aka ONO-4538 aka nivolumab

Todd, the generic  name is nivolumab. 

In due course, BMS will doubtless give it a brand name, once it's approved and ready for market.

• AprilandChuck
    AprilandChuck Member Posts: 110
    Love it :D

So happy for you!! and Hopeful for us all.. Chuck's Oncologist is getting us a schedule for infusions because once the IPI part is over we go to every 2 week infusions of just Anti PD1.. Chucks second infusion of both drugs in Monday.. he is very very hopeful about this course of treatment..his first scan after starting the treatment should come sometime at the begining of June.. I have started dreading scans.. but hoping this changes.. Fox you and other like you are an inspiration to us all.. Thank You!!

• Texas_wedge
    Texas_wedge Member Posts: 2,798

Love it :D

So happy for you!! and Hopeful for us all.. Chuck's Oncologist is getting us a schedule for infusions because once the IPI part is over we go to every 2 week infusions of just Anti PD1.. Chucks second infusion of both drugs in Monday.. he is very very hopeful about this course of treatment..his first scan after starting the treatment should come sometime at the begining of June.. I have started dreading scans.. but hoping this changes.. Fox you and other like you are an inspiration to us all.. Thank You!!

25th

We all got our 25th Fox-blood infusion - always makes us feel better.  Laughing

• BDS
    BDS Member Posts: 172
    25th infusion

Congrats Fox. Now the next time please ask the good Dr. when she thinks the FDA will spread the joy for the rest of us. - BDS.

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    BDS said:

25th infusion

Congrats Fox. Now the next time please ask the good Dr. when she thinks the FDA will spread the joy for the rest of us. - BDS.

Nivolumab

That is the name of MDX-1106.  I am happy to the core. The biggest side effect is that I am selfishly involved in my current treatment and am not as up to date in all the other treatments everyone else is recieving. I am just so thrilled not to be dead. I fully apologize for not being up to date and able to concentrate on all the options the rest of you guys are involved in. Expecting to be dead a year ago kind of takes the wind out of my sails in terms of knowing about other drugs people are using. I sometimes feel like the first guy climbing Mt. Everest. On the way up the goal excludes others who fall to the side and die in the snow. But I must concentrate on the prize. However, the point is to stay positive. Focus on the good. Eliminate the negative. Don't waste any valuable time you could spend with your loved ones. If one path is unnegotiable, find another. I often reitierate that it took me 4 oncologists before I found the wonderful woman who is saving my life. If I start from day one of symptoms, it is 5. Please don't forget that all forum participants. Keep pushing. Know your options. I got lucky. Maybe you will too. But it won't happen if you aren't aggressive. I don't take credit for being here. I hope that never comes across.  This is not the treatment I thought I was seeking. It is just amazing that the other Drs. never proposed this option to me. What the hell did I know about kidney cancer? Dr. Kluger at the Smilow cancer center at Yale New Haven knew what to do. I hope I didn't hurt her when I squeezed her yesterday. There is hope. Whatever treatment you recieve, do your best. Know that staying alive will make future options available. Nivolumab is being considered for a 2015 availability. Keep the faith. I will and forever share my Karma. Believe me. I love you guys. And this goes for all cancer victims. Actually anyone ill. One more very important point. I am not cured. But I AM living with cancer.

• I am alive
    I am alive Member Posts: 315
    foxhd said:

Nivolumab

That is the name of MDX-1106.  I am happy to the core. The biggest side effect is that I am selfishly involved in my current treatment and am not as up to date in all the other treatments everyone else is recieving. I am just so thrilled not to be dead. I fully apologize for not being up to date and able to concentrate on all the options the rest of you guys are involved in. Expecting to be dead a year ago kind of takes the wind out of my sails in terms of knowing about other drugs people are using. I sometimes feel like the first guy climbing Mt. Everest. On the way up the goal excludes others who fall to the side and die in the snow. But I must concentrate on the prize. However, the point is to stay positive. Focus on the good. Eliminate the negative. Don't waste any valuable time you could spend with your loved ones. If one path is unnegotiable, find another. I often reitierate that it took me 4 oncologists before I found the wonderful woman who is saving my life. If I start from day one of symptoms, it is 5. Please don't forget that all forum participants. Keep pushing. Know your options. I got lucky. Maybe you will too. But it won't happen if you aren't aggressive. I don't take credit for being here. I hope that never comes across.  This is not the treatment I thought I was seeking. It is just amazing that the other Drs. never proposed this option to me. What the hell did I know about kidney cancer? Dr. Kluger at the Smilow cancer center at Yale New Haven knew what to do. I hope I didn't hurt her when I squeezed her yesterday. There is hope. Whatever treatment you recieve, do your best. Know that staying alive will make future options available. Nivolumab is being considered for a 2015 availability. Keep the faith. I will and forever share my Karma. Believe me. I love you guys. And this goes for all cancer victims. Actually anyone ill. One more very important point. I am not cured. But I AM living with cancer.

Feeling the Karma

Hugs to you, Fox.

• DMike
    DMike Member Posts: 259
    Congrats!

Yay Fox! I'm very happy for you!

--David

• alice124
    alice124 Member Posts: 896 Member
    foxhd said:

Nivolumab

Nivolumab - #25!

#25 - Congratulations!  Thank you for continuing to WOW us with that positive attitude.

And P.S. - we love you right back!

• MDCinSC
    MDCinSC Member Posts: 574
    In case no one mentioned it,

YOU ROCK!Cool

• alice124
    alice124 Member Posts: 896 Member

You inspire me

Long time lurker, finally registered on the site to contribute.   I have watched you and love your attitude!    I am going to be apart of the the phase one trial with nivolumab /ipilimumab combo.     Should start in about 8 weeks.   

Nivolumab

Will be interested in following your particiipation in the upcoming trial.  Good luck!

• Mikeyswife
    Mikeyswife Member Posts: 31
    Not in Vain

Your kidney cancer journey has not been in vain.  The inspiration you give all of us is unbelievable.  And I agree, you do RockCool.

• Limelife50
    Limelife50 Member Posts: 476
    foxhd said:

Nivolumab

Great

Glad to hear you are doing as good as you are Fox

• feistyD
    feistyD Member Posts: 21
    17 infusions

Ditto to everything you said, foxhd. I have had 17 infusions of another anti-PD-1 drug, MK 3475 (lambrolizumab) for NSCLC and no diarrhea, no fever, no breathing problems, not nothing! -just some itchy red spots. A yeat ago I also thought I wouldn't see my daughter graduate from college. Yet I just ordered the tickets for the ceremony in June! Driving across L.A. in rush hour traffic every three weeks is a pleasure, just to get my MK 3475. Yes, I still have Stage IV lung cancer, but nobody knows it from looking at me. My drug has just been given breakthrough status, so hopefully we'll see it become available in a couple of years. I come on this site because  I don't know anyone else with lung cancer in an anti-PD-1 trial. And I also worship my smart onc at USC/Norris who got me in this trial.

• feistyD
    feistyD Member Posts: 21
    17 infusions

Ditto to everything you said, foxhd. I have had 17 infusions of another anti-PD-1 drug, MK 3475 (lambrolizumab) for NSCLC and no diarrhea, no fever, no breathing problems, no nothing! -just some itchy red spots. A year ago I also thought I wouldn't see my daughter graduate from college. Yet I just ordered the tickets for the ceremony in June! Driving across L.A. in rush hour traffic every three weeks is a pleasure, just to get my MK 3475. Yes, I still have Stage IV lung cancer, but nobody knows it from looking at me. My drug has just been given breakthrough status, so hopefully we'll see it become available in a couple of years. I come on this site because  I don't know hardly anyone else with lung cancer in an anti-PD-1 trial. And I also worship my smart onc at USC/Norris who got me in this trial. My first onc never said a word. Second opinions are a must. And I take every opportunity to spread the word.