Too Late?

Noctonaut
Noctonaut Member Posts: 2

I realize that accurate answers will only be provided when all tests are done and the doctor looks things over, and is in the process now.

The only symptoms I have are two things:  1)  Feeling like there's a "knot" of some sort on the ride side of my chest (on the inside - can literally feel "something" in there), but it doesn't hurt.  Just that "knotty" feeling with a tightness/heaviness.  2)  My right knee is swollen.  There is only mild pain associated with this with movement, none when still.  I did not have any injury to cause it - it just came on.

I'm going in next week for tests.  The doctor said an x-ray showed a "spot" on my right lung, but he didn't sound horribly concerned.  But he wants more tests to rule out the worst.

I don't have anything else going on.  No coughing at all.  Very little shortness of breath, and even then only with exerting activity.  No shortness of breath at all with light activity or when still.  No flu/pneumonia/bronchitis of any sort in years.

If the tests show it actually is bad news - if I'm having the symptoms I'm having, doesn't that mean it would most likely already be advanced and too late?  The thing is, this feeling I described on the right side has actually been going off and on for a year and a half now, but I just didn't think much of it (stupid, I know).

I'm sorry.  I hope I can come back here next week and say I was panicking about nothing and it wasn't that, but he's really got me worried.  And now after researching on Google, I'm downright terrified.

Comments

• elisa60
    elisa60 Member Posts: 2
    Too Late ?

Stay Positive... Alot of spots are just shadows.  If not, listen here;  My husband was diagnosed Aug. 2009 with limited stage small cell in the left lung. He had one right medialstinal lymph node affected, as well as different nodes in the left.  One well known Cancer Institute just said to get his affairs in order....**** ! We went back to the Buffalo VA for treatment , and Opted for the clinical trial.  Here it is April 2013 and he is still riding his Harley.   Mostly stay positive and kick its butt. 

• Noctonaut
    Noctonaut Member Posts: 2
    elisa60 said:

Too Late ?

Stay Positive... Alot of spots are just shadows.  If not, listen here;  My husband was diagnosed Aug. 2009 with limited stage small cell in the left lung. He had one right medialstinal lymph node affected, as well as different nodes in the left.  One well known Cancer Institute just said to get his affairs in order....**** ! We went back to the Buffalo VA for treatment , and Opted for the clinical trial.  Here it is April 2013 and he is still riding his Harley.   Mostly stay positive and kick its butt. 

Thanks so much, and I'm

Thanks so much, and I'm definitely trying to stay positive.  Oh, one thing I forgot, also this "tightness" sometimes extends right to the center of my chest (not heart stuff, like I can literally feel the tightness "spreading" to the center as well sometimes).  The weird thing though is that if I change position - like I stand up, it's INSTANTLY gone.  ALL of it.  Even sitting in different chairs, and it's just not there.  Like posture somehow really affects it.  Very strange.

I'm up and down right now.  One minute I think it'll be fine - it will be something else and I'll feel like an idiot.  Or even if it IS that, then I'm going to beat it, period.  And then I have these moments that I just know it's not good and that because I'm even feeling these symptoms it's too late and my goose is cooked.