signet ring cell carcinoma stomach stage 3 prognosis

anusha
anusha Member Posts: 5

my dad is diagnosed with poorly differentiated adenocarcinoma(signet ring cell) and underwent total gastrectomy with d2 lymph nodal resection...dont know the staging yet..and we were told that he needs chemo plus radiation...is anyone out there with the same condition and survived through chemo and radiation and is cancer free?

Comments

• Robleyd
    Robleyd Member Posts: 12
    Hi Anusha; I also had poorly

Hi Anusha; I also had poorly differentiated adenocarcinoma cancer of stomach, and had 23 lymphs notes that had cancer. I had mine removed alone with all 30 lymphs notes and some part of my esophagus. This was 30 Nov 2011. I had ony 2 sescens of chemo for a total of 9 days, then quit as  the chemo was killing me. I am doing fine and as of my last CT Scan, on 19 Mar 2013 I was still cancer free. I have learned what I can eat, which is most anything I want, and does no aggre with me.

That said, there is a better web site fr stomach cancer  then this, it is on Facebook. Just do a search for Stomach Cancer Warrers & Garegivers,, then ask to join. Severay dozzen people are on that page every day, and ALL are very helpfull.  Regards Robley

• Robleyd
    Robleyd Member Posts: 12

Hi Anusha; I also had poorly differentiated adenocarcinoma cancer of stomach, and had 23 lymphs notes that had cancer. I had mine removed alone with all 30 lymphs notes and some part of my esophagus. This was 30 Nov 2011. I had ony 2 sescens of chemo for a total of 9 days, then quit as  the chemo was killing me. I am doing fine and as of my last CT Scan, on 19 Mar 2013 I was still cancer free. I have learned what I can eat, which is most anything I want, and does no aggre with me.

That said, there is a better web site fr stomach cancer  then this, it is on Facebook. Just do a search for Stomach Cancer Warrers & Garegivers,, then ask to join. Severay dozzen people are on that page every day, and ALL are very helpfull.  Regards Robley

• anusha
    anusha Member Posts: 5
    Robleyd said:

Hi Robley

Hi Robley thanks for your reply....my dad just underwent surgery to remove entire stomach..he's recovering...my family is praying for his good health..our oncologist said he needs chemo and radiation...i hope he copes up with the treatment....

• ShellyR
    ShellyR Member Posts: 1
    Robleyd said:

Just reading this...my father

Just reading this...my father has been diagnosed and they had him do a very aggressive chemo first and then went in to do surgery and opened and closed again stating it was now in the abdomen also.   Can I ask where you went and maybe where you are located.   I wonder why they didnt do the surgery first?   We are very worried now and they are doing more chemo but the prognosis doesnt look as positive after the first 5 chemos and then being off chemo for 6 weeks.

• Dan German
    Dan German Member Posts: 7
    ShellyR said:

Just reading this...my father

Just reading this...my father has been diagnosed and they had him do a very aggressive chemo first and then went in to do surgery and opened and closed again stating it was now in the abdomen also.   Can I ask where you went and maybe where you are located.   I wonder why they didnt do the surgery first?   We are very worried now and they are doing more chemo but the prognosis doesnt look as positive after the first 5 chemos and then being off chemo for 6 weeks.

Stomach cancer treatment

Hi Shelly,

I was diagnosed with Stage IV gastric cancer in 2012. We did 8 rather aggresive chemo treatments over a 4 month period which were effective and I tolerated them better than most. I would not have been eligible for surgery if the chemo had not helped shrink the tumor but thank God it did. There were a few weeks between the end of chemo and the surgery when I felt very good.

My surgery was January 2013, a total gastrectomy with HIPEC (100+ degree chemo circulated through the abdominal cavity). The recovery was difficult at times and the help of family and friends kept me strong and positive. After a few weeks, I had 4 more chemo sessions. They were a little harder on me than the first 8. I am now over 2 years with clean scans.

While everyones case is different, I will answer any questions you have to the best of my ability. Best of luck to your Dad & you.

• peymankhodro
    peymankhodro Member Posts: 1

Stomach cancer treatment

Hi Shelly,

I was diagnosed with Stage IV gastric cancer in 2012. We did 8 rather aggresive chemo treatments over a 4 month period which were effective and I tolerated them better than most. I would not have been eligible for surgery if the chemo had not helped shrink the tumor but thank God it did. There were a few weeks between the end of chemo and the surgery when I felt very good.

My surgery was January 2013, a total gastrectomy with HIPEC (100+ degree chemo circulated through the abdominal cavity). The recovery was difficult at times and the help of family and friends kept me strong and positive. After a few weeks, I had 4 more chemo sessions. They were a little harder on me than the first 8. I am now over 2 years with clean scans.

While everyones case is different, I will answer any questions you have to the best of my ability. Best of luck to your Dad & you.

gastric stage 4

Hi,

I hope you are doing well. I read about your sucess story and I rerally wonder when you went into surgery if you had Asctitice or fluid retantion problem or not?

I will appriciate if you help me.

Peyman

• Dan German
    Dan German Member Posts: 7

gastric stage 4

Hi,

I hope you are doing well. I read about your sucess story and I rerally wonder when you went into surgery if you had Asctitice or fluid retantion problem or not?

I will appriciate if you help me.

Peyman

Gastric Stage 4

Hi Peyman,

I am doing well, thank you.

My experience with chemo was better than most of the people I have talked to. I was able to keep my work out routine and was quite healthy (if you don't count the big tumor in my stomach) so I had no issues when I reported for surgery. The time between chemo and surgery was the best I had felt in over a year.

Hope this helps,

Dan

• K-leb78
    K-leb78 Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2018 #9
    Robleyd said:

I was diagnosed with diffuse gastric cancer

Hi Robleyd,how are you doing now.what have you been using?any advise with nutrition please