A break from cancer ... signs of Spring photos anyone?

devotion10
devotion10 Member Posts: 623 Member
edited April 2013 in Colorectal Cancer #1

Grab a camera or your cell phone, take a walk outside, look for signs of Spring, and post photos here. Smile

I'll start with this one ... there is not much here yet in the north... but, there is promise.

Best to all -- Cynthia

It is spring again. The earth is like a child that knows poems by heart.

Annalexandria kindly provided these instructions in a previous post to help those who may not know how to upload a photograph into their post:

You click on "insert image" (the little blue/green icon in the tool bar below "comment")

Insert/edit Image box pops up, click on the little box at the end of the Image URL box (says "browse" when you hover over it with cursor)

File Browser box pops up, click on "upload" in upper left hand corner

New box opens, click on "choose file"

This takes you to the area where you can access photos on your computer (in my case, my photos are on Iphoto, for example), select photo there to add.  (You have to click on "insert" two more times to get the photo into the comment box).

Comments

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    I missed my chance to take a spring picture...

should have done it last week when we had wonderful sunny weather!  Now we're back to our more typical rain and wind, with occasional sun breaks.  So instead of a personal shot, here's a pic of the cherry blossoms on the campus at the University of WA...we planned to walk over to see them but they are all probably on the ground by now.

• devotion10
    devotion10 Member Posts: 623 Member

should have done it last week when we had wonderful sunny weather!  Now we're back to our more typical rain and wind, with occasional sun breaks.  So instead of a personal shot, here's a pic of the cherry blossoms on the campus at the University of WA...we planned to walk over to see them but they are all probably on the ground by now.

AA! Absolutely beautiful ... Don't know if

This post will take off but I am desperate to take a cancer break and see some lovely images ;) -- C

• annalexandria

AA! Absolutely beautiful ... Don't know if

This post will take off but I am desperate to take a cancer break and see some lovely images ;) -- C

Here's another local one...

our tulip fields that are now in bloom.  People come from all over to see them.

• joemetz
    joemetz Member Posts: 493

wow!

Annalexandria... you must post more!

wow!  I love your pics!

I have a couple in mind and plan to snap some pics this week to share!

great idea

• joemetz
    joemetz Member Posts: 493
    Love this!

Devotion10

I love this pic.

this really shows the strength of these little flowers... growing amoung the dead leaves and heavy stones.

resembles new life, growing after a hard winter.

Like growing our hair back, after a long chemo battle... new life, new opportunities and sunshine ahead!!!

• annalexandria
    joemetz said:

wow!

Annalexandria... you must post more!

wow!  I love your pics!

I have a couple in mind and plan to snap some pics this week to share!

great idea

Just to clarify,

I didn't take these!  I wish I had the skill to get shots that good. My pictures all involve headless people and weird colors.  These I pulled from the internet, but they are from my neck of the woods, at least.

• AnnLouise
    AnnLouise Member Posts: 276 Member
    My first daffodils ....

Daffodils

• AnnLouise

Just to clarify,

I didn't take these!  I wish I had the skill to get shots that good. My pictures all involve headless people and weird colors.  These I pulled from the internet, but they are from my neck of the woods, at least.

Beautiful pictures, Ann

Spring has not found us in Chicago yet, but we are getting closer! My daffodils are almost ready to bloom! Can't wait to plant my flowers and veggies....Thanks for sharing those gorgeous pictures.....I am so ready for spring! ~Ann.     

Just found some blooming daffodils!!!!!!!

• AnnLouise
    What a beautiful idea.....Cynthia

Precious little yellow flowers......Happy spring!!   ~Ann

• PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    NYC Daffodil

Hot off the press! I took this today. It was about 75 out!

• maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    PhillieG said:

NYC Daffodil

spring hike

• maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    maglets said:

spring hike

sorry

sorry guys just no flowers here yet.  This is me with daughter and SIL on spring hike....still lots of snow as you can see but any little bit of sun is a blessing. We had just hiked several kilometers through heavy snow.....yikes it was such hard work....this old girl was pooped...mags

• annalexandria
    maglets said:

sorry

sorry guys just no flowers here yet.  This is me with daughter and SIL on spring hike....still lots of snow as you can see but any little bit of sun is a blessing. We had just hiked several kilometers through heavy snow.....yikes it was such hard work....this old girl was pooped...mags

I'm impressed!

I couldn't walk that far in perfect conditions, let alone in snow.  You go, girl!

AA

• annalexandria
    PhillieG said:

NYC Daffodil

75 in NY?

You guys have had some wild weather this year...hope you get a beautiful spring to make up for it!

ETA this is to Phil...wish comments would go were you want 'em to.

• Helen321
    Helen321 Member Posts: 1,459 Member

WOW!  I've never seen tulip

WOW!  I've never seen tulip fields and I'd drive to see those for sure!!!!

• Helen321
    Helen321 Member Posts: 1,459 Member
    maglets said:

spring hike

You all have that hike over,

You all have that hike over, time for a nap look!  lol

• Coloncancerblows
    Coloncancerblows Member Posts: 296 Member

Gorgeous trees!  I'd love to

Gorgeous trees!  I'd love to sit under here and read a book.

• Coloncancerblows
    Coloncancerblows Member Posts: 296 Member

Oh my gosh....gorgeous

Oh my gosh....gorgeous flowers!

• PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    NYC - Underground (Sort of)

ceiling

• Spring Isn't As Dramatic in Sunshine State, but...

we still enjoy the outdoors and a good hike.  Here are two photos from a recent hike we completed at Hickey's Creek Mitigation Park near Fort Myers, FL. 

We encountered this fellow in the "southbound slow lane" while we were northbound on the trail.  Judging from "the look" guess he thought we were "hiking too fast."

Here we encountered an endangered Gopher Tortoise in the "southbound slow lane" while we were in the norhbound lane.  Judging from the look he gave us, he likely thought we were "hiking too fast."  The picture was taken with a zoom lens to avoid disturbing this fellow as he appeared to be on his way home for dinner. 

My wife Jan checking out a flowering bloom.

My wife of 39 years checking out a lovely flowering bloom along the trail. 

It always good to get outside and enjoy nature.  Thanks to all for sharing your nature photos and experiences.  Great shots of some beautiful natural landscapes.

Rick