Cancer Update From John Hopkins Research

Rakendra
Rakendra Member Posts: 197 Member

Starve Cancer cells to kill cancer before it kills you

Cancer Advise -- from John Hopkins There are some do's and don'ts…… at the end you may find interesting.

AFTER YEARS OF TELLING PEOPLE CHEMOTHERAPY IS THE ONLY WAY TO TRY (TRY THE KEY WORD) AND ELIMINATE CANCER, JOHN HOPKINS IS FINALLY STARTING TO TELL YOU THERE IS AN ALTERNATIVE WAY .

Cancer Update from John Hopkins

1Every person has cancer cells in the body. These cancer cells do not show up in the standard tests until they have multiplied to a few billion. When doctors tell cancer patients that there are no more cancer cells in their bodies after treatment, it just means the tests are unable to detect the cancer cells because they have not reached the detectable size.

2Cancer cells occur between 6 to more than 10 times in a person's lifetime

3When the person's immune system is strong the cancer cells will be destroyed and prevented from multiplying and forming tumors.

4. When a person has cancer it indicates the person has multiple nutritional deficiencies. These could be due to genetic, environmental, food and lifestyle factors.

5. To overcome the multiple nutritional deficiencies, changing diet and including supplements will strengthen the immune system.

6. Chemotherapy involves poisoning the rapidly-growing cancer cells and also destroys rapidly-growing healthy cells in the bone marrow, gastro-intestinal tract etc, and can cause organ damage, like liver, kidneys, heart, lungs etc.

7. Radiation while destroying cancer cells also burns, scars and damages healthy cells, tissues and organs.

8. Initial treatment with chemotherapy and radiation will often reduce tumor size. However prolonged use of chemotherapy and radiation do not result in more tumor destruction.

9 When the body has too much toxic burden from chemotherapy and radiation the immune system is either compromised or destroyed, hence the person can succumb to various kinds of infections and complications.

10. Chemotherapy and radiation can cause cancer cells to mutate and become resistant and difficult to destroy. Surgery can also cause cancer cells to spread to other sites.

11. An effective way to battle cancer is to starve the cancer cells by not feeding it with the foods it needs to multiply.

CANCER CELLS FEED ON:

a. Sugar is a cancer-feeder. By cutting off sugar it cuts off one important food supply to the cancer cells. Sugar substitutes like NutraSweet, Equal,Spoonful, etc are made with Aspartame and it is harmful. A better natural substitute would be Manuka honey or molasses but only in very small amounts. Table salt has a chemical added to make it white in color. Better alternative is Bragg's aminos or sea salt.

b. Milk causes the body to produce mucus, especially in the gastro-intestinal tract. Cancer feeds on mucus. By cutting off milk and substituting with unsweetened soya milk cancer cells are being starved.

c. Cancer cells thrive in an acid environment. A meat-based diet is acidic and it is best to eat fish, and a little chicken rather than beef or pork. Meat also contains livestock antibiotics, growth hormones and parasites, which are all harmful, especially to people with cancer.

d. A diet made of 80% fresh vegetables and juice, whole grains,seeds, nuts and a little fruits help put the body into an alkaline environment.About 20% can be from cooked food including beans. Fresh vegetable juices provide live enzymes that are easily absorbed and reach down to cellular levels within 15 minutes to nourish and enhance growth of healthy cells. To obtain live enzymes for building healthy cells try and drink fresh vegetable juice (most vegetables including bean sprouts)and eat some raw vegetables 2 or 3 times a day. Enzymes are destroyed at temperatures of 104 degrees F (40 degrees C).

e. Avoid coffee, tea, and chocolate, which have high caffeine.Green tea is a better alternative and has cancer-fighting properties. Water-best to drink purified water, or filtered, to avoid known toxins and heavy metals in tap water. Distilled water is acidic, avoid it.

12. Meat protein is difficult to digest and requires a lot of digestive enzymes. Undigested meat remaining in the intestines become putrified and leads to more toxic buildup.

13. Cancer cell walls have a tough protein covering. By refraining from or eating less meat it frees more enzymes to attack the protein walls of cancer cells and allows the body's killer cells to destroy the cancer cells.

14. Some supplements build up the immune system (IP6, Flor-ssence,Essiac, anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, EFAs etc.) to enable the body's own killer cells to destroy cancer cells. Other supplements like vitamin E are known to cause apoptosis, or programmed cell death, the body's normal method of disposing of damaged, unwanted, or unneeded cells.

15. Cancer is a disease of the mind, body, and spirit. A proactive and positive spirit will help the cancer warrior be a survivor. Anger, unforgiveness and bitterness put the body into a stressful and acidic environment. Learn to have a loving and forgiving spirit. Learn to relax and enjoy life.

16. Cancer cells cannot thrive in an oxygenated environment.Exercising daily, and deep breathing help to get more oxygen down to the cellular level. Oxygen therapy is another means employed to destroy cancer cells.

(PLEASE FORWARD IT TO PEOPLE YOU CARE ABOUT) CANCER
UPDATE FROM JOHN HOPKINS HOSPITAL , U S - PLEASE
READ ON

1. No plastic containers in micro.

2. No water bottles in freezer.

3. No plastic wrap in microwave.

Johns Hopkins has recently sent this out in its newsletters. This information is being circulated at Walter Reed Army Medical Center as well. Dioxin chemicals causes cancer, especially breast cancer. Dioxins are highly poisonous to the cells of our bodies. Don't freeze your plastic bottles with water in them as this releases dioxins from the plastic.Recently, Dr. Edward Fujimoto, Wellness Program Manager at CastleHospital , was on a TV program to explain this health hazard. He talked about dioxins and how bad they are for us.. He said that we should not be heating our food in the microwave using plastic containers. This especially applies to foods that contain fat. He said that the combination of fat, high heat, and plastics releases dioxin into the food and ultimately into the cells of the body. Instead, he recommends using glass, such as Corning Ware, Pyrex or ceramic containers for heating food. You get the same results, only without the dioxin. So such things as TV dinners, instant ramen and soups, etc., should be removed from the container and heated in something else. Paper isn't bad but you don't know what is in the paper. It's just safer to use tempered glass, Corning Ware, etc. He reminded us that a while ago some of the fast food restaurants moved away from the foam containers to
paper. The dioxin problem is one of the reasons. Also, he pointed out that plastic wrap, such as Saran, is just as dangerous when placed over foods to be cooked in the microwave. As the food is nuked, the high heat causes poisonous toxins to actually melt out of the plastic wrap and drip into the food. Cover food with a paper towel instead. This is an article that should be sent to anyone important in your life.

Comments

• SeattleJ
    SeattleJ Member Posts: 32
    Study Link

Not that I doubt the the advantages of nutrition (my daughter is a Registered Dietician) but can you link to the study? The hospital and research center is Johns Hopkins and when you Google John Hopkins and click on John Hopkins Cancer Diet you get a website for Beat Cancer which is not affiliated with Johns Hopkins.

John

• Kongo
    Kongo Member Posts: 1,166 Member
    SeattleJ said:

Study Link

Not that I doubt the the advantages of nutrition (my daughter is a Registered Dietician) but can you link to the study? The hospital and research center is Johns Hopkins and when you Google John Hopkins and click on John Hopkins Cancer Diet you get a website for Beat Cancer which is not affiliated with Johns Hopkins.

John

John Hopkins Newsletter

The John Hopkins newsletters are published by a civilian company that pays to use the John Hopkins logo.  They produce a variety of similar websites for other institutions.  This is not a research or physician group although they quote doctors. 

• hopeful and optimistic
    hopeful and optimistic Member Posts: 2,339 Member
    Dear Swami Rakendra

Thank you for the post.

I've incorporated most of the recommendations in my own life style..

I have a question about 14. "Other supplements like vitamin E are known to cause apoptosis, or programmed cell death, the body's normal method of disposing of damaged, unwanted, or unneeded cells."since I there are studies that I have seen , The Select Study and another study by the Cleaveland clinic that show large doses of vitamin e promote prostate cancer.

Here is a definition of apoptosis that I came across:

ploaded on Sep 8, 2007

aka Cell Death. Apoptosis is a process where a cell is degraded in order for it to be ultimately engulfed and recycled. Apoptosis can occur when a cell has become mutated and is on the verge of becoming a cancer. Apoptosis is also the reason why we don't have webbed hands and feet.

What basically happens is that the killer t cell communicates with the diseased cell by adhering to it by binding its death ligand to the death receptor on the diseased cell. This causes adapter proteins to attach to the cytosolic side of the receptor. This leads to a signal cascade which involves the recruitment of various other proteins and ultimately results in the death of the cell.

• VascodaGama
    VascodaGama Member Posts: 3,638 Member
    The missing Résumé

In fact the majority of us know about the items listed here by Rakendra. No matter what we choose we always are subjected to the risks and side effects of any form of treatment. My take is that we choose a way out of the problem in moderation. A concluding remark will resume in;

“…The best way to treat cancer is to avoid it invoking a fit, balanced diet and healthy life style; opting for clean and natural environments, and the best medical care one can afford.
    Else, get proper diagnosis before engaging on a treatment, is that for chemo, radiation, surgery or any bodily function/manipulation to starve and kill the cancer.”

• mrspjd
    mrspjd Member Posts: 694 Member
    SeattleJ said:

Study Link

John

Johns Hopkins

According to the website http://www.hoax-slayer.com/cancer-tips-john-hopkins.shtml  this info has been floating around in forwarded emails since 2008.  The website states: “None of the claims in the message were published or in any way endorsed by Johns Hopkins. In fact, Johns Hopkins has released a statement denying any involvement. While some of the anti-cancer tips may contain elements of truth, the fact that they are not supported by Johns Hopkins as claimed in the message robs them of credibility.” 

BTW, the correct spelling is Johns Hopkins not John Hopkins (notice the ‘S’ in Johns).  If the info actually came from a Johns Hopkins Newsletter, no doubt they would have spelled the name of their esteemed institution correctly!

Be Well.

• milo7523
    milo7523 Member Posts: 1
    Johns Hopkins cancer nutrition hoax

Rakendra, this information you have listed is a well-known hoax. JHU explains this clearly here:

http://www.cancer.org/aboutus/howwehelpyou/cancer-update-from-johns-hopkins

I repeat: This information is from a hoax "newsletter" article that has circulated online for years. Your post just makes the misinformation that much worse. Unscientific information can be very harmful to people with serious illness.

• Rakendra
    milo7523 said:

Johns Hopkins cancer nutrition hoax

Rakendra, this information you have listed is a well-known hoax. JHU explains this clearly here:

http://www.cancer.org/aboutus/howwehelpyou/cancer-update-from-johns-hopkins

I repeat: This information is from a hoax "newsletter" article that has circulated online for years. Your post just makes the misinformation that much worse. Unscientific information can be very harmful to people with serious illness.

Milo, thank you for your dissenting opinion.  However, one reason I posted this is because it embodies many of the very principals I believe in.  I read the reference.  IMHO, I do not see the misinformation that you do, nor do I see how it makes anything worse, nor do I see anything that could be harmful.  However, I am grateful that you brought this information to my atention and to others.  As with anything posted on the Net, everyone has to take responsibility for any information that they decide to use or believe.  love, swami

• leroytyrone
    leroytyrone Member Posts: 1
    Rakendra said:

Milo, thank you for your dissenting opinion.  However, one reason I posted this is because it embodies many of the very principals I believe in.  I read the reference.  IMHO, I do not see the misinformation that you do, nor do I see how it makes anything worse, nor do I see anything that could be harmful.  However, I am grateful that you brought this information to my atention and to others.  As with anything posted on the Net, everyone has to take responsibility for any information that they decide to use or believe.  love, swami

Misleading post

I actually agree with many of the points outlined in the quoted article, and I would never engage in a course of chemotherapy (I'm lucky to have traditional Chinese doctor for a brother-in-law). However, your opinion that you "do not see the misinformation" is seriously flawed. The top of the article clearly states "Cancer Update from John Hopkins". This is seriously misleading misinformation that could leave the reader assuming that this information actually came from the Johns Hopkins University, which it most certainly did not. By perpetuating this lie, you do harm to the researchers who are exploring alternatives to chemotherapy and undermine the ability for researchers to be taken seriously when it comes time to disseminate their findings. I would recommend that you remove the (misspelled) reference to "John Hopkins".

• ob66
    ob66 Member Posts: 227 Member
    mrspjd said:

Johns Hopkins

According to the website http://www.hoax-slayer.com/cancer-tips-john-hopkins.shtml  this info has been floating around in forwarded emails since 2008.  The website states: “None of the claims in the message were published or in any way endorsed by Johns Hopkins. In fact, Johns Hopkins has released a statement denying any involvement. While some of the anti-cancer tips may contain elements of truth, the fact that they are not supported by Johns Hopkins as claimed in the message robs them of credibility.” 

BTW, the correct spelling is Johns Hopkins not John Hopkins (notice the ‘S’ in Johns).  If the info actually came from a Johns Hopkins Newsletter, no doubt they would have spelled the name of their esteemed institution correctly!

Be Well.

Scientific integrity

I completely agree that scientific integrity is critical, especially when we are all deciding on treatment formats.

I also find it harmful that someone implies Johns Hopkins publishing/endorsing when Johns Hopkins does not.

So on those counts bad, bad, bad.

At the same time I find most (not sure about all) the claims to be pretty consistent with what I know to be good dietary habits in relation to one's prostate cancer. So, even that we disapprove the covered source of the message, do most on this site disapprove or disagree with the specific recommendations?

I wish that somehow the headline on Rawendra's post could be edited, now that the above information has come out. Hopefully, cancer victims read the whole thread.

Many of the recommendations are very similar to the UCSF dietary recommendations. Some of the rational may be a reach---that I do not know.

• ob66
    mrspjd said:

Johns Hopkins

Be Well.

Scientific integrity

I completely agree that scientific integrity is critical, especially when we are all deciding on treatment formats.

I also find it harmful that someone implies Johns Hopkins publishing/endorsing when Johns Hopkins does not.

So on those counts bad, bad, bad.

At the same time I find most (not sure about all) the claims to be pretty consistent with what I know to be good dietary habits in relation to one's prostate cancer. So, even that we disapprove the covered source of the message, do most on this site disapprove or disagree with the specific recommendations?

I wish that somehow the headline on Rawendra's post could be edited, now that the above information has come out. Hopefully, cancer victims read the whole thread.

Many of the recommendations are very similar to the UCSF dietary recommendations. Some of the rational may be a reach---that I do not know.

• Rakendra

Hello.  Well,lets play, the board needs some funny stuff sometimes.  OK, I take full responsibility for what I have written, and will pay damages to all who suffered or will suffer in the future from my erroneous post.

"By perpetuating this lie, you do harm to the researchers who are exploring alternatives to chemotherapy and undermine the ability for researchers to be taken seriously when it comes time to disseminate their findings."

Now I can readily see how I have harmed researchers and undermined their ability as well - my opinions and posts have great weight with the medical community and the general public as well, as you and others know so well.  Good old John Hopkins just does not have it  right, and from now on, I will call him Jack Hopkins in future posts.  However, I do not see that I can edit the post at this point in time.

Now, I will also now expound the Swami Rakendra patented cure-all for prostate cancer!!!!!  I am currently  on a Ketogenic diet, which is definitely NOT for sissies.  It is high on fat and protein and low on calories.  No fruit, sugar,grains, no Meat (for me) and veggies are only kale, spinach, cauliflower,brocoli and asparagus.  Check it out on the net.  The idea is that cancer cannot grow without glucose, so you fast for 2 or 3 days to burn the glucose, then you body converts to living on fat.  My friend Jack Hopkins recommended this to me after he did it for three months.  The result was that the cancer disappeared and his balls grew back from his castration.  They were not as big as before, but Jack says they work even better.  I am not sure how my cancer is doing after three weeks, but already I am getting a small amount of testical growth!!! I also do breathing exercises with a tube and cup I got on the internet for $50.  Actually, this works good, and I like it.  And it keeps me in shape for when my balls grow back and I will be doing that good old heavy passionate breating again!!!!   But this diet is not for body builders!!!

Anyway, Leroy, do not take things too seriously.  Life is short, and always live love, and celebrate all that comes into your life.

With the warmest regards, Swami Nirav Rakendra.  

• ob66
    Rakendra said:

Hello.  Well,lets play, the board needs some funny stuff sometimes.  OK, I take full responsibility for what I have written, and will pay damages to all who suffered or will suffer in the future from my erroneous post.

"By perpetuating this lie, you do harm to the researchers who are exploring alternatives to chemotherapy and undermine the ability for researchers to be taken seriously when it comes time to disseminate their findings."

Now I can readily see how I have harmed researchers and undermined their ability as well - my opinions and posts have great weight with the medical community and the general public as well, as you and others know so well.  Good old John Hopkins just does not have it  right, and from now on, I will call him Jack Hopkins in future posts.  However, I do not see that I can edit the post at this point in time.

Now, I will also now expound the Swami Rakendra patented cure-all for prostate cancer!!!!!  I am currently  on a Ketogenic diet, which is definitely NOT for sissies.  It is high on fat and protein and low on calories.  No fruit, sugar,grains, no Meat (for me) and veggies are only kale, spinach, cauliflower,brocoli and asparagus.  Check it out on the net.  The idea is that cancer cannot grow without glucose, so you fast for 2 or 3 days to burn the glucose, then you body converts to living on fat.  My friend Jack Hopkins recommended this to me after he did it for three months.  The result was that the cancer disappeared and his balls grew back from his castration.  They were not as big as before, but Jack says they work even better.  I am not sure how my cancer is doing after three weeks, but already I am getting a small amount of testical growth!!! I also do breathing exercises with a tube and cup I got on the internet for $50.  Actually, this works good, and I like it.  And it keeps me in shape for when my balls grow back and I will be doing that good old heavy passionate breating again!!!!   But this diet is not for body builders!!!

Anyway, Leroy, do not take things too seriously.  Life is short, and always live love, and celebrate all that comes into your life.

With the warmest regards, Swami Nirav Rakendra.  

Rakendra

Do not know if your flip attitude has to do with your own problems, or you really just do not care. The article you cited was pretty close to good info, but the source was not the source as quoted at all. You do not think that important. I do. When we are all in different stages of study with our various degrees of problems we really need to know the reliabiltiy of what we read. You seem to resent being called for misquoting as opposed to getting a wrong righted. For that I hold your feet to the fire.

"Do not take things too seriously", when dealing with prostate cancer?????   I question your attitude.

That aside, good health to you and cheers.

• moonlitnight
    moonlitnight Member Posts: 58
    Rakendra said:

Agreed

One hundred per cent with you on your response back there, S. Rakendra. While this was not issued by Johns Hopkins, some of the advice contained therein is considerably better than many expert institutions can come up with. In fact most of them are scared to stick their neck out on anything remotely anecdotal. I write medical and pharmaceutical newsletters/briefs as my profession and even as a "third party" I can assure anyone that the institutions for whom I write review everything. This letter is a hoax only in the sense of not being from JH. (The typos and grammatical errors are a giveaway..."John" Hopkins? Ugh!) Best of health to you.

• dw055
    dw055 Member Posts: 18
    ob66 said:

Rakendra

Do not know if your flip attitude has to do with your own problems, or you really just do not care. The article you cited was pretty close to good info, but the source was not the source as quoted at all. You do not think that important. I do. When we are all in different stages of study with our various degrees of problems we really need to know the reliabiltiy of what we read. You seem to resent being called for misquoting as opposed to getting a wrong righted. For that I hold your feet to the fire.

"Do not take things too seriously", when dealing with prostate cancer?????   I question your attitude.

That aside, good health to you and cheers.

Good discussion

Thanks for the good discussion all. I think we can all agree there was a simple mis-quote of internet infomation. I think whats important is to look at alternative ways to improve our chance to live longer and healthier, in spite of our cancer. Thats why we are here yes? We all know there's more than chemo, radiation, surgery. I've had radiation, now I want to do all I can to avoid getting this agian or have it come back. So things like ketogenic diet, that has shown some success, is the type of stuff I want to learn more about !

• Rakendra
    dw055 said:

Good discussion

Thanks for the good discussion all. I think we can all agree there was a simple mis-quote of internet infomation. I think whats important is to look at alternative ways to improve our chance to live longer and healthier, in spite of our cancer. Thats why we are here yes? We all know there's more than chemo, radiation, surgery. I've had radiation, now I want to do all I can to avoid getting this agian or have it come back. So things like ketogenic diet, that has shown some success, is the type of stuff I want to learn more about !

thanks DWo55

Thanks for the post.  On any public board, there will always be those who want to be "right" and to make you "wrong".  This is to be expected, and the choice for the contributor is to accept this or just stop posting.  In the high spiritual world, duality does not exist in the world God created.  Duality is only the creation of man, and in reality can not exist.  I say it is beautiful, you say ugly.  Both cannot exist at the same time and both cannot be true, therefore,  niether exist or are true.  There is only "what is".  Enlightenment is passing thru the door of the duality of man's creation and into the Oneness of God's world, or the only real world.  In fact, the duality of man does not exist in reality. love, Swami rakendra

love, Rakendra

• ob66
    Rakendra said:

thanks DWo55

Thanks for the post.  On any public board, there will always be those who want to be "right" and to make you "wrong".  This is to be expected, and the choice for the contributor is to accept this or just stop posting.  In the high spiritual world, duality does not exist in the world God created.  Duality is only the creation of man, and in reality can not exist.  I say it is beautiful, you say ugly.  Both cannot exist at the same time and both cannot be true, therefore,  niether exist or are true.  There is only "what is".  Enlightenment is passing thru the door of the duality of man's creation and into the Oneness of God's world, or the only real world.  In fact, the duality of man does not exist in reality. love, Swami rakendra

love, Rakendra

The "being right wishers" you

The "being right wishers" you refer to could care less about making another person (as in you) wrong. People on this board, I thought, were gathered to come as close to the facts and realities of our unforturnate and shared affirmity as possible. Your original post implied less, and you took it personally. Too bad. It was meant for all of us collectively getting out the best and most factual information that is possible so we can all benefit. Right and wrong are for debates. This is about health care.

The rest of your post; I really don't know what it means.

Cheers, ob

• bdhilton
    bdhilton Member Posts: 846 Member
    Good information

I live by this and other factors....thanks for your common sense approach to health....