Hi mates it is FRIDAY any interesting plan for the weekend ?

pepebcn
pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
Cold and rainy here spring time seems has not arrived yet! My wife is in Istanbul in holidays this weekend so........don't know what to do sniff ,sniff, sniff.
What about you mates? .
Whatever it is your plan have fun, love, peace and health!

Comments

• k44454445
    k44454445 Member Posts: 494
    hi Pepe

i am taking it easy. i had hipec surgery feb 25 & checked out of the hospital in 8 days instead of the 14 days i was told i would be in for.  a rough surgery! so far i am not in pain but just tire easily. i was told recovery time is 4 months but i decided that am going to good as new in 3 months!!! lol!  we are watching a lot of college basketball & next week will be great as it will be march maddness! of course we are cheering for indiana university since i graduated from there. enjoy your weekend & i know you will be happy when your wife returns.

hugs

judy

• wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member
    k44454445 said:

hi Pepe

i am taking it easy. i had hipec surgery feb 25 & checked out of the hospital in 8 days instead of the 14 days i was told i would be in for.  a rough surgery! so far i am not in pain but just tire easily. i was told recovery time is 4 months but i decided that am going to good as new in 3 months!!! lol!  we are watching a lot of college basketball & next week will be great as it will be march maddness! of course we are cheering for indiana university since i graduated from there. enjoy your weekend & i know you will be happy when your wife returns.

hugs

judy

Gosh, Pepe

We were in the nineties here today. Unusual for March. Had to turn the air conditioner on.

Had planned to start yard sales again, but pretty tired from this week's excitement, so just hoping to rest a bit.

Now, were those sniffs of sadness or catching a cold?  LOL

Luv,

Wolfen

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    St. Patrick's Day

As an English woman, I certainly didn't celebrate St. Patricks (or St. Andrew's and St. David's) Day, but now I live in America, I celebrate all four of the patron Saints on Great Britian as long as it involves food Wink

So, I'm going to enjoy our spring like weather today, take a walk with my husband (gosh, I wish I were still in England), and tomorrow, a pork tenderloin roasted in Irish Whiskey, and Irish soda bread of course. 

I'm glad St. Pat's day fell within my 'good days'.

• Dyanclark
    Dyanclark Member Posts: 296
    Love your updates

I always love to read your post for the weekend.   We never get rain here in Las Vegas, Nevada but it gets pretty cold in winter.   We should be 80 today then going back to 70's  we have enjoyed the warm days but summer is coming & I hate summer here to hot.  

My husband is on Vectibix but I dont think it is working probably go back to Xeloda, he does ok on that.

Love George & DyanSurprisedKiss

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    Baseball season is underway...

and my husband coaches, so our weekend will be spent at the (wet and soggy) ball fields.  Have a good weekend, Pepe!

• annalexandria
    Dyanclark said:

Love your updates

I always love to read your post for the weekend.   We never get rain here in Las Vegas, Nevada but it gets pretty cold in winter.   We should be 80 today then going back to 70's  we have enjoyed the warm days but summer is coming & I hate summer here to hot.  

My husband is on Vectibix but I dont think it is working probably go back to Xeloda, he does ok on that.

Love George & DyanSurprisedKiss

No rain and 80 degrees...

CAN I COME VISIT??

• annalexandria
    Trubrit said:

St. Patrick's Day

As an English woman, I certainly didn't celebrate St. Patricks (or St. Andrew's and St. David's) Day, but now I live in America, I celebrate all four of the patron Saints on Great Britian as long as it involves food Wink

So, I'm going to enjoy our spring like weather today, take a walk with my husband (gosh, I wish I were still in England), and tomorrow, a pork tenderloin roasted in Irish Whiskey, and Irish soda bread of course. 

I'm glad St. Pat's day fell within my 'good days'.

What part of England were you from?

We went there several years ago and traveled all over the country.  Loved it (except for playing chicken with other drivers on those country roads...the hedgerows always won, had to pay the rental co. for four new tires), and would like to go back sometime, health permitting.

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member

What part of England were you from?

We went there several years ago and traveled all over the country.  Loved it (except for playing chicken with other drivers on those country roads...the hedgerows always won, had to pay the rental co. for four new tires), and would like to go back sometime, health permitting.

Oxfordshire

I lived on the outskirts of a little village about 10 mile outside of Oxford. 

I've lived here over 20 years now, and long for England EVERY DAY. 

It doesn't help that I moved from England to the Nevada dessert, 160 miles from the neatest large town. Bleh! 

• AnnLouise
    AnnLouise Member Posts: 276 Member

Baseball season is underway...

and my husband coaches, so our weekend will be spent at the (wet and soggy) ball fields.  Have a good weekend, Pepe!

Baseball and snow don't mix!

We were suppose to begin baseball this week but the snow on the ground has delayed the season.....enjoy your games! Going to take my husband out for his birthday to his favorite Italian restaurant. The teenagers have been hanging out at our house lately (which I love), so we like to be home....hope everyone has a good weekend!

• annalexandria
    Trubrit said:

Oxfordshire

I lived on the outskirts of a little village about 10 mile outside of Oxford. 

I've lived here over 20 years now, and long for England EVERY DAY. 

It doesn't help that I moved from England to the Nevada dessert, 160 miles from the neatest large town. Bleh! 

We loved York,

and the Cornish coast (stayed in a teeny place called West Looe).  Beautiful country.